My proton pack has been a bit lonely and after seeing countspatula's great build, I couldn't resist this one. Can't thank Sean enough for generously putting the files out there. The kit itself has been definitely a pleasure to work with and put together. I can't say enough good things about Sean's work.

I got my parts printed from 3d Hubs. It was a great experience and would highly recommend it. Below are my parts filled, primed and painted.

Here's a ton of goodies from Adafruit that Sean pointed me to for the trap.

This video is a quick demo of the lights, sounds, and door mechanism.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0F5Lo ... sp=sharing

This video is my first time playing with the smoke effects. I couldn't find the ones Sean used, so I'm using Halo brand e-cigarettes that looked to be pretty similar. The draw on the e-cig can only be constant for about 1-2 seconds, then it auto shuts off. I'll need to program the Arduino I'm using to keep turning it and off to get a consistent puff.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0F5L ... U1VWkdYVEU

Right now I've been trying to find the parts to get the smoke connected to the top frame, but finding the right reducing coupler to connect the hose to the e-cig has proven more difficult than I thought! The other challenge I've been having is with power. The boost board I'm using doesn't like a constant draw of more than 1 amp and I think once I added the motor, the total electronics draw gets a little over causing some weird behavior. I've added some low-ohm resistors to the three door LEDs and the motor which has improved it greatly, but the quirkiness still can pop up.
Last edited by spanakadakawaka on February 3rd, 2017, 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grogking liked this
Oops sorry about the pics! Would help if I made them public first.

I didn't take a lot of pics or notes as I working on the electronics. For the most I just deeply studied the one photo captioned "The Guts of the Ghost Trap" on Sean's article at http://www.tested.com/tech/3d-printing/ ... host-trap/.

Did you have a particular question? I know Sean said he was working on a full guide he was going to put out pretty soon.
grogking liked this
Sure!

The Adafruit items are what Sean had tentatively for the trap when I had asked him for some part IDs, all subject to change for his guide, so buy at your own risk if you're waiting for Sean's guide. And if you're not waiting for his guide, still flip him a few bucks for it when it's out! :)

Adafruit:
3 x 3-pin JST SM Plug + Receptacle Cable Set[ID:1663] = $4.50
4 x 2-pin JST SM Plug + Receptacle Cable Set[ID:2880] = $3.00
1 x 5V 2.4A Switching Power Supply w/ 20AWG 6' MicroUSB Cable[ID:1995] =
$7.95
2 x 2.54mm/0.1" Pitch Terminal Block - 10-pin[ID:2142] = $6.70 - (Note these two dont fit perfectly on the proto board. I had to add jumpers to one rail to make it work)
1 x Adafruit Perma-Proto Small Mint Tin Size Breadboard PCB - 3
pack[ID:1214] = $7.95
1 x NPN Bipolar Transistors (PN2222) - 10 pack[ID:756] = $1.95
1 x Bi-Color (Red/Green) 24-Bar Bargraph w/I2C Backpack Kit[ID:1721] = $9.95 (This was tricky to solder for me. Many pins in close proximity)
3 x 1 Watt Cool White LED - Heatsink Mounted[ID:518] = $11.85
1 x Lithium Ion Cylindrical Battery - 3.7v 2200mAh[ID:1781] = $9.95 (Might want the double version)
1 x PowerBoost 1000 Charger - Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A (1000C)
[ID:2465] = $19.95
1 x Stereo Enclosed Speaker Set - 3W 4 Ohm[ID:1669] = $7.50
1 x Proto-Screwshield (Wingshield) R3 Kit for Arduino[ID:196] = $14.95

Separately I also bought from:
Amazon
- Adafruit Music Maker Shield
- MG90s Servo Dual Pack
- Striveday™ 26 AWG Flexible Silicone Wire
- SD Card

Servo City
- Servo Chain
- Sprockets that fit 1/8' rod

Halo eCigs
- Automatic Starter Pack - https://www.halocigs.com/g6/starter-kit/

Ebay
- Air pump

As I mentioned before, to help lower my power consumption, I ended up adding 10ohm Resistors (1/4W) to three door LEDs and Motor. The lights are still bright and the motor still seems strong enough to pump out the smoke. Having various sized resistors is might not be bad for any other LEDs or custom items you might add.

And if anyone has a good idea for a coupler from the host to the ecig, I'm all ears! I still can't find something that works. :(
grogking, Polly liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]