Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By JakeW
One of my favorite bands is the Two Man Gentlemen Band.
Its two guys playing a banjo and a string bass with kazoos.
They are super funny and awesome. Anyway, they cover the Ghostbusters theme.
I asked them if they recorded it, they said they have but havent been able to release it yet cause of the copywrite.
They told me it should be available soon.

Heres there site.
http://www.thetwogentlemen.com/
This was posted in todays Riverfront Times in St. Louis : )

Congrats to the animal-lovin' Ludo, which recently won the title of "Breakthrough Band (Best Newcomers to peta2)." peta2 is the youth arm of animal rights organization Peta. A press release we received says:

If you ever hear St. Louis-based vegan band members Tim Ferrell and Tim Convy explain why pigs deserve the same consideration as dogs, you'll know why peta2 welcomes Ludo with open arms.

Well, all right. Amusingly, the label Fueled by Ramen won "Most Animal-Friendly Record Label." Heh. Ludo is also in some contest via Spin magazine, wherein a bunch of bands act out scenes from their favorite movies. Proving that they aren't afraid of ghosts, either, here they are acting out a scene from Ghostbusters. Below find a live cover of the theme song.

video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCGHtWqALs
Hey man to each is own : ) I have been to 3 of their shows and they almost always preform the Ghostbusters theme for some reason. Its the lead singers favorite movie or something.So if nothing else, they are introducing the song and the franchise to a whole mess of people that may not have otherwise been.

And no matter what, absolute bottom line, they talked about Ghostbusters in todays RFT, so it stays alive a little longer
:) lol
By JackIvyGB
I like some of the vocal variations that McFly does, i.e, The way they sing "an invisible man sleeping in your bed", the second "who ya gonna call" in the first verse, the first "I ain't afraid of no ghost" in the chorus, I also love the organ sound (if that's a keyboard, organ, whatever it is) that they use. Especially during the chorus when it goes off to a higher octave seperately from the rest of the instruments. I also think they are the only band I've heard that makes the double time at the end of the song sound good. Never was fond of Attaboy Skip's version. McFly never loses energy during the song, and I think of all the popular covers out there now, they would be the best choice to provide an updated version of the song for GB3.

I do, however, love the drum breakdown during Ludo's performance, as well as how into it the band gets. They're ok in my book. I also like the drum breakdown during the second bridge (?).

One thing I've noticed however, when people play the song is that alot of times, the beginning of the song sounds great, but as soon as the lyrics start, the song dies. Well, maybe not dies, but it loses the energy and the drive. Not every band I've heard keeps the energy up, but when they do, it's very obvious. It sounds much better.

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]