Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By slimer28
I was just remembering how I used to go to my grandparents house and find all kinds of interesting things lying around and use them as Ghostbusting equipment. My grandfather was like the mexican Fred Sanford, he had tons of junk he collected and would keep it in his little workshop. I remember finding all kinds of obscure electronic devices from the 80's all the time and would make proton packs, traps, pke's ect. I wasn't fully satisfied with my toy pack and trap sll the time that's why I would resort to this because the stuff was actually real I would even go as far as making up new equipment.

This my be in the wrong thread but did anyone else used to do stuff like this as a kid?
By RedSpecial
i dismantled my parents brand new vacume to make a proton back when i was 7 , as you can probably guess they were less than amused :P .

Other than that i used to just try and make packs out of this i found around the house like washing up liquid bottles and old kitchen towel rolls.
By JackIvyGB
I was a big fan of constructing equipment out of lego...
I would always leave slots in the sides of the throwers I built, and then I made special "chips/disks" that I'd put in them that would perform some sort of added function (strengthening the beam, giving it a different effect, etc.). I was thinking video game style before it's time.
By venkmans_girl
I used to play Ghostbusters in my yard. I'd wear my kenner proton pack, carry my pke meter and trap and hunt for ghost. it's amazing what you can find as a kid and pretend its a ghost. on a few occasions i made a fort as my headquarters
By Krenzy
When I was 3 or 4, I built my own proton pack, which consisted of a grey canister, a Real Ghostbusters belt for the gun hose, and a lincoln log with a Glowworm on the end for the glowing tip. I kicked much ass. I have a picture, but I won't be posting it lol!
As a kid I wanted a slime blower so I looked all over the house and found the perfect thing. It was in my mom's night stand not sure what it was, but it was cylindrical and chrome too. It had some sort of vibration setting so I'd turn it on and pretend it was charging up power to bust some ghosts. Oh man, the times I had with that.
By nick-a-tron
when i was a kid any shoebox was a potential proton pack. I remember the day i cut up my new school backpack for the straps and stapled them onto the shoebox and made a thrower from plastic meccano type stuff. ah man wish i could see pictures of all the GB stuff i made as a kid :)

oh, and heres an odd one. when I ran out of slime for my RGB figures i had my mum make me green and pink pastry/dough instead! haha, i remebr my winston have a fine layer of crust from then on.
Last edited by nick-a-tron on May 14th, 2009, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zack
I think it was blue. Just one of those cheap helicopter toys they used to have. :D With the GB logo slapped on it. Firehouse I had before I had the RGB one, my dad made, you can also see the Ghost Buggy(FGB my dad made for me) The firehouse had beds in it and was pretty awesome from what I remember.
By Ozzman
From what I know the Kenner Corporation was based in or near Cleveland, Ohio....I think if you lived within at least pretty close to or in Ohio you were likely to find one. I know I was lucky to get one, last time I saw RGB toys in stores was up until 1995 or so.
I always remember makeing my home made slime bubble bath toothpaste,i would use lots of stuff from around the house,and end up with a red a** for wasteing all of the stuff,but it was worth it :blush:
By Ozzman
:lol: Cool, sorry about getting spanked though...interestingly enough my parents were somehow able to find me some Slimer toothpaste for my b-day in 1999. Stuff was terrible, I gotta check and see if I have the tube
Ozzman wrote::lol: Cool, sorry about getting spanked though...interestingly enough my parents were somehow able to find me some Slimer toothpaste for my b-day in 1999. Stuff was terrible, I gotta check and see if I have the tube
Well i had to make my own :( i never ever could get hold of the real stuff,but who knows one day i might just get my hands on some :cool:
By Ozzman
I don't know if it would be humanely safe for consumption nowadays since it was likely made in the late 1980s, the 2 colors are pink and purple
I asked my Grandpa to make me a wooden Neutrona wand and when he made it, I connected it to this black rope and I taped the rope to my old Backpack when I was in the kingergarden. I had it since I was 6...sometimes I still play with it. I have issues...with Ghostbusters
Last edited by GHOSTBUSTERS # 1FAN on June 4th, 2009, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]