By Ecto96
Hey gang. Yes it's another rip off of a RGB trap, but this one's got some juicy modifications. The first of which, is we painted the yellow tube black, as well as put a cable wrap on it to make it a little bigger. Secondly, we put a knob on the front, thirdly, there's a toggle switch, fourth, there's a blinking red led (that really functions) right about where the real traps have them, and finally, the battery box inside the trap. In one picture you see a trap, and a copy of it with no doors and no cord. Well fear not, as I didn't ruin two good traps, rather, I took two bad traps (One from my childhood the one with no doors, and one from ebay that had no pedal) and made one especially good one, and one we're going to use for filming our fanfilm. In the movie, you have to take the cord and pedal off the trap to go into the containment unit right? Well tada, we have one, though even once it has a toggle switch installed, it won't be functional. The led on it is actually the one I burnt out on the other one when I used a nine volt battery without a resistor. The battery box inside the trap has a switch on it, so in the film we'll probably turn on the toggle switch in order to say the trap's on, then after catching a ghost, turn on the battery box and let the led blink. We're going to call these 'minitraps' as I'm planning on building full-size traps as well, 1 or 2 of them. the 'minitraps' are lighter in weight, as well as what they can hold (Class 1-4) Tell me what you think! I'll upload a video of the trap in action as soon as I figure out how x.x; The painting was mostly done by hand with model paint, as well as a little bit of krylon fusion black on the handle. Also thinking of adding in a couple white led's inside the trap for when it opens, not sure just yet.

By section33
they look pretty cool... im currently converting my old trap... what i would suggest is painting the doors in yellow and black, it make it look far better overall...
By Ecto96
Cool. Model paint does stick relatively well to the plastic, afterall, it was made for painting on plastic. So far as in the doors, I've been thinking about painting them with new black and yellow as well, but they still glow in the dark, and I'm not sure if I'm going to or not. I did paint the little round parts that actually hold the doors, the hinges, black, so they don't show up, and have been thinking over and over about the yellow. But thanks and I love your profile pic lol, it's awesome.
By section33
yeh everbody seems to love it...
By Ecto96
Lol, well, you've mixed two kick-ass things: Ghostbusters and ipods :lol:
By secrecyguy
Looks good! I am thinking of buying a Ghost Trap myself and painting it and modify it so it will look similar to the ones in the movie.
By uscm buzz
Hey if you want the led to blink while on.. use a blinkin led from radio shack.. and I used a 9 volt and they work fine.. cuz they blink but its better to use a batter holder that holds 2 AA or AAA.. they are about the same size as a 9volt but only produce 3vots.. so it will last for a long time..
By Ecto96
Yeah, the light does blink, it's pretty much fully functioning, trouble is, a 9 volt will blow out a 3.5 volt led after a few minute of running, now it has a 4 AAA battery box.
By Master Taran
I'd say go ahead and paint the trap doors yellow & black (you could just paint the the white-ish glow-in-the-dark parts yellow; you don't have to re-paint the black parts). Personally, I think that would go a long way towards finishing the prop off and getting rid of the last of the toy look (and the glow-in-the-dark feature is really just a cheap toy gimmick anyway and not that useful, IMO). You already got it looking pretty sweet, I just think it still needs the movie-style doors.
By Ecto96
Yeah, I guess I will.. Thanks for the compliments though guys :D Going to work on those later, putting the trap on the back burner for now, cuz now I'm starting up a proton pack.

It's our arthouse European sensibilities in effect[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]