By GBDRE760
Does anyone know of a way that I can wire up some inexpensive Ghost Trap lights for the Bar Graph and the one red light on the battery box? I maybe some sort of yellow bar graph that I can wire to a chip or something? I know bar graphs are cheap, like $2 but I don't know much about resisters and stuff but I would love to give it a shot if I knew just what parts to get. Thanks guys!
By GBDRE760
DarkSpectre wrote:https://www.etsy.com/listing/494158806/ ... =related-1

I've used 2 of his led chaser's for my wife's pack and our slimeblower. Great quality, and good price.
I saw those. He has great prices but he said he can't guarantee that if I order from him, that I would have it by Halloween. I know a bar graph, L.E.D, and toggle switch aren't expensive but I would have no clue how to put them together and have them animate. There is another trap here that is really crappy. Some of the measurements were off and a few things were visibly not level, but it had a switch, battery pack, a red light, and another light in the front but they don't animate, they just stay on solid. If worst comes to worst I'll recycle it's electronics since I want to build a new one by Halloween. I was just really hoping to have a way to add a bar graph.
By GBDRE760
I would love to have checked out his stuff but he said he isn't sure if he would be able to have it shipped to me by Halloween. I wish someone knew of a way that I can kinda throw one together for the time being. I know a while back someone posted something about making cyclotron and power cell lights from a simple LED chaser kit that was on AllElectronics.com it wasn't exactly screen accurate but it was a nice touch and kinda close. I'm looking for something like that just to get by with this ghost trap.
By GBDRE760
Okay guys, I have a theory and it just might work....
I'm thinking of getting this kit...

https://www.allelectronics.com/item/aec ... kit/1.html

Instead of soldering the LED lights that come with it, I am thinking of soldering some wires leading to a amber yellow bar graph. I may piggyback the red LED of the trap between the toggle switch and the battery. Theoretically this may just work. The chip may have to sit inside of the trap while those lead wires lead up to the area that the bar graph should be in. If you guys think this should work, let me know....
By J2Metal
In theory that might work. i don't know if there is a significant difference in the load that the red vs yellow LEDs handle in terms of voltage.

I used an Arduino nano in mine to make the LED bar cycle and the red light blink. wired everything through a breadboard until i finally have the time and patience to do a circuit board. I ordered almost everything through all electronics and Amazon and it wasn't expensive at all.
GBDRE760 liked this
By GBDRE760
J2Metal wrote:In theory that might work. i don't know if there is a significant difference in the load that the red vs yellow LEDs handle in terms of voltage.

I used an Arduino nano in mine to make the LED bar cycle and the red light blink. wired everything through a breadboard until i finally have the time and patience to do a circuit board. I ordered almost everything through all electronics and Amazon and it wasn't expensive at all.
I would love to do that someday but I know I am going to have to take the time to learn how to code the Arduino. I know I will soon enough. I am working on getting a 3D printer so for now, this trap build is being made out of wood from Venkman 71's ghost trap plans. It won't be the last prop that I make, lol.

I really appreciate your response though. If the bar graph takes up more power than the stock LED lights should I get some better resistors?

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]