For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By Spengs
You guys get much snow this month? Our blown out of proportion reported snow storm (TWC called it Electra) was more of a light rain. The previous snow brought about 2 inches. We may get snow tomorrow.

Stay safe everybody.
By ImLost3
I hope the holidays were good for everyone. I got a nice early Xmas present from my pal Dave. He started to work on the special effects for GBNJ2. Only 5 years after filming wrapped! More news about this and the new Web Series coming soon!
By Spengs
I finally received my Mattel/Matty Neutrino (Nutrona) Wand today. Yeah, in that way Christmas was good. I'll be doing the mostly usual "prop toy" review for an Ectocontainment update.

I'm probably going to buy the rubber leg hose connection from Nick next month, once I have everything I can get them sewn on the flight suit. Still not sure when I'll get more screen accurate boots. I'll keep the team updated.

Bill: I know we talked about GBNJ2 sfx, I'm glad like with what was the filming of GB2 things may be coming together. 8)

*edit* Oh, I haven't forgotten. In the new year I want to work on some graphics for us, the kind we may need for promotional purposes such as business cards. Once we have that group shot of us, that'll help too for the site and unprofitable merchandise! :lol:
By El Chorko
I just found out that I am moving to Roseland NJ for work, but that doesn't mean ill be unavailable for events/ movies/ whatever.

Monster con in Cherry Hill is usually in March and August, I think it would be good to ho to that as a group. I have gone in the past by myself and still had fun.

Rich any new GBNJ members or interests, I know you had mentioned someone contacted you in the past.

I keep dropping the ball when it comes to the Ghost hunting store in Mt Holly... I swear I'll get there! I also have another reason to go, because my friend's neighbor gave me a bunch of "ghost hunting" equipment that I don't know how to use and would like to learn. now that its 2014 happy 30th to GB, I think we could use that to our advantage for an event/ making an event..

I am also getting ready to start making another pack with fiberglass and aluminum parts. Thats my 2014 winter/ early spring project.

Hope all is well,
G
By El Chorko
mrjkpc wrote:GBNJ are you guys still keeping up with GBI I have been stalking your inbox for months trying to get some green light on DEGB...Please get back to me.

I know Rich and Bill were heavy into GBI . I have not heard from them in a little while so I am not too sure about that. I will try and reach them and we will get back to you.

Off topic but, Maybe in the mean time GBNJ and DEGB can do an event together or something. Ernie Hudson will be at Monstermanina Con in Cherry Hill NJ (Camden County exit 34-36 off of 295 ).
By mrjkpc
That would be great but right now there is no DEGB officially. ...I need to talk to someone who has done a franchise before who could answer some questions. Know anyone?
By ImLost3
Yeah, I haven't heard from Rich in a while either, I know he thinking of maybe stepping away from the idea of GBI and just keeping with GBNJ. But If you have any questions about "franchises" I'd be happy to answer them here or drop me a PM.
By Spengs
Pretty much to Greg - :walterpeck: <-- that's for me, not you.
El Chorko wrote:I just found out that I am moving to Roseland NJ for work, but that doesn't mean ill be unavailable for events/ movies/ whatever.

Greg: When I lived in Belleville, I worked in Roseland in 2004. Fun commute from the GSP to Exit 145 to take the ramp to 280. If I left 15 minutes it made a real difference in how my work day was going to be. I was really only late (in the worse way) once and at the time didn't have a number with me to call ahead. My former boss was an understanding guy.

Maybe living up in Essex County could help us expand our franchise with either new fans/members and the North Jersey team.
El Chorko wrote:Monster con in Cherry Hill is usually in March and August, I think it would be good to ho to that as a group. I have gone in the past by myself and still had fun.
I know i mentioned Monster Con, not sure if I knew Ernie is going to be there at the time. I've never been, if something could be figured out (might need a ride) I might like that.
El Chorko wrote:Rich any new GBNJ members or interests, I know you had mentioned someone contacted you in the past.
Not really "official," I've had one email exchange with Jeffe (if he's reading I apologize if I mis-spelled your name) through our main GBNJ account. For other reasons I haven't talked to him more. :oops:
El Chorko wrote:I keep dropping the ball when it comes to the Ghost hunting store in Mt Holly... I swear I'll get there! I also have another reason to go, because my friend's neighbor gave me a bunch of "ghost hunting" equipment that I don't know how to use and would like to learn. now that its 2014 happy 30th to GB, I think we could use that to our advantage for an event/ making an event..
Whether we eventually make an appearance or not with that Mt. Holly store, being able to use real ghost hunting equipment could be fun, as you said it could be used for one of our TBD events.
El Chorko wrote:I am also getting ready to start making another pack with fiberglass and aluminum parts. Thats my 2014 winter/ early spring project.
If you want, you could document your pack build. Could be a "declassified" feature on the site.
El Chorko wrote:Good Day GBNJ just checking in and seeing what is up with y'all (cause I'm from South Jersey).
OT: If it has to be said, I'll say you all because of my roots. My g/f and her immediately family are mostly from southern states and say y'all.
El Chorko wrote:Rich, Let me know if you got the pictures I emailed to gbnj@gmail.com
You didn't type the email I check here, you did send pictures, I received them of your pet(s).
By Spengs
mrjkpc wrote:GBNJ are you guys still keeping up with GBI I have been stalking your inbox for months trying to get some green light on DEGB...Please get back to me.
If this is Jeffe (again, apologizes if i have mis-spelled your name) I'm sorry I haven't found the time yet to write you back. I did see your last email around last night. I didn't mean so much time to pass between emails. I still want to write, you can usually find us on the board. Out of all of us, I think I have the most email addresses. I'm usually not too hard to "locate."

If you emailed me at my GBI email at any time since we first wrote (through GBNJ) I hadn't mostly kept up with that account. I'm not sure what else you wanted to know about starting a franchise from what I wrote you originally and shared the links to the GBI site. As Bill said, we can help answer additional questions.

If you're looking in the meantime to start a DE franchise as we talked of, you could be part of our franchise, in our newly forming Delaware district.
By Spengs
ImLost3 wrote:Yeah, I haven't heard from Rich in a while either, I know he thinking of maybe stepping away from the idea of GBI and just keeping with GBNJ. But If you have any questions about "franchises" I'd be happy to answer them here or drop me a PM.
I actually called you yesterday around 5:30 PM. I suppose that could qualify as a while. :lol:

mrjkpc: Bill's mostly right about my work with/in GBI. The site's in a bit of transitional period why I sort out hosting and potential new domain options. As I wrote in the last post, the information on the site is pretty much the information about being a "field agent" and starting a "franchise." Basically Bill and I built it up early on and I kept it going best I could. I'm certainly not the "authority" about all things GBI, as I said I can help answer additional questions too.

*edit* Just re-read my first latest post. I had a feeling I'd mess up the quote tags. Of course it seemed okay when I was using the quote text functions. :vinzclortho:
By Spengs
Jeffe, I emailed you two separate emails this afternoon/early this evening. If you still have questions about joining GBNJ or starting a DE franchise, please ask. We'll do our best to help.
By El Chorko
I just ordered a bunch of pack stuff because there is currently a Supporting Member sale so I get a little discount. I will document the build, why not. Rich, the pictures were of my dog and cat living together and the last picture I held up my PKE in the picture to show that it was off the charts. I just thought it was funny the way they were laying together, I got a chuckle out of it

I will follow up with more info about Monster Con, hopefully I'll have a second, Better pack built by then. Bill, What was the size speaker you put in your pack you brought to Rich's that one day?

I did get to the Ghost Hunter Store, the one lady I talked to didn't seem to care, But I feel like there may be a bit of hope I I showed up with a plan and some supporting documents.

I want to start looking into charity stuff, I am thinking of reaching out to Make a Wish or CHOP cause, "the kids love us"
By mrjkpc
Hey guys I know I'm not a full member of NJGB yet but I have a great idea for charity. ..I'm going to sell petri dishes of slime. I made some the other day and it's so cool and cost is very low.

So what do I have to do to join again?
By El Chorko
Well there is a ten page written test. And if you pass that then you need to pass the physical fitness test... An obsticle course with you proton pack and full gear. Then after that there is a shooting range to test your busting skills. Similar to the one in Men In Black. Then finally you need to sign a piece of paper allowing gb nj to experiment on your first born child

It's all pretty basic standard stuff

Did I miss anything guys
By mrjkpc
Well I just won a bid 2 days ago on a pack that is going to need some work. Most of my gear is from Matty collector. I have a full uniform but in a gray color. I am also working on my own pke meter made from and android phone. A side from that I have a huge toy and comic collection.
By mrjkpc
Awesome lol I would love to meet up after I get this pack....I'm going to need some experts to look at it and tell me what I need to fix....so is the monster con the next event?
By El Chorko
It is likely the next planned event, Some time before then we can try and find a Sunday to get together and meet up again, That was the last thing we all did together in the fall.

GBNJ is in a rebirth phase so it is a bit slow getting moving.

Bill has a fan film he worked on from a while ago that is about finished up that I would like to see
By ImLost3
El Chorko wrote:Bill has a fan film he worked on from a while ago that is about finished up that I would like to see
Speaking of which, Dave has one last scene to finish the SFX for, then I'll give it the final approval, So hopefully it should be done in a week or so, with a possible viewing party the end of the month!
By Spengs
Hey guys, other Jersey franchise members, and others. If you haven't been on the site today, I wanted everyone to know to update your bookmark. As Bill and i talked about and had been a long time coming, we no longer have the gbnj.info domain name. If i'm not billed, I will be 100% free of 1&1 Hosting later this month.

Our site can be accessed through its WordPress domain, http://ghostbustersnj.wordpress.com.

I know Bill and I would like to have a domain for GBNJ for ease of remembering and future promotional materials.

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]