Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By rodie
First of all I wasn't sure where to post this so if you feel there is a more appropriate place for it, please be my guest.

I've heard several tales of people who got to meet Aykroyd or Hudson but I was curious if anyone here ever met Ramis, Murray, or any of the cast for that matter. If you have please share your experience. Thanks!
I've met Ramis once. He came into the movie theater I work at in a suburb outside Chicago. I was covering the Box Office when he came, and when he walked up I was speechless. He told me he needed x amount of tickets for some kinds movie (he had a bunch of kids with him), and tried to pay for them. I told him, Mr. Ramis, I grew up watching Ghostbusters and Stripes, as far as I'm concerned, you can have as many tickets as you need sir, free of charge. Printed him off some free passes (I'm a manager), said enjoy the show. He smiled and thanked me.

...And that when I should have asked for his autograph, but I didn't. :cry:

The funny part is that after we closed, my GM asked me "what the hell are these 5 free passes you printed off for". I told him Egon came in, and I refused to let him pay. He looked pissed, and then he said, "What the Hell! Why didn't you tell me!"

Murray went to my high school, and they invited him to one of their fundraisers. So I made sure I was working it and brought a GB picture to try and get him to sign it, but he never showed. Gah.
By keoni
I met Ramis' attorney, does that count? lol. well, former attorney. She had him and Rodney Dangerfield as clients. She was at his wedding and everything, so she was pretty close to him and his family at one point. She said she hasnt had him for a client for a while (she decided to become a professor) but she still keeps in contact with him. How I found this out was she was staying at the hotel I work at, it was Halloween time and her husband said they were at the parade. I said I was in it dressed as a Ghostbuster and she was shocked. So I showed her my myspace with all the pics on it and thats when she told me that she used to have him, and Rodney, as clients. Her husband, who still keeps in contact with him too, said he was going to show Harold my myspace. Whether he ever did or not, I have no idea. But I like to think so.
keoni wrote:I met Ramis' attorney, does that count? lol. well, former attorney. She had him and Rodney Dangerfield as clients. She was at his wedding and everything, so she was pretty close to him and his family at one point. She said she hasnt had him for a client for a while (she decided to become a professor) but she still keeps in contact with him. How I found this out was she was staying at the hotel I work at, it was Halloween time and her husband said they were at the parade. I said I was in it dressed as a Ghostbuster and she was shocked. So I showed her my myspace with all the pics on it and thats when she told me that she used to have him, and Rodney, as clients. Her husband, who still keeps in contact with him too, said he was going to show Harold my myspace. Whether he ever did or not, I have no idea. But I like to think so.
That would be cool to think Harold saw your myspace :cool:
Bill lives like 2 miles away from me (maybe less?) I use to play basketball with one of his son's.... hes not really the most approcahable person on earth. Not saying hes a bad dude in ANY way, just saying, he usually gets swamped and isnt in the mood for the chaos or autographs.

Everytime I see him at the mall im so tempted to go back to my car and get my GB jumpsuit out and just "bump" into him. Please dont ask why I keep that in my trunk............
I passed by Harold Ramis coming out of Walgreens in the Chicago Old Town section this past October. Then i saw Brian Doyle Murray reading a paper on the steps of the Second City across the street. Turns out that they were doin a free alumni show that night. I didnt get to talk to them directly or anything like that, but i was lucky enough to get into the packed show. Funny stuff, and I was right next to Mr. Ramis when he came out into the audience to do a 'town hall' sketch.
GBStantz wrote:I've met Ramis once. He came into the movie theater I work at in a suburb outside Chicago. I was covering the Box Office when he came, and when he walked up I was speechless. He told me he needed x amount of tickets for some kinds movie (he had a bunch of kids with him), and tried to pay for them. I told him, Mr. Ramis, I grew up watching Ghostbusters and Stripes, as far as I'm concerned, you can have as many tickets as you need sir, free of charge. Printed him off some free passes (I'm a manager), said enjoy the show. He smiled and thanked me.

sure I was working it and brought a GB picture to try and get him to sign it, but he never showed. Gah.
Was he as cute in person as on the big screen?

Sara :)
By vORTEX
I am so jealous

My sisters friend just met BILL MURRAY 2 days ago at a Saint Paul Saints game, Bill just sat down right next to him to watch the game AND he got a picture with Bill. That is sooooooo AWESOME! :cool:
According to the local radio stations, Bill Murray stopped into town [Richmond City, VA] a few weeks back with the intention of just bar-hopping...

And that was the one night I wasn't hanging out in the city :sigh:

Cheers.
sexy sadie wrote:
GBStantz wrote:I've met Ramis once. He came into the movie theater I work at in a suburb outside Chicago. I was covering the Box Office when he came, and when he walked up I was speechless. He told me he needed x amount of tickets for some kinds movie (he had a bunch of kids with him), and tried to pay for them. I told him, Mr. Ramis, I grew up watching Ghostbusters and Stripes, as far as I'm concerned, you can have as many tickets as you need sir, free of charge. Printed him off some free passes (I'm a manager), said enjoy the show. He smiled and thanked me.

sure I was working it and brought a GB picture to try and get him to sign it, but he never showed. Gah.
Was he as cute in person as on the big screen?

Sara :)
He's slightly older now, but yes, lol.
By abaka
My brother met Bill Murray when he was staying over here for City Of Ember (Belfast). My brother is an Irish traditional musician and the hotel that Bill was staying in wanted to run a sort of "doo" for him which my brother was one of the musicians requested to play at.

After the music was played, my brother got the chance and talked to him and mentioned that I was building my own proton pack etc and that I was a huge fan. Apparently he said to my brother wish him good luck with that and then made a comment that alot of the fan made reproductions are really mpressive. After the initial Ghostbusters chat they just talked about music with Bill Murray taking an interest in my brothers work!!

Unfortunately my brother did not get an autograph for me, he always maintains that when he meets celebrities he can't ask them for autographs because he can't come across as a huge big geeky fan etc. This policy has really pissed me off because he's also met Colm Meaney (a fellow Irish man) and me being a huge Star Trek fan!

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]