For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By Spengs
All Jersey ghostheads: If you're into the franchise aspect of Ghostbusters, have a costume and props, or working on them, and want to meet or continue meeting with other Jersey ghostheads, this is for you.

If you hardly know me, brief info: I'm Richard Roy or Rich if we're not informal. I've been around the community since the late '90s, which is when I once started and maintained my own "franchise" in Essex County from 1997-2004. Thanks to collaborating and meeting Bill from Ghostbusters-NJ, we "merged" franchises and have been friends since.

Different reasons sorta had that GBNJ dormant as others came, went, and came again. I felt there was a gap in 2013 with Central and South Jersey. As we once had ghostheads (we knew) in those areas, I had moved in recent years, and began talking to/with Jersey ghostheads north and south from Ocean County I knew the time was right to want to do something again.

Personally it wouldn't have felt right until I at least talked to Bill. We were finally able to hang out this month, talk shop, and about two weeks ago came up with the start of something.

Since then I've been rebuilding/updating the old Ghostbusters-NJ. I dropped the hyphen partially with the idea of a new Ghostbusters NJ for all Jersey ghostheads. The idea is to have a site that could be like a hub site for all the Jersey franchises/ghostheads. If you aren't in a franchise (ie: not enough people in your ares) this could be the easiest way for someone to become a part of a franchise.

If you're already in a franchise and have or are a part of a site, it isn't a problem. You'd still have your site(s) and I'd like to add your members to GBNJ. Hopefully together we can "map" out the state. That may make it a little easier for other Jersey ghostheads to find us. GBNJ can also be a place to talk about/promote events, and we can also add or link to any media a franchise has.

If other state franchises grow out of this, that's great. If fans only want to "stick" to there sites, the GBNJ I built in the last 2 weeks will still work for us. What do you think?

The new site can be found at: http://ghostbustersnj.wordpress.com

You can you use our contact form to get in touch if you'd like to be included. Or email directly at ghostbustersnj @ gmail.com.

Rich
El Chorko liked this
By Ernest Reid
This is gonna require a load of bread to capitalize,, Where are we gonna get the dough?
By El Chorko
well, everybody has three mortgages these days.....

Im new to this franchise thing, what would be the expenses... Everyone provides their own props........getting to an event wouldnt really be a franchise expense as much as a personal expense

What does the money go to the website...?
By Spengs
It's possible others see it differently, I was always under the impression that an individual (probably because they want to have there own anyway) would have not to be repetitive there own flightsuit(s) and prop replicas. Another Jersey ghosthead (Ronald) has had the idea of having some kind of "workshop" where we'd hang out and work on something. Its certainly something that could be doable at some point. Why own only one of whatever? ;)

Quoting Ghostbusters always seems to work. For real, their isn't a penny involved in just being part of the group. I would assume if someone did, is, or wanted to build props and put together a costume, they would have been paying for that either way. Trust us, we have known and do know those expenses.

Right, getting to an event too is a personal expense. Until there is an event/fundraiser IF any money was exchanged among any of us, maybe it would for food and drink when we're actually hanging out. I'm not looking to any ghosthead to expense the website. Currently we're using the free version of WP and still have the gbnj.info. Bill and i both pay for web hosting for our sites. If we do upgrade at some point either of us would pay for that. We've begun to look into it.
By El Chorko
I like the workshop idea I think that would be a good "bonding" activity. And you are right about the multiple props thing... I built my first pack out of 1/8 plywood, and I still have a little bit of work to do and I'm already planning to get a fiberglass shell and one of the new sweet electronics kits from GBFans. So I will have a loaner pack in the relitively near future.

This talk of GBNJ has got me pumped!
By Spengs
Yeah, i think most of the Jersey ghostheads I've talked to would be up for a "workshop" get together. Most of them built or are building their own prop replicas anyway. Coincidental with Halloween coming up, just a thought maybe something could be worked out, depending on the location. Either way I'd like to meet up, even if it wasn't at a con for example.

Thanks for the screening information. I posted it on GBNJ not long ago.

Glad to see fans getting into this more. 8)
El Chorko liked this
By Spengs
If any other fans do go/are going (of the suited up variety) I wouldn't mind seeing any pics or any videos. If you want to write something up about the night I can add it to the site.
By ImLost3
I'm really excited that this Idea has some positive response. When I started the idea of GBNJ 11 years ago (wow, I'm old!) I always it would never amount to anything more than me conning my friends, who have little interest in Ghostbusters, to put on costumes for pictures or a fan film or two. So this is really cool.
By Spengs
Well there was once this four fold cross rip, two universes converged upon NJ and allowed two similarly minded Ghostbusters fans to take Jersey ghostbustn' to a new level. "What a ride." 8)
By Spengs
Greg, you earned it. :crunch:

There are many subtle levels to Jersey Ghostbusters franchises. :cool:
By El Chorko
I have another 1-2 interested parties, friends of mine. I doubt they will join the forums, but they wouldn't mind dressing up for charity events and cons. They currrently have nothing though but that can be fixed easily enough.

The screening at the drive in was GREAT!! Lots of people took pictures of me, including someone who runs the drive in. It was well received by all! I wish more ghostheads were at the movie
By Spengs
With both the franchises I've been apart of, not everyone is active all the time. I don't think anyone was ever into it as much as Bill and myself. Bill can correct me, he has more or less enough flight suits to make an event, etc work for the time.

If your friends want to suit up, that could be cool for what we use to call a franchise gathering.

Glad to hear things went well with the drive in screening. If I lived closer, I would have liked to have come. Even if others had shared that this theater was showing GBs both nights, I don't think in general most ghostheads in NJ (or most Jerseyans for that matter) know that our state has a drive in movie theater period. Maybe Delsea needs a marketing budget.
By El Chorko
The only reason I knew about the showing was because my uncle texted me and let me know. I agree they need to advertise more hahaha

Moving on, I found the website for Creamy Acres Night of Terror in Mullica Hill. As I previously posted this may be a fun way for the group to meet each other for the first itme

http://www.nightofterror.com/home/attractions
By lucky12
I went to the showing on fri and sat night. I really enjoyed sitting outside in my fold out chair watching the movie. Good experience

FYI, they are showing GB1 again this weekend. 10/4 @ 9:00pm 10/5 @ 10:50pm
By Spengs
Greg, that could be a good event for a get together. Not for me to drive to with my car problem(s). Eventually something will work out for most of us.

lucky12: I saw your thread about the drive in showing, thanks for letting us know Delsea will be showing Ghostbusters again this coming weekend. Are you into the franchise aspect of Ghostbusters? Any flight suits, props?
By El Chorko
Spengs wrote:Greg, that could be a good event for a get together. Not for me to drive to with my car problem(s). Eventually something will work out for most of us.
If vehicles will hold back a franchise meeting for everyone available/ interested I'd be willing to pick you up and drive for an event
By Spengs
If I definitely wanted to go to an event and my only car was a problem, I'd let you guys know. I'd probably ask Bill and use all his gas up on the Ecto-FJ Cruiser. :sigh::-P

Maybe a few of us could meet sooner, depending on when Bill and I hang out (some Ghostbusting biz too) you could leave your (far south) lol Jersey area and see a little more of your central, barely South Jersey ghostheads up my way. :cool:
By lucky12
I was here in jersey for a few months for work. But I leave next week. All of my gear is headed towards my next work location, otherwise I would have worn it last weekend. If work brings me back here, I will look you guys up again.
By Spengs
lucky12: Sounds good. Wherever your work takes you, feel free to see what we are or aren't up to :p by checking out our web site, etc.

Greg, received your email, didn't get a chance to write back last night.

I was only kidding about how "far" you are from where Bill and I are respectively at. Where I use to live, in Essex County I was kinda "isolated." My family and I didn't usually drive/visit "south" or "west" to other parts of Jersey when I was growing up that much.I think there are between 7-9 NJ counties I've still haven't visited. I could see some day trips with some future visits.
By ImLost3
Spengs wrote:If I definitely wanted to go to an event and my only car was a problem, I'd let you guys know. I'd probably ask Bill and use all his gas up on the Ecto-FJ Cruiser. :sigh::-P
Now I wish I had went with an Ecto-Prius.
Spengs wrote:Bill can correct me, he has more or less enough flight suits to make an event, etc work for the time.
Not just flight suits either. I have 3 proton pack (4 if you wanna count a Extreme GB pack that needs some major repair) and extra traps and what not as well.
By Spengs
That's what we really need an Ecto that can run on Ectoplasm!

Yeah, we come fully prepared. Business has been mostly good to us through the years. :cool::walterpeck:
By ImLost3
I actually just "finished" my third, so if you need any help or any misc parts...let me know. I've got some really nice switches and a few resistor and what not laying around...nothing to crazy like bumpers and all. plus all my recent knowledge may come in handy.

By "finished" I of course mean it's done with further upgrades planned in the coming months :wink:
By Spengs
All: If you haven't seen the site updates, I added franchise news and Greg's personnel file.

In related news since Bill and I've been working on "upgrading" my flight suit for the 21st Century, after 12 years I ordered a brand new Tru-Spec Khaki flight suit this evening.

I wish I had the "right" boots again. Don't know yet when I can buy new ones. I still have my second pair, those tactical boots from circa 2005.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]