Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
This topic was created to leave feedback for Shawn Swift, also known at "GhostGuy" the creator of the MIGHTY Microcontroller. Also on eBay as "ectoprops".

Current Status: Banned / Blacklisted for Theft.

Known Aliases
-Shawn Swift (Kickstarter)
-GhostGuy (GBFans)
-sswift (RPF)
-ectoprops (eBay)
-sswift2 (eBay)
-GreyLady (2nd GBFans account)
-scswift (Reddit)
-Rabid Prototypes (new business name / new Kickstarter name)

People he owes money / product to
-AJ Quick ($5000, Paid back in August 2013 only after bank / Kickstarter / Amazon got involved.)
-Julz (~$4800. Paid back in early 2014, only after bank got involved with chargeback.)
-Foom Man (~$1000 for Proton Pack, Shawn claims 50% paid back)
-cowbybill (PKE Meter / $500. Approx $250 paid as of Oct 2013).
-Ernest Reid (PKE Meter & Predator board, Shawn claims PKE has been delivered.)
-wm6929 (Kickstarter backer status unknown, Shawn claims doesn't exist.)
-nicktheguy (PKE Meter)
-AMC78 (PKE Meter)
-TomVDJ (PKE Meter, Refunded March 2014)
-deathstarchris (Kickstarter backer, assuming paid back)
-Robert Havens (Kickstarter backer, paid back)
-5-6 Kickstarter Backers for "Predator Kit" (Shawn claims only 3 backers of Predator kits awaiting refunds now).
-idfraser (Bought a MIGHTY, never received it)

Has been banned for ripping off fans for over ten thousand dollars worth of items. Sold several items in 2009 that customers have yet to receive (as of 2013). Sold the "MIGHTY Microcontroller" on Kickstarter and on GBFans and took more than $10,000 from a few members and then spent the money on living / personal expenses without providing anything in return. Fraudulently mislead customers to buy more time for himself. Posted libelous (proven false) remarks against his investors / customers in an effort to make excuses for his financial misdeeds. Has been banned as of May 2013. After the ban he is claiming his computer no longer works, and the packages he had shipped have been lost in the mail (very common lie from scammers). Avoid at all costs.

October 2013
ShawnSwift created a new account named "GreyLady" and posed as a female member of the site. He used the account to contact members of GBFans to try and scare them into purchasing from him. His most common claim was that users would be banned if they bought the MIGHTY, while providing a link on where to buy them. This username has been banned.

Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relavent to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven't had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
I bought his (The Videogame stylized RGB) PKE meter about a week ago. Kept in contact with me at every step of the way after purchasing (an email when he shipped it, checked if I received it, etc). He does very good work that is worth the money. Well-made and painted, this PKE is ready to turn some heads at the birthday party this coming Sunday!

I have experience with eBay sellers for more than 7 years. He's one of the ones to trust. I definitely recommend him to anyone if he plans on selling anything else!
By SabaSka109
I just recently purchased something from GhostGuy and he was super cool. He always got back to me quickly, and shipped the package very fast - had the package 2 days after the purchase. Thanks!
By Gareee
Just got the gigameter radios shack mics from him, shipped and delivered in a timely fashion, and packaged very well to prevent shipping damage.

Good price, good shipping, I'd deal with him again!
By Kingpin
I recently purchased one of GhostGuy's PKE Meter kits (minus the antennae). The kit arrived today safe and sound, and I'm very pleased with it, especially as he included a clear piece for the screen which I wasn't expecting.

Great transaction and keep me updated on the order. :)
By aburns84
His RGB PKE's were worth it. Mine work great. The electronics seem better than the Matty PKE's. The sound and brightness are great. Top quality PKE. He is a great seller.
By Nicholszz
Ordered some Chemical Gloves off him.
Fast shipping. They are a bit smaller then I 'figured' he described. But I couldn't be happier.
By Stroudy
Got my bellows of him. They were very quick to arrive in the UK and was well packaged.
By Cornelius
Bought a PKE kit off him and am more than pleased! Fantastic kit! Good quality stuff! I must admit it took quite a bit of time but it was worth the wait. GB is after all a hobby and I don't expect anyone to make it a priority...
By cowbybill
Cornelius wrote:Bought a PKE kit off him and am more than pleased! Fantastic kit! Good quality stuff! I must admit it took quite a bit of time but it was worth the wait. GB is after all a hobby and I don't expect anyone to make it a priority...
I know this is off topic but when did you receive your kit, was it a fully built PKE, and how long ago did you purchase it?
The reason I ask is there are a few of us still waiting for our PKEs from Shawn.
thanks.
By AMinionOfGozer
The Mighty is awesome Shawn, couldn't be happier! Thanks so much!
By Ernest Reid
although he is now a blacklisted seller and i am still owed 4 more kits and a PKE meter, and we all know the debacle that went down, I will refrain from commenting on that,, as far as a review of the kit ,, when i finally got it it was a decent kit,, and to be neutral and fair shawn did stay in constant communincation when troubleshooting.
Bought a full Mighty Controller back in Jan, received it last week, I felt Sawn kept me abreast of delays.
no real problems with the kit.
I'm pleased as punch with it.

My only criticism would be it need some clearer set up instructions, but its not to hard to work out where everything goes
Enderwigan wrote:I received my mighty for what it is worth now. Just letting you guys know he did come through.
He may have come through for you.

But he still owes over $10k to myself, julz and of course the other Kickstarter backers that didn't get a pack kit.
JoeLuna33, ChapterMasterTu'Shan, julz and 5 others liked this
AJ Quick wrote:
Enderwigan wrote:I received my mighty for what it is worth now. Just letting you guys know he did come through.
He may have come through for you.

But he still owes over $10k to myself, julz and of course the other Kickstarter backers that didn't get a pack kit.

I understand AJ. I just thought I would put that out there. When I originally purchased the mighty I didn't know all the other stuff was going on, or I probably wouldn't have bought it. I just thought I should at least mention I got it.
got the remaining four kits and extension cables i was owed,,,although i am still owed a PKE kit and predator module, my mind has beeb further eased,

I hope he uses the profits to repay AJ ,Julz and the others.
I have added the eBay name "ectoprops" to the topic title.

He is claiming to have shipped 95 of the Proton Pack kits now, and has 45 kits listed on eBay right now. With the "extra" kits sold, he has generated another $12k+ in sales and yet has not paid back myself or julz.

He has in fact not contacted me at all in regard to paying me back.
AJ Quick wrote:I have added the eBay name "ectoprops" to the topic title.

He is claiming to have shipped 95 of the Proton Pack kits now, and has 45 kits listed on eBay right now. With the "extra" kits sold, he has generated another $12k+ in sales and yet has not paid back myself or julz.

He has in fact not contacted me at all in regard to paying me back.

He has also failed to deliver or pay back those that supported his Kickstarter.
Ernest Reid liked this
Womp waaaaaaa :walterpeck:
jimbo7, BlkMesaHero, wm6929 and 2 others liked this
People are actually giving me negative feedback for basically stating I'm disappointed with not having my money back? If the people that downvoted me actually own mighties then up yours! Since one of the reasons you actually have them is because of my wallet! Perhaps the downvoters would like to support Shawn further by paying me back as an act of good faith?

Nobody?
people are a tad downvote crazy round these parts,,, personally i feel your pain and hope you get your cash back. but i know the rule about feed back threads so ill keep it relevant ,, got my last mighty kit i was owed,, i hope he comes correct with all you guys,
BlkMesaHero liked this

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]