By TheLegendOfMart
I am currently modeling the reboot trap for 3D printing. Below is what I have so far. I know I need to shorten the end where the box goes on and move door arms in a bit. I don't think I will be releasing the files for free though.
Kingpin, Troy, MonaLS liked this
By TheLegendOfMart

Getting there slowly. Waiting on a scaled test print to see if mechanism works or not then I can finish all the greebles and split it ready for printing.
By TheLegendOfMart

Finished. Getting someone to print it out to make sure it all works. Unfortunately I wont be giving the files away for nothing I've spent over 40 hours on it.
By Not404Error
TheLegendOfMart wrote:Unfortunately I wont be giving the files away for nothing I've spent over 40 hours on it.
A lot of people have done a lot of things along these lines throughout the years I've been here, and it's never a popular decision. Do what you wanna do, but don't be surprised at the fallout.
By TheLegendOfMart
Not404Error wrote: A lot of people have done a lot of things along these lines throughout the years I've been here, and it's never a popular decision. Do what you wanna do, but don't be surprised at the fallout.
I made it for me to see if I could. I already gave away for free the more accurate gunbox that I spent over 20 hours doing.

If people don't think its worth compensating me for 40+ hours work, then they can make their own trap :)
MightyAni liked this
By Lucifan
A quick sketch and diagram is one thing to hand out. Something you sunk days into modeling individual parts for to work in synch is not done lightly. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the model. As a costume tailor, time ain't cheap
MonaLS liked this
By TheLegendOfMart
Thanks. I'm not trying to rip people off or use this place to make money. I've been asked by a few people if I do commissions to make a trap. I turned them down and designed it anyway.

Someone is printing the trap up for me right now, if all goes well it should be available shortly.
zeta otaku liked this
By TheLegendOfMart
Yeah I desperately want one, it's hard trying to design things without being able to test print. Thankfully there have been some very kind people who have offered to test small scaled parts for me.
By TheLegendOfMart

It's done.

Printed out and tested though I don't have a printer so I don't have any live pictures as it's not put together yet.

It shall be available for sale on etsy right now.
MightyAni liked this
By Lee FW
no worries, this might actually give me the kick to get into 3D printing (used to be a traditional resin caster and mould maker at a props studio so 3d printing has always being a bit of a mystic art to me!)

Gotta say again though, that is some fine work!
By TheLegendOfMart
My 3D printer is out of action, that was just a test one. I don't think it will be any time soon.
lowsee wrote:Definitely interested in this file, when and if you decide to sell it :D
The files were up on Etsy for almost a month and no one was interested so I removed them.

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]