Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By ArtMonkeyWorld Dave
Heres another good extension to the original site that that pic came from. Comic book recourses is having people send shots in from the show all weekend.
http://live.comicbookresources.com/
Hit refresh every now and keep an eye our for GB stuff in the back ground or any of the local busters wandering in the shots. :cool:
By Shredder565
I wonder what they do with that promo poster at the end? :)...

Assuming my camera behaves itself, I am going to try and get HD footage of someone playing the game..and
the entire booth tomorrow. Anything I get is going to be up by 10PM tomorrow night..
By Shredder565

Video is being rendered now, but hopefully it gives you a close up HD look as if you where actually there :).

Chatted with one of the Ghostbuster guys to boot....but didn't get a chance for pictures..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Ibkkfhlaw

If someone can format that so it shows here, most appreciated. Give it 10-20 minutes to show up with the 'watch in HD link..

Any requests, I'm going back tomorrow.
Winston isn't being shown because his design hasn't been finalized and I think they mentioned the rights issues
also have to be finalized..
Last edited by Shredder565 on February 7th, 2009, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mburkit
AJ Quick wrote:How come no one has said anything about the Wii Demo?
Because we are graphics whores and want to play the ps3/xbox360 version! Honestly though, I think most people here are looking forward to the the IP that was developed by Terminal Reality. Nothing wrong with the Wii one, but it kind of seems like the Red Headed Step-child; yeah he's there, but most people are going to pay attention to the other siblings, because gingers don't have souls (South Park reference, gingers don't hurt me please).

Why doesn't anyone talk about the DS version? Doesn't that one have some Ecto-1 driving in it!? That's obviously the superior version of this game. /sarcasm
By mburkit
Well, to answer your earlier question, yes; that is the Wii version. I know there is a new developer's blog up on IGN that just talked about the Red Fly developed Wii version. There's also a video floating around showing game play and has one of the developers doing a voice over, talking about the game.

I know it has co-op game play, uses the Wii-Mote (obviously), has a different art direction, but features mainly the same story as the version that Terminal Reality is developing.

It would be interesting to know how the Wii version handles.
By AJ Quick
mburkit wrote:There's also a video floating around showing game play and has one of the developers doing a voice over, talking about the game.
Main page of the site!

We still don't know much about it / haven't seen too much about the Wii version.. and next to nothing about the DS version aside from a few screenshots.
By ArtMonkeyWorld Dave
This just got put up over at IGN's site. Its a review of the Wii demo , talks how the controls handle. Nothing we havent really heard, but nice to hear a fresh review. : )

http://wii.ign.com/articles/952/952461p1.html

and it has a sweet new pic : )

By ArtMonkeyWorld Dave
Ok this may be the neatest thing I have read yet. In this new walk through of the demo at the con, the reviewwer found out this peice of info :

"I'll leave you with this… Ghostbusters: The Video Game is looking incredible. It's the game for which we, as fans, have been waiting. Dan Aykroyd, who has been involved the whole way through, played an old version of the game and wasn't all that impressed. He played something close to the version we got at the con and simply couldn't put it down. Now that's an incredible sign. Keep looking forward to Ghostbusters, it looks that good."

The whole walkthrough/review of the new con demo along with the source of that quote is here :

http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=15779

:)
By RayGBuster
i agree with aj
the wii and ds versions are going to be just as fun. personally i love the co op mode for me and my girl.
we have fun with that more than the ps3 version. and who doesnt want ghostbusters on the go with the ds???
after all most of the job is street work not sitting in the hq :cool:
By Shredder565
Hey AJ, I tried to help you out with more HD footage of the Wii game. I managed to get about 1 minutes worth before I was told no video of the screen.

Although I did ask the same guy woh I assumed was with Atari, if there was going to be any publicity in the form of some kind of con panel or something for the game.. He says that it's possible something will be done in NY for release time, and they are talking with him to see what he's willing to do...

I dunno if that news is non news, but figured I'd pass it along. Also told him I was a member of GBFans.com, so I don't want to post the video I did get of the Wii just in case they don't like that :).
By mburkit
So who's the lucky guy that got posted on Kotaku's Cosplay post from the NYCC?

Just curious. He also looks like he got caught off guard with half of his stuff sitting there on the ground next to him.

P.S. - Nice watch.

Here's the actual article http://kotaku.com/5149221/the-cosplay-of-nycc-part-1

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]