I'm having a hard time finding GB1 hero aluminum plates to fit my nick-a-tron kit. Does anyone have any clue as to where I could get some from? It seems the only one available are for GB2 stunts which are way off size wise.

I've had the kit a few years now as i've been waiting on getting all the parts together before starting it. I think MMM used to do them but his site no longer seems to work. I'm a bit surprised no one is doing them as I thought this was a popular kit. Is there anywhere else I could get them?
I don't have access to metalworking tools and i'm in the UK where we don't seem to have much in the way of custom metal places unfortunately. Not who are willing to do such small pieces anyway. Every trap build I seem to come across lately is a hero build, yet all I can find is GB2 stunt plates which doesn't seem to make much sense to me!
damster117 wrote:I don't have access to metalworking tools and i'm in the UK where we don't seem to have much in the way of custom metal places unfortunately. Not who are willing to do such small pieces anyway. Every trap build I seem to come across lately is a hero build, yet all I can find is GB2 stunt plates which doesn't seem to make much sense to me!
Just read this and wondering if you have overcome this obstacle yet? Those metal plates look simple enough to make, surely there is someone on this forum that can offer to make them up...as these parts are aesthetic details and are unpainted, there is no accurate substitute for the unpainted aluminium plates either, as spray painting other materials just won't give the same finish. I'll have to do a bit of research into this area too!
damster117 wrote:I certainly did! Gbfans member umoribawar/freeky geeky is who you seek :)
Lol awesome! I actually just gave CPU64 a bell and he can make these up too :) What I really need help with are the measurements for a GB1 trap; I'll probably go the Nick-a-Tron route like yourself, so it would be very helpful to know the measurements you used for the plates, so I know they'll fit ok! :)
Ok no worries! I've found a thread on this very subject actually, lots of info there as well [emoji4][emoji106]
Here are the plate sizes for my hero kit!

The 2 main side plates are 205mm x 72.5mm
>
> the smaller plate for the tear drop dial is 70mm x 55mm
>
> the smaller plate for the cone dial is 42.5mm x 62.5mm
>
> the front plate is 78mm x 68mm with the cut out for the indicator box being 27mm x 57mm

all plates are 2mm thick
barison82 liked this
Thanks again guys for your help! Getting the plates cut thanks to this info :) Will be ordering a full kit soon!
nick-a-tron liked this
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]