For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By Spengs
El Chorko wrote:Well there is a ten page written test. And if you pass that then you need to pass the physical fitness test... An obsticle course with you proton pack and full gear..
As Jeffe has similar training to Ernie's original character I think he could handle it. 8)
ImLost3 wrote:Speaking of which, Dave has one last scene to finish the SFX for, then I'll give it the final approval, So hopefully it should be done in a week or so, with a possible viewing party the end of the month!
Nice, good to hear. :cool:

Jeffe: I got your reply recently to my email with the pics of you. I thought I emailed you about how to "join" GBNJ. Now that you've sent a couple of pics, write a short bio, doesn't have to be all in character or at all in character. Send it my way and basically that makes you a member of GBNJ.
By Spengs
Jeffe - Just checked my email, your bio has been received.

Can't speak for the others about La or any other groups fundraising, I have not made any donations to other franchises.
By mrjkpc
Ok so i just got a pack i bought from EBay and it need a lot of work...so when’s the next workshop.lol I would like to start meeting the rest of the gang. I would like to plan a Day where i can host or maybe go to NJ for a meet and Fix lol. Anyone interested?

Rich~ not that you have my BIO am I in? Say the words.....geeking out over here!
By Spengs
I've been working towards the end of January and into February including tonight the scaled back version of what was Ghostbusters International, now Ghostbusters Incorporated.

You know where to click:

http://ghostbustersinc.wordpress.com

Which hasn't left enough time to update other sites, ya know like ours.

Jeffe: I sometimes like the big "official fanfare" when its warranted. Until I do update the site and if it "puts you at ease" you're the DE District Coordinator. Basically our DE Ghostbuster so we can sleep in, do other things or save on gas. :-P

My schedule is usually sorta flexible.
By Spengs
You're welcome. "Business" or promotional cards are something we need to design for this year's model. More then likely once we figure out and invoice a client for a domain name. In the meantime I want to work on a card design and try to get to it before any event later in the year. :wink:
By mrjkpc
I was going to start a DEGB page on Wix...it's around $13 a month for a year and they give free domain name and $250 for Google advertising. Easy to use html 5 editor. I have most of it done but no bylaws or charity info yet.
By Spengs
Greg, when we're ready to print, I do know who....to... :cool:

Jeffe, unless you want to spend the bucks (never know how long you'll be paying out, trust us on that) I'd just use a free site through wordpress.com or somewhere else. I think WP "throws" (I don't know the technical term for it) the links and posts throughout the search engines. I know you know the background tech, sites like WP are easy to use. I admit, I miss some domain names, you get 3 GB to start and can always upgrade more on your terms. ie: domain name, web space.

My opinion, If you're just about the only DE "franchise" ghosthead that you know of for now, why put money into the site. Better to use the funds for your props, etc. By etc, I mean buy us lunch. :-P j/k
By Spengs
All: Good news, even though 1&1 Hosting had billed me for the quarter per normal, even after canceling, the money has been refunded. We are now free of their oppression. :lol:
By ImLost3
El Chorko wrote:Bill, How far do you live from Roseland NJ?
About an hour, give or take a few minutes.
El Chorko wrote:Monstermania Con in Cherry Hill NJ is March 7-9

Wizard World Comic Con in Philly is, according to what I saw, June 19-22.

Are these Two things we want to try and do as a group. Meet up at the shows or prior to the shows or something along those lines?
I'm in for both, but definitely Monstermania Con. What day do you have in mind?
By El Chorko
Saturday I'm thinking for both as of now We'll see how work will dictate that to me though hahaha. With my work Saturday for Comic Con will defineitely work. Saturday at Monster Con is Still a little Fuzzy Right now.

I asked about Roseland because that is where my current office is if you wanted to plan to meet up in the evening one day I'd be up for it.

Lastly, If you had any plans for a hotel/ apartment scene in a film, Where I am living up in Vernon, at the ski slope it the ideal background
By Spengs
I texted Bill back from his earlier text. Wasn't trying to be elusive, (even before we heard about Harold Ramis) some sometimes usual and unexpected personal stuff going on.

I didn't know 100% until today if I'd be driving for group meets up or anywhere out of the area because of the car for possibly a couple of weeks. Good news is my 2000 car (the year it was made, not how old it is :-P ) passed state inspection. I was concerned before I talked to the shop I use yesterday that needing to replace the front break pads might cause me to fail inspection. Since I've taken care of my exhaust/air flow issues in recent months and inspection seems to be all about emissions I figured I'd be fine. I don't know if tis true, the service manager used an "extreme" example of bringing a car in with a broken window and it would pass inspection. I thought I was in a safe town. lol

GBNJ 2 Viewing

I'm suppose to meet up with my friend Joe, another ghosthead who isn't on the forums, perhaps some day could be up for joining us as a franchise.on Saturday, March 15 if plans don't get postponed. I don't know if I could make the viewing that weekend.

Monster Con

If we want to all go to Monster Con, I'd rather try to make that. Saturday would probably be better. My newer flight suit is still incomplete. I may have to wear one of my originals. We'll see. I still don't have my new boots, I might "gamble" on ordering a pair soon. Hopefully it won't get delayed with the pending snow storm Monday.

My friend Joe and his brother, another ghosthead are suppose to be at Monster Con too. I think his brother wants to stay overnight, I'm not sure if he's definitely staying overnight.

Wizard World Philly

With Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary, could be a great June con to attend. Bill and I formerly had a disastrous "appearance" there in Summer '2005, within a couple of months of my blood cells causing an upheaval for me. Unbeknownst to The Real Long Island Ghostbusters (maybe other franchises) we "embarrassed" them by not really suiting up and putting up with the heat. Yeah, I had some brewing blood disorder issues I wasn't completely aware of and it was really hot outside and inside.

I wouldn't mind making new, a lot better memories at my second Wizard World with our group, maybe North Jersey GBs, and other ghostheads.

Asbury Park Comic Con

I brought this up in an earlier post when we were talking about events. There is a newer (I think) comic book con in Asbury Park in April. Never been, since its "local," maybe we could check it out. If it's terrible, we could take pics in town and hang out. If it matters, it might be around my birthday. i haven't checked the site since I first posted about cons.

*edit* Here is the Asbury Park Comic Con Info.

April 12-13, 2014
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
10 AM-6 PM

http://www.asburyparkcomicon.com

Chiller Theater (Spring)

April 25-27, 2014

The spring Chiller Theater is also in April, at the end of the month. Of course with Chiller (which use to be the "home" con for us) the Fall/October has been the one to go to.

http://www.chillertheatre.com
By mrjkpc
Hey gang I wanted to let you all know I will be at monster con all 3 days. So of anyone wants to share a room or hang out please let me know. Pm me for my number.

Philly WW.
I would love to go. Went last year and I lived it but only made it to one day. ....I know the PGB will most likely be there they love having a table at that show. Unless we plan something. ...I may help them with their table. As you all may know tickets are expensive but if you go as a vendor all parties can Split the cost and it would be cheaper.

I don't know much about New Jersey except for what was said in the real ghostbusters cartoon lol but count me in ill find a way there.
By Spengs
If it works out tomorrow, the new flight suit will be about 75% complete. I want to order a rubber leg hose connector and I'll probably still order the boots.

Jeffe: That's great about the room. I can't speak for everyone else and I don't remember how I use to be able to have a day or days doing things at at an event. I can get tired easily. To possibly have a non public space to hang out in for a bit is good on a personal level.

And if you heard about NJ through The Real Ghostbusters, Sopranos, "historically accurate" Boardwalk Empire, and Governor Chris Christie, its just about right. :walterpeck::lol:

Greg: I agree, with how GBNJ is evolving too, we probably should have our numbers. If their isn't a group PM on this site, we can PM or group email our numbers which might be easier.
By Spengs
Thanks for letting us know. I was looking over their site earlier and saw that. Last time I actually went to a con tickets at the door I think were $25. Oh, you know inflation and all that. lol I was trying to see how much money I'd need at least for a ticket.

I was just looking at the hotel site where Asbury Comic Con is going to be at. Assuming I had the right I think historical hotel, it seemed pretty nice. Maybe in central and south Jersey it was different, the impression I had of Asbury Park kinda was it was rough. I'm sure like any town, it's had better days. I guess there are just as nice parts as bad parts these days?

If you guys take a look, the front of the hotel reminds me a little of Sedgewick. Could be a good photo op.
By mrjkpc
Here is a pic of the front of that hotel.....looks good to me

Edited because you posted your local hard drive link. Either host the photo here and link it, or host it on a website ( or even Facebook) and then link it here.
By mrjkpc
Found this on trip advisor

“Haunted!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009
I don't even know where to start when it comes to the Berkeley. First of all Asbury park is freaky enough..we all felt like we were in the movie Silent Hill. When you pull up to the hotel you feel like your entering a psychiatric hospital. Even though the inside looks brand new you get this weird feeling from the minute you enter the hotel. Especially since its so huge but has such few guest. We all thought the elevator was going to collapse and literally held on to each other. Around 1am we heard people outside our door..so my fiance tried to open the door to get in the hall and someone was literally holding it from the other side. He struggled for several minutes..finally got the door open..and no one was there. Even though we shut off one of the lamps by the switch it was still flickering until we unplugged it altogether. Our whole group was so scared that we didn't even fall asleep until 3am. Then we woke up early..got our stuff together in about 10 minutes and headed for Seaside Heights. I would never go back to this hotel or Asbury Park again.

Stayed August 2009

i want to stay there! for the night, you know try it out.
By Spengs
Can't link from your local hard drive. C'mon man, with our web site and network talk, did you forget! :-P

The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel

http://www.berkeleyhotelnj.com

Here is there Gallery page:

http://www.berkeleyhotelnj.com/gallery.html

See guys, not only do we get to celebrate my birthday, we get to a comic con in Jersey, (which is sorta Secret Stash/Kevin Smith related) and the hotel is suppose to be haunted. We might even make money from it! :cool:
By Spengs
No problem, just a friendly service reminder from 1998. :-P j/k

Finally (it only took 5 months) I got my flight suit and patches to the tailor/dry cleaner in the neighborhood. Cost is good, work should be quality. With the pending weather it might not be ready until Saturday. They didn't promise, the woman who will probably do the sewing said to check on Friday. I'm about to check on the boots, getting their with the complete uniform again.

*edit*

I just placed an order for side zip paratrooper "ectoplasm stepping" boots. They're from Bates and are on sale. I qualified for free shipping, even if it wasn't going to snow UPS ground could take up to 14 days. :shock: I paid extra for 3 day shipping, maybe depending on the snow all over Jersey I'll have them mid week.
Spengs wrote:Greg: I agree, with how GBNJ is evolving too, we probably should have our numbers. If their isn't a group PM on this site, we can PM or group email our numbers which might be easier.
What about creating a google plus hangout for Ghostbusters-NJ that would allow us to communicate privately.

Just a heads up on my recent costume project. I don't have pictures yet, but if ya'll remember the beginning of the GB video game during the opening commercial had an animation error wear they had Venkman without the pack, but still wearing the ALICE straps with the flashlight and radio. Well, I'm making that a reality. I've purchased military LC-1 ALICE Tactical Y type suspenders and the angle head flashlight. I already have a modern Motorola radio. Rich will be debuting the rig at monstermania con. The in-universe reason for the rig is for the "trap master". you can easily fit 3-4 trap holsters on the belt and the suspenders will make it so there is no belt sag.
Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]