Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Sorry if this has already been posted or asked, but does anyone know why they never included the scene where the GB's are asking Lenny to use the Statue of Liberty? If you watch the preview for the movie they show it in there and I remember a long time ago watching the movie on TV inwhich it had a preview of "coming up next on Ghostbusters II" it showed that scene. Plus does anyone have a copy of that scene too? I was watching the previews last night and got to thinking about that scenen thanks for the help!!
I wonder at that point in the movie, once they realize they should use Libby, they probably wanted to keep things moving. It's funny when they look at the license plate, the mayor's car is seen pulling up where the scene would go :lol: as well as the scene with the mayor coming up towards them in the end credits.

I'm curious, the scene with Kurt Fuller getting sucked into the slime wall, we've never seen any of that. Does anyone know if that part was actually shot? I imagine the scene might have since it's the end of the talk with the Mayor but I'm not sure on the effects. I think the earlier version of the movie had Hardemayer still with him up to that point so I think the scene in the office was shot later maybe? Originally the part where the sky goes dark was to be seen by Louis and his cousin Sherm, rather than the mayor.

So I wonder the way we see them suiting up leaving the mental institute, I think it was shot as them being "broken out" and not having the mayor's word to go ahead? They must have really liked the "Tenth level of Hell" dialogue to include it in the office scene.

It's funny watching some scenes originally intended to be something else :lol: Ectofiend might know more.
Its a shame that they didnt use the scene because of the fact theres always something good said between the GBs and Lenny haha but ya if anyone out there has the deleted scenes then lets seem them :D
Zack wrote:I'm curious, the scene with Kurt Fuller getting sucked into the slime wall, we've never seen any of that. Does anyone know if that part was actually shot?
*Yes, it was shot, and it was one of the many scenes I was privy to [like a handful of others within this community] during the particular showing of GBII I saw back in '89...

*Again, upon seeing GBII on VHS I was massively disappointed to not see it, and the other, what are now known as "lost/deleted scenes"...

*That said - You can see some of Ray's exchange with the mayor in one of the many Tv Spots...

*Cheers.
What exactly happens in the scene where Kurt Fuller is pulled into the wall? I've heard it mentioned before, but I don't really understand what's going on in the scene.
I also remember seeing many differences between seeing it in the theaters, the ealry tv showings and the VHS and dvd versions that all of us are used to seeing! I remember the scenes right after Dana goes into the museum was a lot longer! It actually showed the museum getting covered with slime from every where and it also had a ton of close ups of it too!

Many of the camera angles were different too and the had alternate versions of existing scenes!
Donkey8012 wrote:What exactly happens in the scene where Kurt Fuller is pulled into the wall? I've heard it mentioned before, but I don't really understand what's going on in the scene.
*Here it is in comic book form:

ImageImage

*The NOW "Real Ghostbusters" adaption left alot of the now "deleted scenes" intact, presumably as they were working from the earlier cut/draft...

*Cheers.
No, there's a is a scene at the very end where he is supposed to be really happy after getting slimed, like Janosz and Ray. It's not in the comic, but I think it's that version of the script. If it was in the movie, it would have made sense, but in his credit at the end where he's happy in the crowd, he doesn't appear to be slimed? :whatever: Maybe since it was cut, his credit was shot differently?

EXT. MUSEUM ENTRANCE - NIGHT (SAME TIME)

Hardemeyer staggers out of the museum covered in slime. He looks at the
celebrating crowd and his eyes fill with tears.

HARDEMEYER
(weepy)
Happy New Year, everybody!

He joins in on "Auld Lang Syne."

Now randomly, it just looks like he shows up, maybe gets drunk after losing his job.. :D

Because in the earlier script (and earlier cut of the film) he wasn't fired. That whole scene at City Hall originally never took place but was added in, getting rid of him, stealing one of Ray's best lines, robbing Louis of the victory of breaking the guys out of the mental hospital and so on... and also taking Venkman's about the Titanic and giving it to Cheech Marin.

I also bet the F/X shot showing the sky being blotted out was done before the scene change was made, because it's not anywhere near where the real City Hall is. It looks to bm like it's overlooking Central Park, making me think it's the "Park View" of "Park View Hospital".

The scene with Hardemeyer, was scheduled to appear in the comic, as well as Louis showing up at the museum and the ceremony on Liberty Island... it went as far as being drawn and inked but apparently never coloured or included in the final printing...

It's why Kurt Fuller had that scene at the end of the film. And it's how the plot of the film could've been better had they decided to not chop it out, along with a load of other bits and pieces.
Eh who cares about Levy. We still got Ben Stein.
Donkey8012 wrote:So it was suggested that this would've killed him? That seems a little dark for the movie.
Kingpin wrote:The scene with Hardemeyer, was scheduled to appear in the comic, as well as Louis showing up at the museum and the ceremony on Liberty Island... it went as far as being drawn and inked but apparently never coloured or included in the final printing...
*Here is one of those 4 pages Ben, and this should answer your question Donkey:

*Cheers.
I think I like the idea more that Louis does show up and help the guys rather than showing up late(how much of an impact he really has, we don't know, probably at least a little) The fact that he thinks he does it alone is hilarious. Though originally throughout the movie, he was shown to continuously screw up trying to get Slimer. I wonder how those scenes intact would have worked with the idea of him helping in the end. That's if that was added to give him something toward the end with all of his scenes mostly cut?

Was Louis firing at the museum a last minute change too? It would have been kind of depressing in the end I guess of the original cut to see him keep messing up and then mess up by being late in the end. I dunno how early an idea it was to have him there at the final battle. I imagine a lot of the post painting of the four guys was cut to hurry up get to the credits for pacing(The once it's over, it's over smart reasoning of Ivan Reitman)
I would love to see a treatment of GBII with those added scenes in there. not just out of curiosity but honestly I think it would make the movie a lot better
Out of all the deleted scenes, the one I would want to see the most is when Louis almost blasts Janine with the Proton Pack looking for slimer.
It would be cool to get to see all the deleted scenes. But if you look at it then the movie would have a different tone to it. I mean GB2 was more kid friendly than the original. Look at all the changed scenes, they would have made the movie darker for kids at least.

In the final cut of the movie they mayor gets them out cause New York needs them to save the day

But in the deleted scenes and stuff it shows the guys Break the law and escape from the institution to go save the day whether the mayor likes it or not.

The studio probably didn't want to show that to kids and to make the ghosbusters more of the regular old fashioned heroes.

Not saying though that ALL the deleted scenes would do that, just a good couple

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]