https://www.spirithalloween.com/product ... ailIndex=2

$49.99
EXPECTED TO SHIP ON OR BEFORE 8/30/18

Wrangle up those pesky ghosts this Halloween with this officially licensed ghost trap from the Ghostbusters film. This ghost trap looks just like a prop from the movie and even lights up and makes sounds. Also featuring a versatile clip to attach to your belt, this ghost trap will always be ready for the next ghost hunt! If you come across any ghosts this Halloween, you know who to call!

Officially licensed
Exclusively at Spirit Halloween
Dimensions: About 7.5” H x 14” W x 6” D
Battery type: AA ( included)
Material: Plastic
Imported
Kingpin, Ecto-1 fan liked this
chris8414 wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:39 amHow could they release the trap with no foot peddle? :(
They probably decided it wasn't cost-effective, either it'd push the retail price past what they were aiming to sell it for, or to have included the pedal, it may have led to the Trap having less detailing or functionality.
robandliv liked this
chris8414 wrote: July 24th, 2018, 3:57 pm Mattel made one with a foot pedal :)
And they charged about two and a half times what Spirit is retailing their own Trap for.

Now, that's not to say the Spirit Trap is better than Mattel's, or that Mattel's wasn't good value for money, but they are targeted for different markets, and different budgets.
I just picked one of these up. I don't own a Matty trap...and with the costs of them being what they are that seems unlikely OR I'll be too petrified to worry about wearing it and dropping it. The spirit trap is simple, it's a Halloween prop but it's fun and I really hope someone makes a holster for them because the belt hook it comes with is gonna slide off your belt.

Being that so many people either charge an arm and a leg for a Matty trap or make their own and sometimes are behind in orders or those 'prop makers' that rip off others such as the Hollywood Nikatron thing I'm happy with a spirit trap because I'm not afraid of wearing it and dropping it, its easy to replace, I'm more open to modding it, it's better then the nothing we got for how many years. The fact that Matty's stuff is hundreds of dollars and even they are not that accurate is just a joke. That's a company that had a licence and decided to stop selling stuff and still refuse to release more items because they say there's no market...Wha?

That product buyer should be tossed. Spirit comes along and makes cheaper versions, I can tell you these will sell for nothing else then mod items or items were not worried about dropping as much which is why I bought the PKE and Goggles. If Matty doesn't want the money then all the more power to Spirit.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote:I just picked one of these up. I don't own a Matty trap...and with the costs of them being what they are that seems unlikely OR I'll be too petrified to worry about wearing it and dropping it. The spirit trap is simple, it's a Halloween prop but it's fun and I really hope someone makes a holster for them because the belt hook it comes with is gonna slide off your belt.

Being that so many people either charge an arm and a leg for a Matty trap or make their own and sometimes are behind in orders or those 'prop makers' that rip off others such as the Hollywood Nikatron thing I'm happy with a spirit trap because I'm not afraid of wearing it and dropping it, its easy to replace, I'm more open to modding it, it's better then the nothing we got for how many years. The fact that Matty's stuff is hundreds of dollars and even they are not that accurate is just a joke. That's a company that had a licence and decided to stop selling stuff and still refuse to release more items because they say there's no market...Wha?

That product buyer should be tossed. Spirit comes along and makes cheaper versions, I can tell you these will sell for nothing else then mod items or items were not worried about dropping as much which is why I bought the PKE and Goggles. If Matty doesn't want the money then all the more power to Spirit.
Is the belt clip part of the body mould? Looks like it. I would love to avoid my rotary tool on these.
I got mine in the mail today! I'm not the biggest fan of the white side plates or lack of front plate all together with molded knobs tho both are a pretty easy fix overall its nice though details aside, for what I paid for it and what it does IMO totally worth it! Also the painted stripes on the trap doors are a nice touch though it needs a connector for the pedal!

The belt clip seems like it would be easy enough to remove tho it doesn't seem to get in the way if using a trap holder...

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]