For users in: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, & Vermont.
By GhostGuy
Here are some photos I took this year for the Ghostbusters of NH at the Manchester NH Christmas Parade. I'll be posting more as I color correct them:

(right click -> view image for high res)
By Foom Man
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
By GhostGuy
Boomerjinks wrote:Great photos! What did you shoot those on?
Cannon Digital Rebel XTi, with the standard lens that comes with it.

You'd be surprised how the photos look without all the post processing. That first photo was almost black. The fourth one was also extremely dark, as was the fifth. I decided to do those first since they needed the most work. Most of the rest have a strong orange or yellow cast to them as a result of the street lamps. That's a bit easier to fix.

Here's a few examples so you can see what's being done:

And another pic:

By GhostGuy
You just made Jon very, very happy.
Well in that case... MORE ECTO!

Unfortunately the car was in motion almost the whole time, so most of the pics of it came out blurry or dark/grainy. I really need a lens with a larger aperature so I can take better photos at night. With a different lens these pictures could be really sharp.
By GhostGuy
Photoshop.

The color correction involves a lot of different layers. Color adjustment, level, curves, brightness/contrast, exposure/gamma, vibrance/saturation. Take the first image for example. I had like three layers of contrast reduction in order to get it back to something resembling the final result you see there. Then I adjusted the color, then I adjusted the brightness some more with levels and gamma. Then I applied some noise reduction to the original image layer once I had all the adjustments applied so I could see the results of that. And I'm still not super happy with the first image, but it was so far gone, I could keep tweaking it and I'm never gonna get it perfect.

Each image presents its own uniqe challenges. Take the ecto in front of the sullivan building for example. I had to create a mask of the bottom half of the image to color adjust the ecto and street which were yellow, without affecting the building which was fine. Probably should have put more contrast into that... my monitor was being hit by the evening sun when I edited it so it was hard to see the image.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]