Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
What's the weirdest thing anyone has asked or said to you while you were in your gear walking around in public?

One time around Halloween, I was up at the mall walking around in my whole get up, suddenly I feel a little tug on my leg, I look down and there was this little boy, the cutest little guy ever, he must have been about 6 or 7, now I assume he must have ran away from his mom to come ask us this because his mom was running not too far behind him to catch him. First he asked me if I was a Ghostbuster, I told him yes, we were here to catch a ghost that was loose in the mall.His eyes lit up and got so big, then he gave us the biggest grin, a huge grin, then he was quiet for a second...his mom grabbed his arm and started to pull him away, I think she was freaked out by us a bit, That's when he yelled as he was getting dragged off pretty loud, " Hey Ghostbusters, can you shoot a hole in my mom!?" LOL priceless.
lol that's a good story. I've only taken my 'all' my gear to one halloween party (because I knew the place and knew I could stash it somewhere safe if things got hectic in there), and the only funny comment I got was from a guy who had a few drinks (obviously) and asked "who brings a leaf blower to a party?"
Not really something weird said. I was at con last year I was in my full uniform, and all of a sudden someone taps on my shoulder and says "Knock Knock", I turn to see a man in a full Jack Nicholson Joker costume. Now I've had people in costume ask for my picture lots of times, but this guy was in character, and he scared the crap out of me. The only good part was that his girlfriend asked for a picture with me. She was dressed as Harley Quinn, and she sure filled out that costume. :cool:
i was in a costume store looking for my gf a new costume( she was tired of doing gb, i still dont understand that)some 1 asked me if i was going to fly away. i said no ,
we're exterminators some1 saw a cockroach in the dressing room :walterpeck:
"Man who do you think you are trying to be funny, Bill Murray? You're not Bill Murray, and you need him or this means nothing. Bill Murray is everything. You need those actors, Dan Akyroyd, Bill Murray, the black guy, and uh...Egon. You need them. You're nothing without Bill Murray, do you ever do acid?"
I just love the various things people think the packs are called. You can't get mad at them and they weren't said in the movies alot but it can still be funny.

Atomic Pack
Slime Pack
Nuclear Gun
Rocket Pack
Power Pack
Ghost Gun
My personal favorite: Plasma Retarder

At least most of them are close.
eastern57 liked this
I took my two nieces trick-or-treating at our mall last Halloween. When I got out of my car (it was all Ecto'd up) and started getting my pack out of the trunk, I was approached by a woman who had been staring for a good five minutes.

"Is this real, or just for Halloween?"
Last edited by Donkey8012 on August 15th, 2019, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacklawyer liked this
I have a few for you. Before i go into the stories, I want to say this. I am a member of a rather large cosplay club in the DFW area, so we go out in costume a lot.

We were at one of our club member's b-day party at the mall. I was in full GB gear and everyone else was in other anime/game cosplay. After about 30 mins, the "Mall Cops" come upt to me and say; "Sir. We have had some people come up to us and say someone was wearing a bomb by the book store." I couldnt break character at this point, it was too priceless. All I could say way; "Sorry sir, but I only handle spooks, specters, and ghost. Might want to call a bomb squad or something." He got a good laugh and looked at my pack. He noticed all the warning labels and got on his walkie. "It's ok guys. There is no bomb, only the Ghostbusters." About 20 Minutes later all the mall cops came up to where i was at for a pic.

I was at a photoshot at the Fort Worth Water gardens around november last year. A group from a local christian collage came up to me and ask the following questions:
"Does it fly?"
"What kind of coffee does that thing make?"
"Is...is that...Are you wearing a leaf blower?"
I told them I was a ghostbuster, and it was my job to catch ghosts. This lead them to ask, "What about the holy ghost? Would you catch him?"
I just shruged and said, "If the pay was good."

At all-con here in dallas this year, someone asked if i was some kind of bad Bobba Fett.
Still dont get that one.
This last Halloween I wore my gear to my speech class, everyone in my class was loving it and my teacher walked in looked at me and asked "what are you some kind of cosmonaut?" I thought she was quoting the damn movie, so I said "no, I'm an exterminator. someone saw a cockroach on campus." and she said "OH! Okay." and left it there. The girl next to me shouted "no way! he's a Ghostbuster!"
One Halloween, after wearing the full pack/uniform around a while, I took the pack back out to the car and came back in just wearning the uniform and belt. A friend came up and said, "I think you should go back out and get the pack. Now you just look like the Orkan Man."
I go to a Walmart here in Hawaii and went to the back receiving side to show some of my friends there my proton pack...Ive talked about it a week before and they wanted to see me with my gear on...So on Halloween day i go to the back of the store in "receiving" to go and look for them...All of a sudden one of the "managers" comes right up to me and says...Oh, great...you're here...she points toward the back of the ware house....The broken cardboard bailer is the one to the right.....She thought i was there to fix her equipment...She wondered why everyone was laughing.
Goosebot wrote:i had a girl that looked like she was in her early twenties come straight up to me and my crew of 7 other busters at dragoncon and ask what we were while while poking at our no ghost patches...
Something very similar happened to me at a Halloween costume contest. An early-20's frat dude was checking out my getup and said, "That's a cool costume...but what are you?" His friends quickly chided him with "C'mon, man, Ghostbusters!"

A year later (2007) I was handing out candy at my college's annual "Trunk or Treat" event when a Japanese couple asked me if I was a robot. :walterpeck:
Not only is the question I get the most pretty dumb (yet standard) it's the way it's most often phrased.

"Do you really catch ghosteses?"

yeah, not ghosts....ghosteses.

This weekend I was at MonsterBash in ATL and beforehand I ate at the Waffle House in uniform, and the people inside wanted to know if the theme played automatically when I walked....WTF?

But my best story so far was this,

While in the Ecto-Mag at a McDonald's drive through, the lady at the window was asking if I really caught ghostseses. I told her yes, and that it was also our job to work with the Air Force (there's a base nearby) to keep any zombie outbreaks contained, explaining that they're experimenting with zombies as a fighting force.

Then I showed my copy of "The Zombie Survival Guide". After flipping through it she gave me my meal for free for "keeping her safe"

:sigh:
Bakermouse, Chris Brewin, Nesslyquick and 1 others liked this
Well when ever the AZ GB'S do our first Friday event in downtown Phoenix that's when you usually hear the best ones!

For starters one of the first questions we get asked is " where's the Black Guy"? Then I point to John aka JackIvy and say " right there"! then they usually say ok cool and just walk off.

One of the funnier ones was when someone asked me if I was wearing a flux capacitator!! Now that's bad on more than one level! I like it when hot girls come up to you and ask if ur gonna bust them but they mean it in a different way! =)
about 8 years ago, the very first halloween I had my gear collected, I actually had someone ask me, "You're the Rocketman, right?"

My reply, seeing he was drunk, "Rocketman? I'm a Ghostbuster, ya Dickhead!"
Zander Yurami wrote:""What kind of coffee does that thing make?"
:lol: And I thought my roommate's coffee was radioactive...

I haven't gotten any particularly weird comments, but someone in the building wanted to know if the trash room was haunted.
Dreamstalker wrote:
Zander Yurami wrote:""What kind of coffee does that thing make?"
:lol: And I thought my roommate's coffee was radioactive...

I haven't gotten any particularly weird comments, but someone in the building wanted to know if the trash room was haunted.

It seems he thought my Ion Arm was used to dispense coffee
Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? Fu[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]