Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Venkman33
I am new to GBFans, so I'm sure this topic has been raised in the past. Wouldn't this year be a great opportunity to release LEGO-Brand Ghostbusters products? I mean, if Indiana Jones can get his own set, I don't know why Ghostbusters can't. I'm sure it has to do with licensing and so forth, but I would imagine the fanbase, kids and collecting adults would buy them up in a second. I know I would. I have seen some very impressive custom ECTO-1s, but the Ghostbusters universe (movie-based or cartoon-based) is broad enough to have some excellent toys.

Does anybody know why LEGO hasn't approached Ghostbusters? Or maybe they did and I don't have the whole story.
By Venkman33
Hey thanks for the thread link!

The thread, however, seems to be discussing the prospects of a LEGO Ghostbusters game. I was referring to actual LEGOS, one day maybe shelved between Batman and Star Wars at Toys R Us.

A game would be awesome, but I think the actual LEGO blocks would need to come first. Someone mentioned Kubrik owning the rights to Ghostbuster toy-making. Did he mean Kenner? Kenner ran The Real Ghostbusters toy production, and Trendmasters ran the Extreme Ghostbusters toys.

It was probably my fault for posting this thread in the video game section of the forum. I posted here because GBTVG would be the reason for sparked interest in a LEGO conversation.
By AJ Quick
Venkman33 wrote:It was probably my fault for posting this thread in the video game section of the forum. I posted here because GBTVG would be the reason for sparked interest in a LEGO conversation.
Next time put it in the right category. Irregardless of how popular the forum is or relavent conversation. Since this isn't about the Ghostbusters Video Game it is moved.

I think there is zero chance of Ghostbusters Legos right now since there are GB Minimates. They are essentially the same.
By Venkman33
I'll have to disagree on the point of Minimates being the same as LEGOs.

With Minimates, there is no construction involved. I know that's not the point of MInimates, but that ultimately makes them very different from LEGOs. LEGOs were not about the little yellow man, but rather building all the various cars, buildings, and equipment packaged with the character. They were more fun and you definitely felt accomplished after putting it together. Minimates dazzle the adult collector, but I feel with LEGOs you could broaden the appeal of Ghostbusters. They may be small and have the same hook hands as LEGOs, but they are not essentially the same. They both have different goals; minimates appeal to detail and hardcore fans. LEGOs appeal to younger audiences with a taste to build.

If I had a choice, I'd rather build an Ecto-1 from a 400 piece LEGO set than buy a charcoaled Rick Moranis figurine, regardless of possible rarity. However, create a Dark Helmet figurine and I'll think about it. :vinzclortho:
By LordVego
AJ Quick wrote:
Venkman33 wrote:It was probably my fault for posting this thread in the video game section of the forum. I posted here because GBTVG would be the reason for sparked interest in a LEGO conversation.
Next time put it in the right category. Irregardless of how popular the forum is or relavent conversation. Since this isn't about the Ghostbusters Video Game it is moved.

I think there is zero chance of Ghostbusters Legos right now since there are GB Minimates. They are essentially the same.

irregardless...........?
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]