Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By thaghostbuster
EVER WONDER HOW THEY GOT A PERMIT TO USE LIGHTS AND SIRENS IN THE CITY OF NYC, CONSIDERING THOSE ARE SUPPOSE TO JUST BE FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLES, (POLICE, FIRE, RESCUE), JUST WONDERING HOW A SMALL BUSINESS LIKE GHOSBUSTERS WOULD OBTAIN THAT. ANY IDEAS ?
By DaveFrehley
The same way they went about getting permits for the nuclear accelerators on their backs.

My guess is since they didn't care to get licensed to use those nuclear accelerators they probably didn't feel it was necessary to get permission to use the lights & sirens. That's just my theory, though. It could've been written that they obtained the permit to use the lights & sirens, and we just never saw it happen.

I suppose it's all left to the imagination... it's that kind of "fill in the blanks" stuff that the writers may not think is important to throw into the storyline.
By stayinpuft
IT'S A MOVIE, WHO CARES? (And I usually hate people that say that!)... Like in that reality, ghosts are real, marketing mascots come to life and people can fire proton streams from back packs... Maybe in that reality you can drive around with lights like that?
By Kingpin
thaghostbuster wrote:WOW why is the all caps such a big deal ? dont get all bent outta shape here people. :whatever:
It's internet etiquette, that's why people are making a issue out of it.

You don't need to post in full caps.
By LUDY
Back to the main issue here...

I'm sure they would be granted a permit for sirens and lights because the business they deal in (albeit a small business at the time) deals with investigations and exterminations that could very well escalate to "emergency" status. Some of those nasties have caused some pretty extensive damage, not to mention they just plain freak people out....could give ya a heart attack maybe. LOL!

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?