Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By JimPhelps
Something I've been wondering. John Schneider (Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazzard) has several General Lee s in his garage at home. Does Dan collect the cars from the movies he's been in? I wonder, does he have 2 Bluesmobiles and an Ecto-1 in his car garage at home? Since in most of the movies Dan is in, he usually gets to drive whatever car they have. Just wondering you guys thoughts on this.

Dan did say in some of his interviews that he is a gearhead and likes collecting cars, so I wonder.
By slimer28
I thought I read somewhere that he indeed did have a Blues mobile since they made like more than ten of them for the first film.

As far as the Ecto 1 I know that he really tried to buy it but Sony wouldn't let him have it for some reason. Its been a while since I read about it so I don't remember the exact details.
By GB_Freak
He collects Harley Davidson's I know that for a fact, plus he has all his biker friends out in Kingston, ON.
By Shredder565
slimer28 wrote:I thought I read somewhere that he indeed did have a Blues mobile since they made like more than ten of them for the first film.

As far as the Ecto 1 I know that he really tried to buy it but Sony wouldn't let him have it for some reason. Its been a while since I read about it so I don't remember the exact details.
speaking of which, does anyone know why there is a rift between him and sony/columbia? I wonder if that's the only reason why a GB3 was never made?

I'm surprised Dan didn't try to buy the rights to Ghostbusters, or secure them himself when the first film was produced.
By river_of_slime
He asked to buy Ecto-1 in 1985, and 1988... Then tried to buy Ecto-1 and 1a in the late 90s... Each time they said no of course. Bare in mind back then the cars looked like shit, and just now Sony has restored Ecto-1 and it was the first time the car really got restored since 1959. Ecto-1a is still in the shop and hopefully I'll be getting pics soon.

One of the original Bluesmobiles is one of his HOB, but I forget which one.

Also before anybody ask the black car from GB1 was turn into a replica and not the Universal Orlando replica.
By Boomerjinks
Makes you wonder what price Sony would sell the cars for. What dollar amount would they be stupid to say no to.

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]