By charliesdad
I've been looking for the metal pieces on the sides, like the gold or brass piece. I also have struck out looking for the aluminum plate, and weird knobs on the front. Are people forking out big bucks for all this?
By Dr. Ray Stantz
If you buy the larger project boxes from radio shack they come with metal plates that you can just screw on the side and they're the right size.
By phantom50
I've been looking for the metal pieces on the sides, like the gold or brass piece. I also have struck out looking for the aluminum plate, and weird knobs on the front. Are people forking out big bucks for all this?

The knobs are hard to find as most of them are out of production. I have a resin set I made up last year. Here is a pic in primer gray color. 100% movie accurate, to my knowledge. The knurled knob is actually domed, not flat. They also have real metal set screws that work.

The aluminum plate is called Vector plate. That stuff is expensive as it is used in electronics housing. Here's a link to a guy that sells the stuff you need:

http://www.proptopia.com/viewtopic.php?t=895

The "brass" thing is a gold resistor. I have a few, but I sell them in a five piece set of resistors and don't want to separate them. Sorry. Let me know if you need any of these things via PM.

Brock
phantom50
By Ecto96
Couldn't you just (With knowledge of a welder) Weld the box together out of thin steel, grind down the rough parts, and give it a really good paintjob? I know the knobs and stuff would be harder to do, but you could attach them after getting the main body, I mean, there's fifty brands of chome paint out there, just mask the areas you don't wanna paint, and start with light colors and work to dark. I.E. chrome and yellow, then on that, black, that's what I plan on using to build my trap, so I can use smoke bombs in it to make it smoke when I caught a ghost.
By uscm buzz
Hey Ecto96 if thats what you want to do .. do it.. and show us.. so we can check it out..
By Ecto96
Planning on it, being laid of certainly puts a damper on prop building. Have some steel and want to do it, but the nearest welder I can use is 152 miles away x.x;

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]