Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By AlexSpengler
The ONLY reason Bill Murray was IN GHOSTBUSTERS was because of the unfortunate death of John Belushi who was ORIGINALLY cast as Peter Venkman. Sure Bill Murray is a great comedian, but he ISN"T the whole Ghostbusters. There is A TEAM THERE. Bill should be kissin' Dannys butt for even BEING in the Original GHOSTBUSTERS. And don't forget a lot of his lines were written by Dan and Harold. Out of the three main Ghostbusters, Ray and Egon are the MOST appealing. Venkman comes off as snobbish and underhanded and only joined The Ghostbusters for his own personal gain. His character didn't even believe in the paranormal until nearly the end of the movie when Dana got possessed. The only smart thing Venkman ever did was hook up with Ray and Egon otherwise he'd be a bum on the street.

I am so sick and tired of hearing people in the streets in NYC whenever my boyfriend and I go out in our uniforms and gear saying "Oh your Peter Venkman right?" HA! NO! Our favorite characters are Ray and Egon! The REAL Heart and Brains of the team. Sure Venkman was the mouth but that was technically IT! He really didn't give or do anything for that team. He didn't really know how to use any of the technical gear or hitting the foot pedal for the Ghost trap. And Also Bill complained the most about wearing the fully loaded Proton Pack. ALSO I didn't see him at the end of the first movie get completely covered from head to toe in Marshmallow like Ray, Egon, and Winston.

He ran for cover like a sissy school girl. He only had some marshmallow (or shaving cream whatever you wanna think that they used) in his hair and a little bit on his shoulder and possibly his arm but that was IT! Some hero that is! To be quiet honest, that movie could've done just as well or better without him.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate Bill Murray but he doesn't need a fan fare when anybody ever talks about Ghostbusters. By The Way, Have any of you Venkman fans ever NOTICED that AFTER GB 1 and 2 that Bill Murrays movies bombed in the box office? He should've been begging Dan and Harold for a GB 3 back in 1997. THAT would've been a smart move. Sure Bill was already an established movie star before Ghostbusters came along but when you think about it Ghostbusters really helped solidify him as a true actor.

Sure Meatballs his first movie was great and so was Stripes with Harold Ramis as well as What About Bob and Little Shop Of Horrors but after GhostBusters he became a primadonna, his ego became SUPER inflated and he chose crap roles which were very very bad and he is the main hold out holding GB3 from production. Also, do you notice how he'll only do good in movies when it's with his old castmates from SCTV or SNL? Interesting Huh?

Now I know a lot of you will probably flame me and say I'm crazy but to be honest I've thought this for a very VERY long time. Venkman is to be honest VERY over rated. The people who should be getting more than HALF the credit are Dan and Harold especially Dan who had the idea and without him Ghostbusters never would've happend.

So the next time you see Two Ghostbusters walking around Manhattan remember this It's: STANTZ AND SPENGLER. NOT Venkman.
Hey! It's a thread for Venkman fans! This is gonna be fun!
AlexSpengler wrote:The ONLY reason Bill Murray was IN GHOSTBUSTERS was because of the unfortunate death of John Belushi who was ORIGINALLY cast as Peter Venkman. Sure Bill Murray is a great comedian, but he ISN"T the whole Ghostbusters. There is A TEAM THERE. Bill should be kissin' Dannys butt for even BEING in the Original GHOSTBUSTERS. And don't forget a lot of his lines were written by Dan and Harold. Out of the three main Ghostbusters, Ray and Egon are the MOST appealing. Venkman comes off as snobbish and underhanded and only joined The Ghostbusters for his own personal gain. His character didn't even believe in the paranormal until nearly the end of the movie when Dana got possessed. The only smart thing Venkman ever did was hook up with Ray and Egon otherwise he'd be a bum on the street.
Wow, alright, but I think you're forgetting...
AlexSpengler wrote:I am so sick and tired of hearing people in the streets in NYC whenever my boyfriend and I go out in our uniforms and gear saying "Oh your Peter Venkman right?" HA! NO! Our favorite characters are Ray and Egon! The REAL Heart and Brains of the team. Sure Venkman was the mouth but that was technically IT! He really didn't give or do anything for that team. He didn't really know how to use any of the technical gear or hitting the foot pedal for the Ghost trap. And Also Bill complained the most about wearing the fully loaded Proton Pack. ALSO I didn't see him at the end of the first movie get completely covered from head to toe in Marshmallow like Ray, Egon, and Winston.
Bill Murray was allergic to...
AlexSpengler wrote:He ran for cover like a sissy school girl. He only had some marshmallow (or shaving cream whatever you wanna think that they used) in his hair and a little bit on his shoulder and possibly his arm but that was IT! Some hero that is! To be quiet honest, that movie could've done just as well or better without him.
O_O -dials- Hello, 911, I need help...
AlexSpengler wrote:Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate Bill Murray but he doesn't need a fan fare when anybody ever talks about Ghostbusters. By The Way, Have any of you Venkman fans ever NOTICED that AFTER GB 1 and 2 that Bill Murrays movies bombed in the box office? He should've been begging Dan and Harold for a GB 3 back in 1997. THAT would've been a smart move. Sure Bill was already an established movie star before Ghostbusters came along but when you think about it Ghostbusters really helped solidify him as a true actor.
Are you armed? Please... please don't hurt me... I have a family. Well, I hope to have one someday...
AlexSpengler wrote:Sure Meatballs his first movie was great and so was Stripes with Harold Ramis as well as What About Bob and Little Shop Of Horrors but after GhostBusters he became a primadonna, his ego became SUPER inflated and he chose crap roles which were very very bad and he is the main hold out holding GB3 from production. Also, do you notice how he'll only do good in movies when it's with his old castmates from SCTV or SNL? Interesting Huh?
HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!
AlexSpengler wrote:Now I know a lot of you will probably flame me and say I'm crazy but to be honest I've thought this for a very VERY long time. Venkman is to be honest VERY over rated. The people who should be getting more than HALF the credit are Dan and Harold especially Dan who had the idea and without him Ghostbusters never would've happend.
Crazy? What??? No... no, of course not, no... OH THANK GOD! Officers! That's the person you want!!
AlexSpengler wrote:So the next time you see Two Ghostbusters walking around Manhattan remember this It's: STANTZ AND SPENGLER. NOT Venkman.
-runs from thread screaming-
    Reboot Proton Pack build 2016

Hi Y'all! :) I am resurrecting this thread because[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]