By grogking
Im interested in finding out how you built your door closing mechanism. The purpose of this thread is to discuss how best to do this and get ideas for the community on different methods used. Please share what you have come up with!!!
By DarkSpectre
I scored a Kenner trap for my son over the weekend and I had to take it apart to figure out why the pedal wouldn't open the doors. Basically the pedal and hose attach to a cylinder that holds a lightweight piece that connects to the doors that when pressed forces air into the chamber, the piece raises, there by opening the doors. I really think this rudimentary mechanism could be translated into a full size trap using the same methodology. Hypothetically you could make the cylinder and raising piece and rig up a pump bulb under the trap foot pedal
necrosapien87 liked this
By necrosapien87
DarkSpectre wrote:I scored a Kenner trap for my son over the weekend and I had to take it apart to figure out why the pedal wouldn't open the doors. Basically the pedal and hose attach to a cylinder that holds a lightweight piece that connects to the doors that when pressed forces air into the chamber, the piece raises, there by opening the doors. I really think this rudimentary mechanism could be translated into a full size trap using the same methodology. Hypothetically you could make the cylinder and raising piece and rig up a pump bulb under the trap foot pedal

I was thinking about the kenner trap which I knew used air, but wasn't sure how. Any chance you have pics of it as you disassembled it?

I installed new red and blue panels for the light[…]

After assessing the damage to my first pack, I dec[…]

Thanks to a theater program called Flashback Cinem[…]

GBFans Shop Feedback

I ordered a power cell and cyclotron light kit fro[…]