Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Fritz
Well, based on speculation from script drafts (mentioning Egon graduating from MIT) and the GBI RGP, his primary degree was probably in physics.

Ray's a little trickier; his RPG Brains specialty was "Occult", so possibly something related to that. He's also the one who seems to actually build a lot of the stuff, so possibly engineering. For what it may or may not be worth to you, in the cartoon he's once introduced as a "noted parapsychologist with multiple degrees". ("The Devil To Pay")
By Borzou
Just because a person has a Ph.D. in one discipline, doesn't mean they cannot be involved in other disciplines...keep that in mind... :cool:
By LordVego
Crix wrote:
Boomerjinks wrote:Ray is the heart of the Ghostbusters.
This.

That being said, Ray probably doesn't have any sort of PhD in the occult at all - it was probably something he studied, but I don't think you can really get too far with that. According to the script, Pete introduced Ray and Egon, so there is probably some connection there. Assuming Egon has a doctorate in Physics or quantum physics, he also probably has one in engineering. This being said, Ray must have something in relation to that as he's also very smart, and helped in the design with the equipment, so quantum mechanics, or engineering, also, and probably psychology, or sociology, just as well, because of his interest in the occult.

/run on sentence
By joegianco
Either Ray or Egon, or both, should have degrees in Psychology and Parapsychology because didn't Peter rely on them to pass the classes.

I'm thinking Ray 'cause of when he ripped Venkman in jail saying, "You never studied."
By Spooky
Well they all worked for a university with funding from that department. You generally don't get funding like that unless you have the proper degree to study that field. I think its a safe bet they all have a degree is Psychology and/or Parapsychology.

As other have said about Egon and Ray having some sort of technical, engineering, chemistry background makes sense too.
By WesleyGarrard
well this struck my curiosity while watching Ghostbusters 2. From that i can infer that egon would have a degree in psychology based on the studies he was doing with the girl and the puppy and the married couple. but also have some sort of physics degree cause who else would have the knowledge to build a positron collider with the ability to be worn on one's back. i was just curious as those details were never blatantly mentioned in the movie like venkman's degrees
By Ron Daniels
It's also important to note that terminal degree =/= all prior degrees.

For instance, My Bachelors can be in Political Science, my Masters in Economics, and my PhD. in Public Policy.

It's highly conceivable that Ray or Egon had a BS in one field and then altered paths at some point along the education track line.
By rapidtransit
Metallurgy is probably in there too.Egon comments on the metal fatigue of the fire house and Venkman brings it up in the jail scene to Ray after Ray goes over the structural blueprints to Dana's building.
By LordVego
AJ Quick wrote:
Spooky wrote:Ok you don't need a degree in everything you have some knowledge about....
I'm pretty sure Egon had a degree in Epidiymusiology.
Ray probably has a degree in Mass Sponge Migration
By Quendor
Ron Daniels wrote:It's also important to note that terminal degree =/= all prior degrees.

For instance, My Bachelors can be in Political Science, my Masters in Economics, and my PhD. in Public Policy.

It's highly conceivable that Ray or Egon had a BS in one field and then altered paths at some point along the education track line.
Exactly. I imagine they all have the same Doctorates (Ph.D's being the catchall term for doctorates is inaccurate...it's a specific degree, a philosophy doctorate), given the department they worked in, but it's possible Ray might have a lower degree in mythology, given his extensive knowledge of that subject (though he could also just be a layman who's very interested by it all).
By FeinDTacticS
egon might be a MD also, he did throw epididymitis at peter in the bookstore also
By WesleyGarrard
FeinDTacticS wrote:egon might be a MD also, he did throw epididymitis at peter in the bookstore also

maybe but they taught me what an epipdidymus was in sex ed in the 5th grade so technically that would be common knowledge
By FeinDTacticS
WesleyGarrard wrote:
FeinDTacticS wrote:egon might be a MD also, he did throw epididymitis at peter in the bookstore also

maybe but they taught me what an epipdidymus was in sex ed in the 5th grade so technically that would be common knowledge

common knowlege that is taught in 5th grade usually dosent stick unless uses it all the time ..or unless you were REALLY interested in the epididymitis hehe... I actually wikipedia'ed the word after hearing Egon throw it in Peters face.. and I knew peter didnt know what it was because he just smirked with that "I didn't study" look on his face hahah

Sheesh, I cant even remember half of my high school math anymore and you remember stuff from Sex Ed in 5th grade?!
By LordVego
FeinDTacticS wrote:
WesleyGarrard wrote:

common knowlege that is taught in 5th grade usually dosent stick unless uses it all the time ..or unless you were REALLY interested in the epididymitis hehe... I actually wikipedia'ed the word after hearing Egon throw it in Peters face.. and I knew peter didnt know what it was because he just smirked with that "I didn't study" look on his face hahah

Sheesh, I cant even remember half of my high school math anymore and you remember stuff from Sex Ed in 5th grade?!
Certain things you just don't forget... and it generally is common health knowledge. Assuming he took any health classes at all (which he would have), and he had a really good memory, or was really smart (which he was), it's very possible he just knew that and used epididymus instead of dick, weiner, penis, or wang.
By WesleyGarrard
5th grade it a traumatizing time to to unload sexual education on a kid who just got back from playing Jurassic Park during recess, plus i have an astounding memory which enables me to never study or put forth any effort in school besides showing up (only for exam time) and still maintain a 3.0. as a side note the epididymus is actually a gland located at the side of the testicle which stores sperm not a man's tally, just to clear up any confusion
    The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]