Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
While watching GB2 last night with friends, I noticed that Ray and Winston go into the apartment / birthday party with 2 proton packs, and then exit the apartment / birthday party with 2 totallly different proton packs. (This is scene 2 at the beginning of the movie, fyi.)

Anyways, you can tell they're different by the shoulder pads. Upon entering, they have the big extra padded versions that you see at the end of the movie. Upon exiting, they have the slimmer LC-1 shoulder pads consistent with the first movie.

Why I'm being a super nerd and telling you this, idk. I think it's because I thought it would be an interesting bit of trivia, but mostly, it would be nice to know why they DID switch packs for such a simple scene. The only thing I can think of is maybe they shot it on different days, or maybe even the first part when they go inside was RE-shot as a pick up scene before editing the final.
This happens at the end, too, when they're in front of the museum discussing they city's problem. If you're looking for it, it can become kind of annoying. I don't know why didn't just use the packs with the smaller straps for the entire shoot. This glaring error could have been avoided.
jettajeffro wrote:Well the inside scense were filmed in the LA 23 firehouse. Who knows how much time passed between the inside and outside scenes being filmed. They never thought there would be people like us who cared about how packs looked in every shot.
Only us nerds, huh? :lol:
The reason this might have happened is as follows.

You see them enter a building and then it cuts to the interior of the building. The interior shots could have been shot about 2 months or 2 months after the shots of them entering the building and it probably wasn't even in the same building they entered. Also as you said they probably didn't think strap types would be something that would be picked up on by audiences and you can't fault the continuity crew for thisbecause in all fairness it's taken 20 years for someone to notice this!
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]