Hey guys, does anyone know of some Alternative ways to mount Ghost Trap Doors? I am using Sean's Ghost Trap plans and 1/4" plywood. I got ready to paint the trap, everything was primered, but I forgot to fit the doors so I got them out, marked my holes, and as I was drilling the hole for the peg that is on the back of the cartridge..... SNAP! I ended up taking that area back down flat to the rest of the wood hoping to just put one long piece there instead of 2 pegs. This is the 3rd trap I have made and I have only successfully got the holes that hold the pegs for the trap door in place on one of them! Is there any alternative way to mount the Ghost Trap doors that will still allow them to open? I believe the matty trap has long hinges which would have been nice. I would not have this problem if I had a place near me that sold styrene :roll:
CPU64 wrote:You need to use a better material. Plywood is not your friend when building small pieces like in the trap.

I know :( I have to figure out a way to save it. Unfortunately the doors are just sitting there for now until I see what I'm gonna do.

CPU64 liked this
I went and got some miniature hinges and after I started to work with them, I quickly saw that those werent going to work :( I may have to cut new pegs, sand the area, and glue new pegs in place and try it again from there. I really hate that there is no local shop for styrene.
Is it the part on the door with the peg that breaks or the hole for it?

I looked at the plans and am wondering if a thin metal rod could be glued to the bottom along the door to fit in the hole to work as a hinge like the peg? It would sit higher but like small pieces on the lip to sit on might keep it flat.
GBDRE760 liked this
Noremon wrote:Is it the part on the door with the peg that breaks or the hole for it?

I looked at the plans and am wondering if a thin metal rod could be glued to the bottom along the door to fit in the hole to work as a hinge like the peg? It would sit higher but like small pieces on the lip to sit on might keep it flat.
Its the holes peg things with the hold drilled through them that sits behind the ghost trap doors but in front of the battery and handle. Basically the rear supports for the door to attach to.
GBDRE760 wrote:
Noremon wrote:Is it the part on the door with the peg that breaks or the hole for it?

Its the holes peg things with the hold drilled through them that sits behind the ghost trap doors but in front of the battery and handle. Basically the rear supports for the door to attach to.

Would something like that work, maybe just glued on instead of drilled to not risk splintering the plywood?
GBDRE760 liked this
Im not sure but it looks like it could be a good thing to try. After this I am definitely gonna be building from styrene even if I have to order it, lol. I know I am trying to get a good 3D printer soon. I'n the meantime I will probably give this a shot. Thanks.
Noremon liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]