Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By GBFans
This topic was created to leave feedback for Venky aka Neil Ward.

Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relavent to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven't had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
By MandoMan
I didn't see a feedback thread for Venky yet, so I making one. Sorry if I'm an idiot and missed it. :-P

I just got my bumper/grips set cast from the screen-used parts that Venky has offered. I can't say how awesome of a feeling it is to hold parts that have a direct link to the actual packs. They seem to be cast in a solid yet flexible material so the bumper can conform to pretty much any pack shell or scratchbuilt pack out there assuming they're built close to 1:1.

A big thanks to Venky for offering the chance to have these parts, I know they'll really add a sort of "magic" to my pack, knowing their origins.
By adsfuse
I also just got my bumpers, grips, and bellows. I have to say I fully agree with MandoMan, there is a certain special quality to these in knowing their origins. Also, I have to say the bellows was entirely worth the money. It's a thing of beauty and something I never thought I would have had. Thanks again Venky.
By noslliT
Received my items today. Probably the last time I opened a package this ravenously was when I got super Nintendo.
The grips, bumper, resin bellow and real deal are incredible.
I feel very fortunate that Neil decided to do this run and that he molded them with such care and quality.
These parts couldn't be in more capable hands.
By RedVirtue
I really dislike to leave anyone a negative feedback, but I have tried contacting Venky 4 nights ago via PM (which he read immediately) and I have yet to hear from him. Here is the entire PM I sent him.
RedVirtue wrote:Hey Venky,

Looks like I spoke too soon. One of the grips had a little bulge on it but I didn't think too much about it.

But when handling the grip tonight I noticed that that "bulge" would give to pressure.

It turned out one of the ends was entirely hollow and with a pinch it started to crack already. :(

On the upside the other grip is entirely solid and okay. Could you please replace this single grip for me soon?

What a bummer. Hope we can remedy this soon. I know mistakes happen and this is an inconvenience for both of us. I look forward to your response on the matter.
Like I said, I sent this to him 4 nights ago. Now I would understand the quality if these were cheap. But his bumper and grips resin set are $130 each, and a third of that set is hollow and brittle. I would expect a new grip sent to me or a refund for a third of the price I paid for the set. I think either of those options are fair.

Now I understand anyone can become "busy" and that's all fine and acceptable. We all have lives. But man if you have time to log on this site and read your messages you should have enough time to respond too. Weather it be a short message that takes a few seconds that says " So sorry to hear it man I'll send you another etc" or a longer message that would take a couple minutes tops. I'm just asking for communication and what I paid for. Nothing else.

Here's another picture of the end of the grip that is hollow and brittle:

It's a real shame because communication was A+ until I had a problem.
By RedVirtue
noslliT wrote:Red, I think he sent me your PM by mistake
Hey man I read your PM and I read the message that appears to be directed towards me. Wowzers that sure explains a lot. Thanks for letting me know! It's honestly a big relief if messages were just accidentially swapped... and explains a lot about the silence.

The message reads:
noslliT wrote:I was in correspondence with Neil over my resin bellow being a little wonky and he sent this response back to me

Hi Red,

Consider it done. I will send you a replacement probably sometime this week when I send out the first batch of bellows.

Thanks for letting me know about that and sorry this got past me.

Best,
Neil

I thought he was responding to me and maybe just got the names mixed up. Didn't really think much of it.

Best
Chris
Definitely sounds like he was talking to me. Maybe he was a little confused. Anywho, for now it looks like things will be taken care of. Thanks noslliT for the rapid response once you noticed this.
By NHVenkman
recieved my grips and bumper, Great product. Owning a bit of history is so worth the price.
By spark
Got my bumper, grips, and original bellow and resin bellow copy's from Venky. Everything was fantastic!

Thanks,
-Mark
By bigantkl
Received my resin bellows in the UK today. Very nicely made & very little work to do on it before I can prime & paint. :cool:
By Filandrius
I just got my bumper and grips combo from Neil, and I'm really satisfied. The cast look great, and they duplicate all the little flaws of the screen-used items very well. I'd like to thank Neil for manking such exclusive items available to the community, it's not every day that you can put stuff cast from the screen-used props on your own. :)
By BustingCO
Filandrius wrote:I just got my bumper and grips combo from Neil, and I'm really satisfied. The cast look great, and they duplicate all the little flaws of the screen-used items very well. I'd like to thank Neil for manking such exclusive items available to the community, it's not every day that you can put stuff cast from the screen-used props on your own. :)
I couldn't say it any better I am very happy with this purchase thanks

Sent from my USCC-US760 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By lannyjack
Very happy with my reject bumper. I hate to even call it a reject. Excited to put some TLC into it.
By julz
Been meaning to post some feedback for Venky for quite sometime

I recently was lucky enough to purchase some real bellows from Neil. Neil is a very stand up dependable guy who has always been very solid and professional as a seller. It's been such a treat to add screen used parts to my hero builds. So thank you Neil for providing them for us all :cool:
By Skully
Thanks for the chance to own the most accurate parts . . Got my booster frame from the shop earlier this week, really nice cast .my favorite part of my pack now. .
By GNRGB
I've been meaning to leave feedback for a few items

I bought a few of Venkys items from other members on here who happened to have them for sale seeing as I missed all of his runs

1, Venky Bumper- That thing is an absolute beauty I love the way it came out on my pack and its awesome to have a part of gb history
2, Venky Grips- Also amazing the casting came out great I threw those on my thrower right away I couldn't be more happy
3, Venky Booster Frame- For some reason this is probably my favorite piece I love that you can see all the details on the frame
4, Gozer Door Bundle- I just received this today and I was absolutely blown away Neil did a flawless paint job on everything I honestly could not be happier

Over all I have had nothing but great experiences with Venkys items and I will definitely be doing business with him again!
By lannyjack
The door arrived today, and its fantastic. I couldn't be happier! Venky's painting skills are top-notch. I also picked up grips and they are great.

Thank you!
By graythorn
Got my Gozer door on Thursday and it looks great! Thanks so much!
By CaptCyan
Received my Gozer Temple Doors, Dogs and Birds last Friday. They traveled from one coast to the other without so much as a scratch. Nice packaging there, Venky!

As someone who has done a bit of resin work, I can tell you that the castings and paint applications to the Temple Set are top notch, I just hope he finds some more pieces to add to the collection.
By thegreatgalling
I would like to offer 2000 Crunch Bars to Neil for his outstanding bumper, grips. bellows, and booster frame that are all sure to make my planned GB1 pack a gem. His items always arrive crisp and quickly and with great communication always. I absolutely recommend him as a seller and wouldn't hesitate to purchase a single offering. I always appreciate his kindness and top quality work.

Thanks Venky!!!!!!!!!!
By pchrisbosh1
I received a bumper from Neil not to long ago, he was a very nice guy to do business with and he shipped the package extremely quick. I remember the days when finding a decent bumper that remotely resembled what was used on screen was scarce and almost non existant it really makes you appreciate owning this amazing piece of history. Thanks Neil for making your parts available to the community I couldn't have my dream hero pack without them :cool: .
By gbmickey
Just got my door and figures from Neil;-) what can I say that you guys haven't seen already? Top knotch work, the casting is great, the painting is awesome... Neil did an A+ job on these. The stuff was carefully packaged and was shipped so fast. Plus Neil is a nice fella! If you guys are thinking about getting one of these you need to jump on the wagon right now. You won't regret it!
By JoeLuna33
Whatever Neil offers, just buy it. I am 100% happy with my recent purchase. Can't wait to get everything assembled :)
By Darthdono74
I second Joe -
Whatever Neil offers, just buy it.!!
Its worth the wait, and you wont be disappointed.
By 1985gbfan
Just got done doing a local pick up from Neil and I have to say not only is he one great guy but does amazing work. Just got my screen used bumper and it is even better in person. I think I have a new best friend. He is awesome and just like the others say, if he offers it,Buy IT! You rock sir.
By VforV
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
Ok
So I won't be as happy as all the previous members.

I am here to warn you about Neil Ward aka "Venky" regarding his activity.

Venky / Neil Ward is not only a member of gbfans, but also runs a website called "nawardconceptions.com" where you can contact him and purchase various stuff. I contacted him a couple of months ago for an 1:4 scale full body of the Alien Queen. At the beginning, everything was fine. Answering quickly and in a nice way.
In the same time, I was collecting info about him, his product and wanted to have feedback of previous buyers or partners, before spending my money for nothing.

On sideshowcollectors forum, there is a thread regarding Neil Ward and this Alien Queen kit. Amongst other things, someone posted in June or July 2012, that he purchased a kit from Neil Ward/ Venky on nawardconceptions.com. To have feedback and see if he is happy with the results, I contacted him, in private message.

Below, his answer :

A little worried, I tried and collect more info. So I get in touch with the owner of ModeleMagic (Kurt Kuhn) who used to work with Neil Ward and announced this Alien Queen Kit on his website. Plus, Modelemagic is still offering other products of Neil Ward / Venky on his website. So, as he is a professional apparently working on a regular basis with Neil Ward / Venky, I sent an email to him, to have more info about Neil Ward.

Big surprise, Kurt Kuhn answered me BUT added Neil Ward in copy to his answer. He said Neil was a top notch vendor/kit maker and so on. Since this moment, no answer anymore from Neil Ward / Venky. I tried to get in touch many times again with him, but nothing.

I then asked a friend of mine to get in touch with him via his website and try and purchase that 1:4 full body Alien Queen kit.
Big surprise, this time Neil Ward / Venky is alive again and is answering to my friend. His first mail is the same mail that he sent me couple of weeks before with detailed description of the kit, some links for the pics and so on. Only the name after the "Hello" changed.

So my friend kept going and asked him questions about it. He answered quite the same thing but changed the number of Queen kit available. For me, there were no questions of limitations or stock issue. I was garranteed to have my Queen as he would probably keep going and making it until February, just before another new alien related project...if I remember well.

But for my friend, only 3 left. And suddenly, only 2.

In his previous mails, Neil Ward / Venky explained that he would take him up to 4 weeks to make one kit. So my friend thought about something. If there is only 2 left, it just means that he sold one, but that he has now to produce it. As it takes him 4 weeks to make, he can't have done it in 2 days. So this kit is currently in production.

So my friend asked for WIP pictures of the current process. Saying that it would be interesting to see the process and would help to take a descision.
Since this email, no news and no answers again... until this morning.

Below, the first mail of this morning, with the name of the pics he joined to his answer (I put black to hide parts that doesn't matter and to hide the email of my friend for example):

Then the next exchange between my friend and Neil Ward / Venky. Please read in that order 1, 2 and then finally 3 and I highlighted in red what was important:

So to sum up, he is saying that the Alien Queen pics of the Queen, that he sent this morning to my friend, the ones with black resin, ARE pics he took recently while currently working on making the Alien Queen kit. A kit he is working on NOW.

We are in December 2012. Soon in 2013. Right?
Then, please Neil Ward / Venky, can you explain this to me???:

ALL THE BLACK RESIN PICS you sent this morning and that you mentionned to be recent and fresh pics taken from your CURRENT work in progress are... pics from May 2011 and April 2012.

I just don't understand your behavior.
Can you explain me why your are doing this???
Have you ever had this Alien Queen kit in your hands?

I just need answers. You know who I am I guess. You can contact me here in PM, reply to this post or use my email.
kevinj319 liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]