For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
Spengs wrote:Can't link from your local hard drive. C'mon man, with our web site and network talk, did you forget! :-P

The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel

http://www.berkeleyhotelnj.com

Here is there Gallery page:

http://www.berkeleyhotelnj.com/gallery.html

See guys, not only do we get to celebrate my birthday, we get to a comic con in Jersey, (which is sorta Secret Stash/Kevin Smith related) and the hotel is suppose to be haunted. We might even make money from it! :cool:

Art-Deco, Nice
By mrjkpc
So do we have a list of who is going when to monster con?

Oh and short story....I was in the bidding for that 61mm, and I got beat by the clock. Fml. Met the guy who bought it on Facebook and he is going to convert it into an Ecto1.
By Spengs
Bill: About the Google + hang out, that could work sometime. At least right now, we have most of our cell #s.

All: I'll debuting this "experimental" 'bustin attire when I'm actually at the con and if its comfortable for a bit. I finally had time yesterday to look at better directions to the con, seems like for me, most of the travel is Rt. 70. I see too how it can be out of the way for us to travel together from your place to my house.

I've been in touch with Ron and Jody from North Jersey GB too. Sounds like she (and maybe her family) are going. I'm not sure about Ron, either way waiting on responses. My friend Joe and his brother will be there on Friday and Saturday.

Jeffe: Wow, you actually had put a bid or bids on that '62 MM? There was a time I had that kind funding, a potential Ecto-1 that needs work wouldn't have been responsible. I never would have had room for that potential beauty. $8,000 is a great down payment on a much newer ride if we need a full time company car that bad. :-P:)
By Spengs
Good news, just got the call from the tailors. The "jacket" (older tailors/dry cleaners who don't quite get it) is ready. Going to pick up this afternoon and boots should be here by the end of the day tomorrow.
I won't be able to get there until Saturday Morning because of work and needing to get all my stuff together.

Rich when I headed to your place that one time I took 70 the whole way, easy ride, no hills, lots of trees, some pot holes (that was before thie winter) You are looking at depending on traffic, about an hour travel time.

I'll likely be staying at home for the event since I live like 5 miles from the hotel where the con is

Can we sond off for a roll call for who is going on the forum here?

I'm in
By Spengs
El Chorko wrote:Rich when I headed to your place that one time I took 70 the whole way, easy ride, no hills, lots of trees, some pot holes (that was before thie winter) You are looking at depending on traffic, about an hour travel time.
The hotel's directions are kinda jumbled. When I finally looked at Google yesterday it seemed mostly straight forward. Thanks for giving me a little more insight.

Ghostbusters NJ Personnel (copy/paste if you want)

Bill
Rich
Greg
Jeffe

As far as I know Dave from our franchise and Jody (and probably kids) from North Jersey Ghostbusters are going. I haven't heard yet again from Jody about who else may be coming from NJGBs. Ron and I were texting earlier today. Maybe he is, depending on work and plans. I haven't heard yet.

Although not "official" franchise 'busters, my friend Joe and his brother will be there on Friday and Saturday.

In related NJ franchise news (our business, not like a Jersey Mikes) I saw the other Ghostbusters NJ (the ones who have used the GSP logo for their franchise "no ghost" logo) may be becoming active again. Heard about it earlier today for the first time. I think they're close to the con area. We may or may not see them.

*edit* I left the former Ghostbusters NJ a message at there Facebook account about the con and their/our collective franchises. They know now if they didn't before we'll be at the con. Trying to get an idea too about their potential plans and if they're going to MC as well.
By Spengs
mrjkpc wrote:I am....will be going Friday and need to find a room for the weekend.
Jeffe: If you're still looking for additional lodging, when I checked yesterday it seemed like the nearby Hilton (or was that the Holiday Inn, not even trying to go for the reference) had rooms available. Just a thought.
I think my friend Denalyn and her bf may go, she would be interested at some point coming out wit gbnj.

Rich, the Crowne Plaza Hotel where monstercon is being held is on Rt 70 so that should be the only road you need to travel, from the east where you are coming from, just take 70 all the way, when you get into cherry hill you will have to go past the hotel, do a U-turn, and then find a parking spot. The parking might be the hardest part hahaha

There are a lot of hotels in the area, prices from $50-200 per night. The Wyndham on Rt 73 about 5-10 minute drive to monster con is about $85 per night and has a lot better reviews than the $50 per night places in the same area.
Spengs liked this
By Spengs
"How about 9'ish? I'll bring the guide and we'll eat and read!" :cool:

You asked. On a more serious note personally I don't want to rush, same time would want to be there around/by noon. Maybe sooner if I'm ready and on the way between 10:30-11. What do you guys think?

Either way we have most, if not all our cell numbers.
The line to enter can be lengthy if you show up at the wrong time, but it is a pretty big event with a lot of big celebs so that is to be expected. Also parking is sometimes always tightThe hotel has parking and there are some corporate type buildings next door thats where I have parked in the past.

I know I will likely be groggy because tomorrow is expected to be about an 18 or so hour shift for me, but suiting up, getting with GBNJ, and meeting Ernie will cancel out the groggyness (and maybe a monster energy drink as well)

Just a final heads up, usually getting autographs is a $20-$30 deal plus any food and monster stuff you may want. Bring cash and plenty of it because there is like 1-2 ATM machines at the hotel and they always have a line and usually run out of money. I suggest stopping at your bank or a Wawa or something prior to getting to the hotel to " draw some petty cash".
By Spengs
Can't say i'm surprised, especially early on the first day.

Just a bit of an update to else we may see there, the other Jersey Ghostbusters (who may or may not deleted there Facebook page) told me members from there group were going to be there. They also have other events planned and seemed interested in "working" together.

I also saw a message from Ron (from North Jersey GBs) who will be there in the mid afternoon with I think his g/f who has been a member of North Jersey Ghostbusters too.
By Spengs
All: I updated our site with news about many of us going to Monster Con. I also "got around" to updating our Personnel pages.

Jeffe: While I haven't written a "press release" yet, I added your profile and additional information to our on-line Personnel records.

*edit* "Welcome aboard!" - Ray

Press release has been added to GBNJ site.

http://ghostbustersnj.wordpress.com/201 ... ew-jersey/
By mrjkpc
Awesome! Thanks NJGB for giving a home and a job!. Can't wait to meet you guys....

There is some GB stuff around look like matty figures in the box go for around $50_65. One guy has a bunch and even pke meter and goggles. So far average prints with signature are going for 20 photo ops are 40....for most....

So far no sign of Mr hudson yet.
By Spengs
mrjkpc wrote:Awesome! Thanks NJGB for giving a home and a job!. Can't wait to meet you guys....

There is some GB stuff around look like matty figures in the box go for around $50_65. One guy has a bunch and even pke meter and goggles. So far average prints with signature are going for 20 photo ops are 40....for most....

So far no sign of Mr hudson yet.
Jeffe: You're welcome, with you at the con too, in case anyone we meet wants to check our site, they'll know we're serious about this teaming up and going to events. :cool: Plus it motivated me a bit more to get the updates up. 8)

I think the "real" reason Ernie is there is because of his "reunion" with his Crow co-stars. That may be supernatural, at least with Ghostbusters we can do something about it.

I was thinking earlier there would be someone selling Matty GB figures.
By ImLost3
Now available Ghostbusters-New Jersey 2: The Sequel! A movie so epic it took over 5 years to complete! yes you heard that right OVER FIVE YEARS! I’ll let that sink in for a moment. Where were you in 2009? We were in NJ’s Pine Barrens filming the conclusion to this fine film. So sit back, relax and get ready to waste 9 1/2 minutes of your life you will never get back!

A mysterious man joins the team just as the Governor of New Jersey is abducted by unseen spectral forces. Can Ghostbusters NJ get there in time to save him. The fate of the Third State hangs in the balance.

You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll mostly sit in silent indifference. So enjoy Ghostbusters- New Jersey 2: The Sequel!

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]