For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By FeinDTacticS
Welcome Ecto1321,

I have been trying to get an NYC based franchise off the ground for over a year. Most of the attempts have fallen through the cracks except for Fanboy creating us an amazing logo that we all wear here in the city. Me and a few others that reside in Queens and the inner city who are not part of the LI Ghostbusters would like to see this franchise become something huge..

Whether you like it or not, this is our logo.. It is set in stone and has been for over a year. It represents the "big apple" obviously with a small streamlined cityscape in the backround while holding true to the noghost logo. This is how we will be represented here in the city.
Zurccire810 liked this
By FaNBoY
we're just busy people. comes with the territory of living in an expensive place i guess
By FeinDTacticS
FanBoy...This is finally going to happen...me and Steve are in talks about getting this thing off the ground and flying now

im so exicited already
By Socko525
Well if I ever get anything off the ground up by me, you'll have a franchise to team up with to the North. If I wasn't 100 miles away I would just join up with you guys, but it's just too far. For bigger events though I'd def be up for heading down your way. I've got some buddies in Astoria who I could crash with.

I currently work in Spring Valley, NY (rockland county) so I'm not too far out of the city if I left from work.
By imthatguy
I live in Queens and I would love to be a part of this. I'm actually about to build my own proton pack can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get the parts? Thanks
By drjameshouse
imthatguy wrote:I live in Queens and I would love to be a part of this. I'm actually about to build my own proton pack can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get the parts? Thanks
It will all depend on the quality of parts and the amount of money you would like to spend. Seeing that you are a new member I would suggest that you start by looking through all of the information in the Equipment Reference section of this site, then look through the Proton Packs section of the forums, paying attention to some of the great build threads, which should help you decide what you would like to do. Once you know what kind of parts you want check out the Shop here, or the For Sale section in the threads to find parts. All the information you need to research, buy, and build is here, you just need to spend some time looking through it all. And believe me, it is a lot. Finally please always use the search function before posting a lot of generic questions or "how do I do this" and "where do I get that" topics. There are a lot of new members that post questions like that before doing any independent research and a 2 minute search will find you all the answers. People who don't use the search function first or won't do any research of their own don't make many friends. If there are any specific questions you have after researching please feel free to ask them as there are many people willing to help.

I spent a good 3 months researching and reading through old threads to just decide what kind of pack I wanted to start building and have been collecting parts for almost a year. It takes a lot of time and money but is definitely fun. Hope this helped.
By ecto1321
I couldn't agree more with dr james. Research research research. Read all the build threads you can find. This site's shop and multi media mayhem will be your friends but you're also going to have to figure out what route you want to go as far as a pack shell. Most guys use fiberglass shells, but it is pricey. Ive also seen really amazing results where people just use foam or foam core presentation board type material. The only limit if your imagination.

Btw, I'm also in Queens. We're gonna be trying to get some kind of meetup going before Halloween, but at the very least I know a lot of us are planning on going down to the GB firehouse on halloween ans then down to the parade. Stay tuned for news on those events because we would definitely love to have you take part.
By imthatguy
drjameshouse wrote:
imthatguy wrote:I live in Queens and I would love to be a part of this. I'm actually about to build my own proton pack can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get the parts? Thanks
It will all depend on the quality of parts and the amount of money you would like to spend. Seeing that you are a new member I would suggest that you start by looking through all of the information in the Equipment Reference section of this site, then look through the Proton Packs section of the forums, paying attention to some of the great build threads, which should help you decide what you would like to do. Once you know what kind of parts you want check out the Shop here, or the For Sale section in the threads to find parts. All the information you need to research, buy, and build is here, you just need to spend some time looking through it all. And believe me, it is a lot. Finally please always use the search function before posting a lot of generic questions or "how do I do this" and "where do I get that" topics. There are a lot of new members that post questions like that before doing any independent research and a 2 minute search will find you all the answers. People who don't use the search function first or won't do any research of their own don't make many friends. If there are any specific questions you have after researching please feel free to ask them as there are many people willing to help.

I spent a good 3 months researching and reading through old threads to just decide what kind of pack I wanted to start building and have been collecting parts for almost a year. It takes a lot of time and money but is definitely fun. Hope this helped.

Thanks for replying. I'm looking to build an exact replica (sounds, lights, etc). I've even committed myself to the process by buying the Alice Pack Frame today and I've been looking at some of the threads on here to view pics, parts, instructions, and see how other members built theirs.
By FeinDTacticS
Glad to see that there is another person dedicated in the city to stepping the game up with some gear.

You would also make an excellent addition to our Team once you start rolling. I sent you a PM with a lot of information on where to get some key items to get you going since you are jumping to buy the alice frame already . I wish you lived closer to us so we could meet regurlarly. I guess at this rate you will be ready for next halloween?

Also... dont rush. :)
By supercooldude
I still want to get together with you guys. The only thing missing from my gear are the goggles! Gimmee the details and lets get this party started!!

-s
By DohRayEgon82
I totally want an apple patch! That is awesome.

I'd love to put something together and maybe do a short film. Tons of awesome spots for us to film here in the city and staten island!
By FeinDTacticS
dont know if i can make it all of the days but i will be there sometime... and with full gear???? hmmm we will see... its kind of crowded at NYCCC and my proton pack does not like being bumped by a million strangers... getting enough clearance on the subways are one thing
By ecto1321
Oh man, the parade was amazing. Can't wait for this years. Hopefully we'll be able to track you guys down before the start this time. I think doing the con in full gear could be a little annoying, but probably well worth it. At least I hope so. I've never been there before.
By DrEchoSpengler
Me and the kids are going. Hope to see you Saturday. Look for a Peter Venkman child from the cartoons and two girls as Stantz and Spengler.
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]