By prototype7
Well, this seems to be my theme right now... I'm building a ghostbusters costume for halloween and am trying to make everything just a little different from the movies.
I got this really cool idea for a handheld ghost trap... it's be a little more on the comic side, probably more like something you'd see in extreme ghostbusters or rgb. Anyway, as I work on it I'll post the progress here.
I was just wondering if anyone else had made some custom design traps?
By Ecto96
I was thinking up a custom design on both a pack and a trap.. A system that can hook into the original pack for power, or run on it's own, where there's a thrower on one forearm, and a trap on the other. Was also thinking of a pyramid shaped trap, since pyramids are supposed to be a spiritual object anyways.
By prototype7
a pyramid shaped trap... that cuold be really cool! Plus there are several ways you could have something like that open up. That's a pretty neat idea!
What were some of the ideas you had for the pack?
By GB Ty
Ecto96 wrote: A system that can hook into the original pack for power, or run on it's own, where there's a thrower on one forearm, and a trap on the other. Was also thinking of a pyramid shaped trap, since pyramids are supposed to be a spiritual object anyways.

Just for fun :D .......

By prototype7
pretty cool... but really, not a bad concept!
Another thing that would be pretty cool is having the top of each section of pyramid roll down like a car window to open.

Remember those rc hovercraft? You could have it ride on an air cushion. That way you could even trap ghosts over water!
By Ecto96
All great ideas. I was thinking of having something like the roll down window thing, either that or the square doors on the sides fold down though still point up somewhat, so the light actually bends into them from refractors to suck the ghost in. But that concept drawing looked awesome.

So far as in the pack, it looks almost like a shrunken form of the original, with a small power cell and cyclotron, the latter being the most recognizable. Then it'll have a narrowing top or front, where the thrower is, which will have a cable coming out of the side and going down to the cyclotron, just like the original and it'll be able to throw, with a coupler on the other side of the cyclotron for a full sized pack's power, running through to make a nice powerful proton stream, that might even be a new color.
By Master Taran
What comes to my mind as a possibility with a pyramid trap would be for it to open like Ra's ship in Stargate, how the sections sort of pulled down.
By prototype7
Master Taran wrote: What comes to my mind as a possibility with a pyramid trap would be for it to open like Ra's ship in Stargate, how the sections sort of pulled down.

Now THAT would be awesome!!! Let me know when you get the mechanics down! :shock:
By Master Taran
Mechanics? I have no idea. I just thought it would be a cool concept.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]