Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By GBFans
This topic was created to leave feedback for KCGhostbuster (eBay: Erichunter).

Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relavent to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven't had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
By ArtsNFartsNCrafts
I'd give it a 6.5/10. There are a few areas where the dimensions are off pretty drastically. On mine, the area where the decal is supposed to go is actually too small to effectively fit the decal, which was a major disappoinent. This doesn't fit the sides of my alkaline shell very well, either...There's a pretty gnarly seam on this thing too, so be prepared to put in a decent amount of work if you want it flush..

The product is acceptable to me because I was in a jam with the whole mike Nelson fiasco, and I needed a bumper on short notice...and it shipped very quickly as well..but unless KC works out the kinks in the dimensions, though, I would go elsewhere, as $65 is a pretty penny to pay for something that isn't as accurate as its cheaper competing vendors...I guess these things are to be expected with preliminary first runs...Now that the Halloween season is coming to an end, I'd say wait for version 2 of this thing if it's going to remain a $65 piece...
By nick-a-tron
Got a bumper from Eric. It arrived in the UK quickly and very well packaged. My first thoughts were that it was a good solid cast, minmal seam line and the proportions look good on my funkzilla shell. A few small airbubbles to fill but thats expected with all resin parts. Thanks Eric for a nice item delivered quickly and safely :D
By GBGary
Got my bumper in the mail yesterday. Well packaged and looks great. He did a wonderful job and will use him again when I need another!
By Paul-Butt
Received my bumper today! I already knew about the seam ahead of time so no big deal. Bumper altogether looks good and with a little sanding, the seam was gone. Also, KC was very friendly and shipped the item quickly. Will buy from again no doubt. Thanks KC!
By ajbernard
Im sorry but couldnt find another listing for KC besides his bumper. I have not purchased a bumper yet but have purchased a crank knob and 2 gun knobs from him. Was very pleased with what I recieved. Good price good service and quick to ship!
By Ghostbuster J
Received my bumper very quickly. Turned out really nice, look forward to ordering from KCGhostbuster again. A++
By GAVAL
Got a couple of friends with bad backs who want something quick, cheap, and light in a pack (that's not inflatable).

If they're willing to sacrifice detail, vacuform pack shells come to mind. The one in our group only weighs about 15 pounds.

So this guy on ebay (erichunter) is selling either "defect pulls" or reasonbly in-tact pulls for a decent price, but after a couple of pages of browsing I see zero feedback on the guy. A search of his name turns up zilch as well. The pictures tell a pretty good story on the product, and I'll let my friends decide if they want to invest into something that far-removed from a good resin or fiberglass-casted shell. If they want light and cheap, this seems to be the best option that's available on short notice.

What I'm curious about is this guy's history and what other folks have had in results from his shells.

Anybody know who this is or a thing or two about his quality?

G
By ThrowingChicken
I think the quality shown in the photos speak for themselves... at least, I would hope they do, but with all the positive feedback on ebay I'd say his customers are suckers.

The best vacuform shell I have seen since Java's is the one D-42 offers, which is cheaper and comes with more parts than the shell on ebay - http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... ilit=shell
By EJLambert
ThrowingChicken wrote:I think the quality shown in the photos speak for themselves... at least, I would hope they do, but with all the positive feedback on ebay I'd say his customers are suckers
I'm sad to say that I've fallen prey to this. I ordered a booster frame, and here is what I got...

So, where would I go from here?
By EJLambert
Added: I am just going to have to take this as experience. I looked at his pics again and the frame looks just like the pics he posted. I won't be using this for my pack but if I make another "budget" pack down the road I might use it.
By EJLambert
ThrowingChicken wrote:Sanding the backs is one thing, but the sides and the inside parts all look fuzzy for some reason.
The pics don't show it very well, but the entire body is "fuzzy". This needs a lot of clean up to the point that it doesn't feel like it's worth it. The transaction went smoothly, but I would advise him to work on his craftsmanship.
By 93b18a
I bought every resin part I have and the shell from Eric, as he is local, didn't have to wait/pay for shipping, and his quality was on par with his price.. How many of you guys ACTUALLY built complete lighted packs and had the suits/ecto goggles for around $350 for finished products.. Hell some of you guys have that in just your shell lol!?!?!?! here's a couple pics of me and my pack
By gEkX
I purchased my shell and resin parts kit from KC Ghostbuster. Eric is a stand up guy and his prices are pretty hard to beat. As far as clean up and whatnot on resin pieces I kinda figured that was a part of the whole experience. Call me a sucker if you like but all-in-all I also spent almost $350 for my entire setup pack, thrower, lights, full uniform. Most people are spending that on just there shell. Yes this is a 100% screen accurate shell and they look beautiful but that being said heres my pack for comparison. Its my first and I'm very happy with it. Thanks Eric!
By EJLambert
I'm not saying he's a crook or dishonest, just that he needs to work on his craftsmanship. That's all.
By gEkX
Fair enough. Even he will tell you its a work in progress. I understan how vac forming works but doing it I'm sure is a whole other can of worms. Like I said Eric is a good guy. I'm sure he's open to a little constructive criticism any good proper should be. Maybe some pointers from the more knowledgeable ghostheads?
By NHVenkman
also reasonable prices? $80 for a bumper full of air bubbles doesn't seem reasonable.
By KCGhostbuster
Gaval-

I'm EricHunter on eBay. I've been a member of GBFans for 2-3 years.

Currently I'm offering both shells and bumpers in the For Sale forum (http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=22269 and http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=22366).

The build thread for the bumper can be found here http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=22199 and the build thread for the shells is here http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=21560.

On eBay I also offer other items including a resin Ion Arm with resistors (build thread http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=16161).

Prices for those who buy from me here at GBFans are discounted. Items listed in my eBay store are a little more expensive.

I'm not a professional prop builder. The first prop I ever made was a proton pack and everything I've tried since then, both vac-form and resin, has been an attempt to do things both better.

I think we've got some incredible builders here at GBFans. I'll concede that many of their products are nicer than mine, but I don't think its a competition. I do the best I can, I try to honestly represent what I make, and if anyone is dissatisfied with what they purchase from me I try and make it right.

To those who have bought from me, thank you very much for your business -I truly appreciate it. To those who have chimed in on my behalf (gEkX, 93b18a), thank you for your support.

thabooglio, I'm sorry you're unhappy with your purchase. Shoot me a PM and let's see what we can work out.

I've corresponded with a number of posters on this thread in the last few years and they all seem like stand-up guys. My opinion remains unchanged. Thanks to all for the constructive criticism.

-KCG (Eric)
By Vincenzo330
That is probably the most most well-spoken and level-headed response I've ever heard from anyone who's been under the microscope before.

I don't have any personal experience with your props but it's obvious that you're open-minded and willing enough to improve them. That speaks volumes about you, kudos to you sir. There are a great number of people who could afford to take a page from your book. If there's any way that I can help you improve on anything please don't hesitate to send me a pm.
By Phish4dinner
Vincenzo330 wrote:That is probably the most most well-spoken and level-headed response I've ever heard from anyone who's been under the microscope before.

I don't have any personal experience with your props but it's obvious that you're open-minded and willing enough to improve them. That speaks volumes about you, kudos to you sir. There are a great number of people who could afford to take a page from your book. If there's any way that I can help you improve on anything please don't hesitate to send me a pm.
Took the words right out of my mouth... same goes for me
By ProtonCharger
KCGhostbuster wrote:The first prop I ever made was a proton pack and everything I've tried since then, both vac-form and resin, has been an attempt to do things both better.
this is admirable enough for me. anyone that takes prop making seriously at all wants to do it better on the next one they build. the "good enough because it's cheap and i didnt make it" shrug crowd... it's just a costume to them. to me? prop making's been blood, sweat and frustration for 7 packs (among other props outside of the ghostbusters stuff), and 13 years of my life. "good enough" will never be an option, it's "what do i do better next time?"

i take it as you continue to make new parts, you are learning how to improve your castings also?
By GAVAL
Thanks Eric. Your info was very useful and I'll make sure and pass it word for word to the guys I came here to try and help get into their first packs. As I had mentioned earlier, they need something light but presentable, so a vacform shell is likely where they'll start for their first pack.

PC, I still don't get why you got all bent out of shape over my looking into shells for other folks starting thier gear list. I built my pack from scratch and nudge it into better and better shape every few months. To that regard, we see eye to eye. Why ever quit trying to improve? But that doens't mean I'm going to try to ram a heavy and highly articulate pack onto someone's work list who can't afford or doesn't have the skill to built it that well on their first build. Everyone has to start somewhere and everyone's first project differs in difficulty. THESE two guys want to start light and simple and go from there. I salute their willingness to put even an hour in the workshop to show their love of the GB Franchise.
By Crix
Crix wrote:Also, vac-packs generally aren't even that 'light', considering how much interior support is needed to safely mount parts onto the thin, wobbly shells.
Keep disregarding what I said on page 1. It won't make those packs any lighter or easier on people's backs.

If you want light, build the packs out of foamcore or cardboard.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]