Looks like you got the main aspects of it correct, as far as number of vents and general placement. Might just widen that forward vent a bit.

By the way, my above pics are linked from my Facebook album, and will disappear here shortly. If a mod or anyone wants to make them more permanent, that's fine by me.

Otherwise, go to the video in the original post, and look for the 3:34 and 3:36 marks.

Alex
When I watched the video, I was personally excited to see that side, but presumed that it was common knowledge and I had just been out of the loop. I put the pics in a folder of reference images on my FB and suddenly some very knowledgeable folks were all commenting, "Holy s***!" LOL

Hey damster117, I scrolled through your very educational thread and found the pic you mentioned.

What was the original source of that image, if you recall?

I also saw the images you were using from the Propbay listing. Amazing stuff. I've added them to my album on FB.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:Looks like you got the main aspects of it correct, as far as number of vents and general placement. Might just widen that forward vent a bit.
I'll redo the front one. The rear vent is shown clearly in one of the other pictures but the front one I had to base on the partial view in the picture above, and assumptions i made about the size of it. At least I'm on the right track :)
Alex Newborn wrote:
What was the original source of that image, if you recall?

I also saw the images you were using from the Propbay listing. Amazing stuff. I've added them to my album on FB.

Alex
It was part of the Propbay set I found whilst researching the trap. The set I found included two or three extra ones which aren't in the original Propbay listing. I don't have the full images now as I lost them due to a failed external hard drive. The ones in my thread are the only ones I have left. I hate computers sometimes! I noticed your album is called "building a better trap" So are you building your own trap then Alex?
Alex Newborn liked this
Ouch. I know the pain of an external hard drive failing. In my case it ate some rare Star Tours pictures that I'd amassed while interviewing some of the ILM wizards and Disney Imagineers who worked on the original ride in the 80s. I had never shared them publicly because, per the letter of my contract, all images that I gathered became the property of Star Wars Insider magazine whether they printed them or not. It was very painful to lose some of those.

That "Building a better ghost trap" has been on my FB page for a few years now. I did amass a lot of parts, mainly for the pedal, but I've never actually begun construction. The pics from the Mark Hamill video were the first time I'd added anything to the album in ages.

One of the other Florence Ghostbusters is building a trap right now, though, so maybe someday.

I've got the Matty, but I'd love a lightweight belt-hanger.

Alex
Great catch!

Just playing around in my model of the trap I've been working on for for a while, I think the dimensions are around the following:

- Back Plate: 2" tall x ~1.5" wide
- Front Plate: 1.5" tall x 2.625" wide

I'll need to play with it a bit more, but what are your guys' thoughts?
Alex Newborn liked this
Alex- sounds like you lost a lot more than me. I bet you had some great pics in there too. As I'm also a big Star Wars fan I can empathise with losing such irreplaceable images.

If you go down the belt hanger route I'd avoid adding too many real parts, or a release mech. My trap even though resin kit based is getting very heavy now with all the parts added!

Cole- I'd agree with those measurements I've started to make the front vent already and it's about that size. I scaled it from my existing rear vent (also pretty much the size you've arrived at) and using my fingers to help measure it as handily a hand is in the shot! I think my vents are just slightly smaller than the sizes you've arrived at but it's definitely close. My trap is based on an existing kit so I have scaled them to my cartridge size in order to look right.
Alex Newborn liked this

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]