Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By twmedford23
I just noticed this for the first time last night, but where are the traffic lights when the guys and Lady Liberty are making their way to the museum? They should've taken out at least a few before they got there.
Last edited by twmedford23 on February 14th, 2009, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dan AKA
Honestly I have no idea why the guys are walking down the street. They should have only had to walk through battery park to get to the Musem. It also brings up a host of questions that shouldn't be answered like... How did they get Lady Libery to climp out of the harbor?
By Ghostbuster1701
Come on guys these are some simple questions to answer.

1. The Statue of Liberty has the power to walk through traffic lights
2. There is a hidden stair case built in the Hudson river for just such an emergency
3. If you were driving the Statue of Liberty wouldn't you want to go pimpin' with it first?
4. The Statue of Liberty can hover for short periods of time

I hope that answers all your questions lol :walterpeck:
By Zack
She's tough! She's a harbor chiiiick!

I would say there's no evidence to say she couldn't do a lot of things or that they didn't take out traffic lights. Probably just not essential to see everything happen. Yes the movie reason and surely the easy way is not show it because it would cost money and the fact that she stays in the same position. I think if the vibrations wouldn't shake her to pieces, it would have been damn hilarious, thinking about her running down the street. :lol: Well maybe funny in a "good thing they didn't do that" way.

Somewhat on topic, I still love the sight from inside the museum, the slime uncovering the skylight and that head peeking in. "WHAT? NOOO! GO AWAY FROM HERE!"

That entrance was I thought one of the cool things about GB2. A lot of people hated the Statue of Liberty in the movie I know but I thought it was kinda elegant and symbolic, while being really funny. Only these guys would think to do something as ridiculous as moving a national monument down the streets. Let alone with an NES Advantage :D

Other than the whole "end of the world" setup on Venkman's show, when I was a little older I appreciated the other things that sort of tied in the slime and Libby. The beginning, Egon and Ray wondering if human emotions actually affect the physical environment, seeing the angry people on the street at the beginning, showing how a toaster could move and then later how we would see that same principle in effect. A lot of people knock GB2 for a lot of reasons that I can see but I think the writing was pretty good in those elements.
By twmedford23
It looks like she had to fall from that pedestal lol. She probably landed on her side and they simply rolled her from one height to the next until they got her in the water in what I suspect was the same manner in which Wilford Brimley rolled off his horse onto a smaller horse then onto a large dog, until he was close enough to the ground to roll off :lol:
By Krenzy
Maybe I'm wrong, but the pedestal looks different when they hijack her. I mean, it walks past a chain, which is not in the current/"new" design. Maybe I'm wrong?
By Dan AKA
Krenzy wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but the pedestal looks different when they hijack her. I mean, it walks past a chain, which is not in the current/"new" design. Maybe I'm wrong?
New York had to upgrade thier security after they found how easy it was for four guys in jumpsuits with super soakers to steal a national monument.
By thaghostbuster
ITS A MOVIE ITS NOT PERFECT MUST WE POINT OUT EVERY IMPERFECTION ? SERIOUSLY THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH OF THIS WAS A PROBLEM WHY THIS, WHY THAT, JUST ENJOY THE MOVIES AND CARTOON FELLAS !
By LordVego
Dan AKA wrote:
Krenzy wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but the pedestal looks different when they hijack her. I mean, it walks past a chain, which is not in the current/"new" design. Maybe I'm wrong?
New York had to upgrade thier security after they found how easy it was for four guys in jumpsuits with super soakers to steal a national monument.
holy lol

Also, I always wondered this: how deep is the Hudson there? I always figured the water level was too high on Libby
By Zack
funny you mention that, a bit from the shooting script

INT. OBSERVATION DECK - NIGHT (CONTINUOUS ACTION)

Winston looks out apprehensively.

WINSTON
How deep does it get? That water's cold and
I can't swim.

VENKMAN
It's okay. I have my Senior Lifesaving card.

SPENGLER
With a water temperature of forty degrees
we'd survive approximately fifteen minutes.
By Ryusui
thaghostbuster wrote:ITS A MOVIE ITS NOT PERFECT MUST WE POINT OUT EVERY IMPERFECTION ? SERIOUSLY THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH OF THIS WAS A PROBLEM WHY THIS, WHY THAT, JUST ENJOY THE MOVIES AND CARTOON FELLAS !
Time to switch to decaf.

Why can't people "enjoy" the conversation of dissection? Is it a crime against humanity? Up until you came in screaming at the top of your lungs, discussion here was fun and civil.

It seriously looks like she just takes a step off the high platform, doesn't it? My guess, the guys didn't realize how high they were and she fell flat on her face. =P
By thaghostbuster
Time to switch to decaf.

Why can't people "enjoy" the conversation of dissection? Is it a crime against humanity? Up until you came in screaming at the top of your lungs, discussion here was fun and civil.

Hey im not here to put anyone down, i just see so many things on the boards like that and i was curious why, its a resonable question. its very interesting conversation, just wondering why so many people point out every flaw. do be so defensive ! :eyeroll:
By Ryusui
My apologies.
However the "screaming" did make it seem more like an attack than a general question.
By thaghostbuster
its all good ! now to get to the meat of the question, when the lady liberty is walking through the streets wouldnty she weight too much and fall through the streets ? always wondered that, i mean those harbor chicks get pretty heavy !
By GhstbstrLMLIII
About the traffic lights. I think they were just pulled to the side of the street. When I was in NYC last thanksgiving, the misses and I went to the parade. I didn't think about it at the time, but afterwards, I street crew came in and started putting the traffic lights back into place. They pivot from a point on top of the stationary pole at the curb allowing them to swing from the middle of the interection to come back parallel to the street. (If that makes any sense without diagrams or pictures).

About Lady Liberty getting off her pedestal - never considered that one before. Guess I figured that with the NES advantage, they just used the "A" button to make her jump.
By Andystone316
A better question would be.. how did it get off the pedastal?
An even better question would be...

Venkman - "Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it?"

Zeddemore - "Wonder what?"

Venkman - "Whether she's naked under that toga. She's french, you know that."
By pferreira1983
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:About the traffic lights. I think they were just pulled to the side of the street. When I was in NYC last thanksgiving, the misses and I went to the parade. I didn't think about it at the time, but afterwards, I street crew came in and started putting the traffic lights back into place. They pivot from a point on top of the stationary pole at the curb allowing them to swing from the middle of the interection to come back parallel to the street. (If that makes any sense without diagrams or pictures).

About Lady Liberty getting off her pedestal - never considered that one before. Guess I figured that with the NES advantage, they just used the "A" button to make her jump.
It's obvious she side stepped around them, New York still needs them. :lol:
By Boomerjinks
Andystone316 wrote: An even better question would be...

Venkman - "Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it?"

Zeddemore - "Wonder what?"

Venkman - "Whether she's naked under that toga. She's french, you know that."
That's not a question.
By Andystone316
Boomerjinks wrote:That's not a question.
By Dreamstalker
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:They pivot from a point on top of the stationary pole at the curb allowing them to swing from the middle of the intersection to come back parallel to the street. (If that makes any sense without diagrams or pictures).
In the first shot of her walking down the street, you can see a traffic light and it does look like it's just swung out of the way.
By stayinpuft
I always thought that in the POV shots of it walking down the street, the crowds on either side of the street were WAY too close and the police cars/FBI cars parked in the street were practically in the way... The crowds/cars form an extremely narrow looking path that I wouldn't have thought the Statue of Liberty could fit down... Oh, that and the camera isn't high enough up for it to be a POV shot of the Ghostbusters... But more of the POV shot from the Statues shin...
By Spooky
Dan AKA wrote:Honestly I have no idea why the guys are walking down the street. They should have only had to walk through battery park to get to the Musem. It also brings up a host of questions that shouldn't be answered like... How did they get Lady Libery to climp out of the harbor?

They walked down the main streets as part of the two part plan was the get people riled up to break the negative hold the slime had over the museum that they couldn't blast through.
By stayinpuft
Spooky wrote:
Dan AKA wrote:Honestly I have no idea why the guys are walking down the street. They should have only had to walk through battery park to get to the Musem. It also brings up a host of questions that shouldn't be answered like... How did they get Lady Libery to climp out of the harbor?

They walked down the main streets as part of the two part plan was the get people riled up to break the negative hold the slime had over the museum that they couldn't blast through.
Maybe there was a big ramp they used to walk up the harbour? And I think that for the movie they tried to conceal the fact that the museum was right on the bottom tip of Manhattan... In the shot when they pull up to investigate the musuem during the day, they have a big transit bus and a school bus parked in the background so you can't see the other side... I never could figure out why they did that...

Now that I look at it, alot of the matte establishing shots of the museum with slime on it, they took alot of liberties with bowling green/the surrounding buildings... If you look in the background, they also took out a big sky scrapper just behind it, and they added a fake horizon of more sky scrapers in the distance (where the river would be)... So I think they didn't want people to know it was where the real Customs House is...

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]