Does Matty even have the rights to classic stuff anymore? I'd love to get my hands on another trap (had to sell mine to pay bills). But with Avonos stuff on the horizon, I don't think this will happen. Do petitions even work anymore?
DarkSpectre wrote:Does Matty even have the rights to classic stuff anymore? I'd love to get my hands on another trap (had to sell mine to pay bills). But with Avonos stuff on the horizon, I don't think this will happen. Do petitions even work anymore?
Good question with who holds those rights. Mattel has the new stuff from the Reboot that I could care less about. But a second run of the Matty Trap would be great. I would buy a couple. A second run would also knock the prices of those being sold by scalpers on eBay down.
Out of curiosity - has there ever been a time where these petitions actually worked?
Still, a petition signed by a decent amount of people will show Anovos that we're interested in more traps. And they have the licence to make props, hopefully traps, if Mattel doesn't.
Morfeusoneiros wrote:Still, a petition signed by a decent amount of people will show Anovos that we're interested in more traps. And they have the licence to make props, hopefully traps, if Mattel doesn't.
I think Anovos is more than aware of how popular a trap would be. It's not like they haven't heard the fan demand online. It's their job to know stuff like this.

That said, don't expect to get a trap from them for $130 like Mattel. It will still likely be as much as the Matty Traps go for on the secondary market, if not more.
Doctor Venkman wrote: That said, don't expect to get a trap from them for $130 like Mattel. It will still likely be as much as the Matty Traps go for on the secondary market, if not more.
Hopefully it'll be closer to a real prop, and they've hinted at parts you'll assemble yourself.
I'll be waiting for any news with high interest.
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]