By Bob Wobbaz
So whilst in work this evening I had a customer come into the store. As I was helping him I noticed he had an extremely large E cigarette, around the size and shape of a small hip flask, which I asked him about. He said to me that it was a custom build that he used in competitions (yes, this is actually a thing). The hobby is called cloud chasing, making the largest cloud of vapour with an ecig. There is an art to it, and a heck of a lot of electrical knowledge required, which he offered to help me with. He showed me the device in action, took a massive drag off it and......wow. It looked like the store was on fire. MASSIVE plume of smoke which hung and wraithed very much in the way the smoke in the Sedgwick scene did. Obviously, this with a drag but he also showed me how much smoke was produced with the coil simply being on, far much more than a standard ecig.

From what I understand, there are differences between this and a standard ecig set up. The batteries are MUCH more powerful and choosing the right ones for the right coil is crucial. Rather than having a tank of liquid, cotton is soaked in VP e liquid (this is the type that gives off the densest smoke) and threaded through the coil. The coils themselves are much larger than a standard ecig, the one on his device looked to be 2mm thick coil.

I'm just wondering if anyone has thought to do this before? The volume of smoke and the density of it seems absolutely perfect for what we're trying to replicate.

here's a video of a cloud chasing e cig in action. I can only imagine how badly this guys lungs are wrecking after this...

By Bob Wobbaz
It's certainly a concept I'm considering, the estimated cost is around the £70-£80 region, it'd have to be safe enough to mount in there but I can speak with this guy who made his, he owns a vaping shop in my local town and talk about how to make it fool proof
By DerGrundel
This is really cool! I was talking with RedVirtue about this, but I had no idea about Cloud Chasing--and thus the ability to maximize the amount of smoke that comes out of the trap. Maybe this could finally mean the development of something lamebrains like me can build at home to make a smoking trap.
alphabeta001 liked this

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]