Hey guys,
I’m in need of help. I need a fully working trap. I’ve looked everywhere with no luck. I’m needing it for an event. Hopefully with all the bells and whistles. Lights,smoke, open and close trap doors like the movies. I understand that Matty collection is an option possibly but I want to see what options are available. Anyone that can help me before Halloween would be greatly appreciated.
Much like with the Proton Packs and other prop replicas, loans and rentals aren't very common: primely due to the expensive and time-intensive nature regarding building these props.

I don't have a Trap to loan, but I will ask: What sort of event are you looking to get a Trap for?

A Matty Trap is one option (if you can afford to purchase one), the Spirit Hallowee Ghost Trap is an affortable alternative if you have a store close to you. Beyond that, there's always building one... It might not have all the bells and whistles, but it may achieve some of the functionality you desire.
Leovanscoy1340 liked this
Thanks for the help. Yes I’m a manager for a store and I want to do a ghostbuster them. I have a suit and proton pack plus signage and props for the event at my store but i wanted a fully functional one as I described earlier. The Spirt Halloween one is ok but definitely not what I need. The Matty trap is the better one for the event most likely for the kids but can’t find one at a decent price. I understand that is due to the demand since it’s not made anymore causing the expensive prices but $800+ for a toy is a bit extreme. I figured for that price I might as well got a real one commissioned. No luck there so far.
Leovanscoy1340 wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:50 pm Thanks for the help. Yes I’m a manager for a store and I want to do a ghostbuster them. I have a suit and proton pack plus signage and props for the event at my store but i wanted a fully functional one as I described earlier.
What sort of store?

The immediate thing that springs to mind of course is guaranteeing that the loaned item is safe, because even in the best case scenario we can't always prepare for every eventuality. Having worked in retail and customer-facing jobs for over six years, you can never predict what some children... And even some adults may do.

And things can even go wrong for fans within the Ghostbusters community... I was involved in a mini fan film shoot where a friend and fellow Ghostbusters costumer was holding a trap, and before we know it it was on the floor in several pieces.

Something that may encourage someone to come forward is to get them involved in the night, that way rather than dropping the Trap off and picking it up at the end of the event, they're there for the duration and can keep their eyes on it.
I appreciate all the ideas thank you. As for the store it’s a Dollar General. As for the trap itself no one but myself would be with it to keep it safe. That’s another reason I thought about as well. I figured if I purchased one that ultimately it would be my responsibility to insure nothing happens to it.
Dude, just buy a Spirit one. No one will rent or loan you a screen accurate trap. The time and money invested into it is is too great despite your claim to be the only one with it. This is why the spirit stuff is popular. it's affordable and decent enough for those who want to get into the hobby without build skills or money.
hutto liked this
I’m not sure why you felt the need to get rude. I wasn’t wanting to rent or borrow but to purchase one in the first place. We are all fans of the franchise and was hoping that someone would know someone that does build them so I could just buy one with all the features that I was looking for in the first place. I’m just a little surprised you would come off the way you did.
Fully assembled props do pop up on a semi-regular basis, though functionality obviously does vary from item to item. Though I can't say I've seen many people selling fully kitted-out Traps on a regular basis - more often than not props are usually in collections of components rather than completed.

While the Spirit Trap doesn't have all the functionality you're after, it's probably the best bet to have a Trap in time for your event.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]