Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By Dr. Stantz 24
John is a very honest person and makes a great product. There is no reason not to buy anything from him. His shell is very good quality and is worth every cent. Will buy from him again !!!

Thanks again John !
By Phish4dinner
I just recieved my shell today and I must say in all seriousness.. THIS IS THE BEST PURCHASE I'VE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!!

Thank you so much John!!

:crunch:
By monolith21
Nothing but good things to say about my alkaline shell. I would definitely buy from him again!
By Ryusui
I purchased a pack shell from John and I can easily say that he is definitely one of the best sellers around. Everything that has already been said about him is spot on. Personally, I was very appreciative of his constant updates in the pack shell thread. He conducts himself in a very professional and highly personable manner.
I think the highlight of my experience with him was when I opened the box and found a nicely typed letter instructing you on how to clean and prep the shell. He wrote the thing as if explaining to someone who has absolutely no experience in working with resin or fiberglass - which is perfect for me because I don't have any experience. It could not have been any more clear if he were standing here with me, going over it step by step.

I am very much looking forward to buying the other resin pieces John has expressed interest in offering so I can have as much | alkaline | on my pack as possible.
By JayStantz
|Alkaline| (John) Has been making shells that come out of the mold absolutely beautifully and professionally. He is moving down his "run" lists rapidly and communicating graciously with his customers, or his friends I should say, because that's how you feel when you work with him. His prices are notably low too, I believe he could have charged more. He has done a great service for the community and for a lot of aspiring new builders.

I wanted to give a special thanks to him for all he has done for us here in the community.

By BlkMesaHero
Damn, I never left feedback for my friend. I gotta fix this.

I got my shell from John back in mid December. He made a really great product. Spending a little time, sanding, and putty makes his work shine even more. John you rock the house.
By nolatron
Got my shell from John a about 2 weeks or ago. Great craftmanship in the shell. Just needs a little clean up and it'll be ready to rock.

Thanks!
By parksdesign
I appreciate you offering these to the community for such a reasonable price. I also appreciate all the hard work you put into these...I've got nothing but respect for you and the work you have done.

However, that being said... for the wait I had to endure, I'm not very happy with the shell I received. It seems to be warped all over. The ion arm won't even sit level in the top left corner, nor will the HGA in right corner. There are lots of dips in different parts of the shell.

The thing the bothers me the most though is the size of the cyclotron holes. I've been looking around at few other shell builds using your shell and non of them seem to have holes larger than the size they need to be.

I don't know what you could do to rectify this situation, but halfway into my build on with this shell, I can no longer bite my tongue and just pretend not to notice these things. I am pretty disappointed.
By | alkaline |
parksdesign wrote:I appreciate you offering these to the community for such a reasonable price. I also appreciate all the hard work you put into these...I've got nothing but respect for you and the work you have done.

However, that being said... for the wait I had to endure, I'm not very happy with the shell I received. It seems to be warped all over. The ion arm won't even sit level in the top left corner, nor will the HGA in right corner. There are lots of dips in different parts of the shell.

The thing the bothers me the most though is the size of the cyclotron holes. I've been looking around at few other shell builds using your shell and non of them seem to have holes larger than the size they need to be.

I don't know what you could do to rectify this situation, but halfway into my build on with this shell, I can no longer bite my tongue and just pretend not to notice these things. I am pretty disappointed.

Hi Brian,

Firstly thanks for the feedback. I will try to address some of your problems. As far as warping goes I would suggest making sure the entire bottom lip of the shell ( part that sits on the board) is as level and even as possible. I do have to cut all theses out by hand and while I try to maintain a straight cut, its not always the easiest thing to do. I recommend using sand paper and a sanding block and going around the shell sanding the high points. Every few spots or so put the shell on a flat surface to see how it sets. This should get it relatively close to a level sit.

Its possible that after the previous step some twist may still occur (due to the shell being fairly thin). At this point it is recommended to push down on the shell at the connection locations and drill your holes for mounting bolts. You can also use a clamp to get the shell as close to the board as possible and hold it in place while you drill.

As for as parts sitting level you may have to sand down uneven spots on the shell and the parts in order for them to sit correctly.

As far as Cyclotron hole size goes I can assure you all the holes on every shell Ive ever made have been the same size. I know this because I use exact hole size forstner bits on every shell to cut the holes. As for the hole sizes themselves, at the time I built my shell there was a thread showing a revision in the hole sizes as opposed to stefans plans. I used this thread as a reference for my cyclotron rings. I'm not sure if that has changed now, but I will look into it for my next shell.

I'm sorry you feel disappointed and I really wish you would of contacted me sooner and not waited till you were frustrated. While I cant really do anything on the shell you have now (molds are kicked), I can offer you some things in the future if that's cool. I always try to make good. Anyways thanks again.

- John
| alkaline |
By parksdesign
| alkaline | wrote:
parksdesign wrote:I appreciate you offering these to the community for such a reasonable price. I also appreciate all the hard work you put into these...I've got nothing but respect for you and the work you have done.

Hi Brian,

Firstly thanks for the feedback. I will try to address some of your problems. As far as warping goes I would suggest making sure the entire bottom lip of the shell ( part that sits on the board) is as level and even as possible. I do have to cut all theses out by hand and while I try to maintain a straight cut, its not always the easiest thing to do. I recommend using sand paper and a sanding block and going around the shell sanding the high points. Every few spots or so put the shell on a flat surface to see how it sets. This should get it relatively close to a level sit.

Its possible that after the previous step some twist may still occur (due to the shell being fairly thin). At this point it is recommended to push down on the shell at the connection locations and drill your holes for mounting bolts. You can also use a clamp to get the shell as close to the board as possible and hold it in place while you drill.

As for as parts sitting level you may have to sand down uneven spots on the shell and the parts in order for them to sit correctly.

As far as Cyclotron hole size goes I can assure you all the holes on every shell Ive ever made have been the same size. I know this because I use exact hole size forstner bits on every shell to cut the holes. As for the hole sizes themselves, at the time I built my shell there was a thread showing a revision in the hole sizes as opposed to stefans plans. I used this thread as a reference for my cyclotron rings. I'm not sure if that has changed now, but I will look into it for my next shell.

I'm sorry you feel disappointed and I really wish you would of contacted me sooner and not waited till you were frustrated. While I cant really do anything on the shell you have now (molds are kicked), I can offer you some things in the future if that's cool. I always try to make good. Anyways thanks again.

- John
| alkaline |

I wouldn't say frustrated... like I said, just disappointed. Some of these issues weren't immediately noticeable until after I sanded, primed and started drilling holes.

There's nothing wrong with how the shell sits on the Mobo. I've already sanded down the edges of it.

Now, Don't get me wrong, I expected some clean up on the shell.

There are just a few things that really stick out. The entire area where the booster tube and Ion arm goes is warped. It just sags in the middle. Same for where the the HGA goes. Now if this is how it is for most of the shells you've sold then I'll just accept it. It's just that I've seen a few of the original run (before they went to black) they looked like much higher quality.

If you say this is the size you've always drilled the holes, then I'll take your word. I didn't really notice it until I compared it to a reference photo and to a shell from Vince.

But there is definitely something off about my cyclotron holes. Maybe the rings are too small?

Anyway, thanks for responding.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]