By jim1984
Hi,
Can anyone tell me by what way the trap can be separated ? (ie : When Stantz shows to Ziggy how to clean up the trap)...

Is there any puch button with a spring or what ? or it's a lock on the side of the trap ?

The way I did mine... I only installed a screw under the trap and a little rail between the main box and the frame.

Thanks, jim
By UltimateGBfan
There's a release button on the handle.

Just for future reference,Stantz shows Zeddemorre how to cleanse the trap.
By jim1984
Are you sure that it is not a screw. If you look to the pics of the trap (not the movie pics but other ref. pics) you can see that the trap of GB2 has no srew (or button like you say) on top. So, why remove a fonctional button ?
Thanks.
its only what I'm thinkin'...
By christphern
The reason only one trap has the button, is that only one trap was ever made to be released. The same goes for the opening trap doors. Only one trap between two films opened.

The release was probably a rod that went through the handle. There was a bent plate, that was hinged. It had a spring under the back side. When you push down on the rod, the front of the plate lifts up, releasing it's hold on another bent plate on the cartridge. Two spring loaded pins hidden inside the trap's outer cartridge, would expell the inner cartridge out.

Chris
By Dustin Elmore
Christphern, do you know that firsthand, or is that conjecture? I never thought the trap had any release itself, I always assumed the one used in filming just sat in place, and was pulled out once it "locked" into the containment unit.
By christphern
I don't know it first hand, per se, as I don't own a screen used trap. However, both the hook and pins are visible on Greg Hanson's trap, which was the trap from said containment unit scene. If you look at the pictures, you can get a pretty good idea of what the mechanics were. I mean, there are only so many ways that a set up like that can work, no?

If you look at the first photo, you can see the pin on top of the handle as well. Also visible is another object on the left side (from front) of the handle. No telling what it is, but if I had to make a semi-educated guess, I'd say it was probably there to lock the hook in place so it doesn't get released on accident. You can see the left side of the cartridge hook in the second photo.

Chris
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]