Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Mjollnir
Apparently he's producing an animated show thats based off a SCTV skit he created. Maybe you've heard of them... Bob & Doug?

Read here.
By namebrand
I am pretty certain that Moranis isn't involved in the production of this new animated series, I know he doesn't do any voice work on it.
By Wiggyof9
What gets me is that he did voice work for Brother Bear 2 in 2006 but couldn't do some voice work for the ghostbusters game?
By castewar
That's been covered - he essentially did the cartoons for Dave Thomas. Thomas wanted to do them (and indeed, he's the driving force behind the Bob and Doug show), and he can't do them without Rick, so Rick has said he did it for his friend. But he doesn't think Louis is Ghostbusters critical (and he could be right.)
By Fritz
castewar wrote:But he doesn't think Louis is Ghostbusters critical (and he could be right.)
He is. The Real Ghostbusters got along just fine without Louis Tully for four seasons,and in the last three they quickly ran out of things to do with him; he's barely in the last two. It's not a knock against Mr. Moranis, just an assessment of what's come before. Why so many people are up in arms about Louis not being in the video game is beyond me.
By Kingpin
Fritz wrote:Why so many people are up in arms about Louis not being in the video game is beyond me.
What's worse are those people who criticise him for it, and his decision to retire. It's his right, he doesn't owe a new appearance as Louis to anyone and the guy's wife bloody well passed away, part of his reasons for retiring were to be closer to his family.
By Zack
moranis.JPG
FOUR EYES!!!! I personally think he brought a lot to the comedy of the franchise, EXCLUDING RGB. True GB2 he wasn't really utilized in the capacity he wanted but still he has some laughable moments. It would have been cool if he was interested in doing the game to have maybe a pinch of Louis in there even if it was a very brief scene or bit with him but I totally respect his decision not to. As far as GB3, I don't know if the character of Louis Tully would age very well. As far as is he going to be that same hapless character at that age? :vinzclortho: I can see the guys because they're normal but would you want to see an OLD TULLY? haha I think he himself even said something along those lines.
By rodie
I've always thought it was a stretch to even bring him back for the second film. He was great in the first one (obviously) but like others have said the franchise certainly doesn't need him in order to do well.
By ted+annette
rodie wrote:I've always thought it was a stretch to even bring him back for the second film. He was great in the first one (obviously) but like others have said the franchise certainly doesn't need him in order to do well.
True but oh man could you imagine GB2 without him. What about the courtroom sequence, as contrived as it was having him as the GBs lawyer it was one of the funniest scenes in either film.

"Ladies and gentlemen of, of the audience" that line cracks me up every time. :lol:
By Wiggyof9
Louis as their lawyer and accountant was the perfect way to bring him back. Having him strap on a proton pack might have been a bit much, but I totally see Louis sticking around after the first film. His the kind of guy you can't really get away from.
By Zack
Sure he conveniently had a law degree(obtained at night school) but it seems to make sense and work because the guys are SOL violating a judicial restraining order with plenty of witnesses and evidence against them not to mention the damage they cause to the street/the blackout. No lawyer in their right mind would take that case not even Ron Daniels! Even with the Hammer as the judge, there is no way in hell they could have won the case. They're in an impossible to win situation with the only person they could get to help them and he's totally incompetent! =hilarious to me.

Though Dana came back for GB2 because of Venkman, it didn't seem odd to me to have Louis there. As far as he's like Slimer to an extent. Probably didn't need to be brought back for GB2 but he was a popular/notable character. "Because, i-it'll never happen again, it's an isolated incident, a one shot deal!!!"

I liked the scenes toward the end of the movie where he wants to help and be heroic. Taxes are so boring!!! The way he has no idea what's going on inside the museum and thinks he helps more than he did is great to me :D

Granted a little of Louis goes a long way and people are probably sour on his scenes with Janine doesn't help. It's probably been too long for him to be in GB3. I don't see how an older Louis Tully could be played haha and I guess neither does Rick but if there was some way they could have a cameo for him that would make sense and not be long. Who wouldn't wanna see him even briefly. It's RICK MORANIS! :vinzclortho:

It wouldn't bother me if he wasn't in GB3 and won't be in the game though. You're right it can be done without him but yes it made sense 20 years ago to have him back for GB2. :lol:
By Quendor
Zack wrote:No lawyer in their right mind would take that case not even Ron Daniels!
Why not? Ever see my "My Cousin Vinny"? Ron could totally win a case under impossible circumstances.
By The Joker
Zack wrote:Sure he conveniently had a law degree(obtained at night school) but it seems to make sense and work because the guys are SOL violating a judicial restraining order with plenty of witnesses and evidence against them not to mention the damage they cause to the street/the blackout. No lawyer in their right mind would take that case not even Ron Daniels! Even with the Hammer as the judge, there is no way in hell they could have won the case. They're in an impossible to win situation with the only person they could get to help them and he's totally incompetent! =hilarious to me.

Though Dana came back for GB2 because of Venkman, it didn't seem odd to me to have Louis there. As far as he's like Slimer to an extent. Probably didn't need to be brought back for GB2 but he was a popular/notable character. "Because, i-it'll never happen again, it's an isolated incident, a one shot deal!!!"

I liked the scenes toward the end of the movie where he wants to help and be heroic. Taxes are so boring!!! The way he has no idea what's going on inside the museum and thinks he helps more than he did is great to me :D

Granted a little of Louis goes a long way and people are probably sour on his scenes with Janine doesn't help. It's probably been too long for him to be in GB3. I don't see how an older Louis Tully could be played haha and I guess neither does Rick but if there was some way they could have a cameo for him that would make sense and not be long. Who wouldn't wanna see him even briefly. It's RICK MORANIS! :vinzclortho:

It wouldn't bother me if he wasn't in GB3 and won't be in the game though. You're right it can be done without him but yes it made sense 20 years ago to have him back for GB2. :lol:
I mostly agree, Zack. Louis was a very good character right up until he and Janine started getting close. Then his (and Janine's) character took a nosedive. And when I was younger I always liked him going out at the end of GB2 and having a go at helping the guys - because he was doing exactly what we all wanted to be doing at the time. :)

But I'm buggered if I can think of anything positive he contributed to the RGB episodes he was in. Can anyone else?

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo f[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]