Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Not "weird", but wanted to share... While eating out for dinner with the family (of course, I was still wearing my Ghostbusters uniform after a Con), one of the waitresses walked up to me and started talking to me about her son who was a huge Ghostbusters fan, collected all the toys and collectibles and stuff... she said her son "would have been 33" now... I decided not to ask any questions as to how he "would have been 33" and just sat there and listened to her... seeing how she smiled just recalling everything about her son was enough for me to remind myself why I love doing this...
needanID, Heroic35, portugueseGB and 3 others liked this
This last weekend while driving down in Hollywood with my Ecto,
Hollywood Blvd was very backed up with traffic making us easy pickings for photos and call outs.

One gentleman proceeded to yell "HEY" at us and then run out and press his face on the front passenger window still yelling hey and then shouted "There's one in this building here" I yelled back, "We're off duty"

The weirdest thing that happened, (A few times mind you), was the multuple tourists that ran out into slow moving traffic and proceeded to hump the rear end of the car for photos.

Don't understand this odd fascination by people who seem to need to do this on multiple Ectos out there but alas that's the current war stories.
Darthdono74 wrote:This last weekend while driving down in Hollywood with my Ecto,
Hollywood Blvd was very backed up with traffic making us easy pickings for photos and call outs.

One gentleman proceeded to yell "HEY" at us and then run out and press his face on the front passenger window still yelling hey and then shouted "There's one in this building here" I yelled back, "We're off duty"

The weirdest thing that happened, (A few times mind you), was the multuple tourists that ran out into slow moving traffic and proceeded to hump the rear end of the car for photos.

Don't understand this odd fascination by people who seem to need to do this on multiple Ectos out there but alas that's the current war stories.
I'd hump your car from today till tomorrow. In fact, I may already have...
Last October I went to a bar in full gear. The lady at a table thought I was a real Ghostbuster. At first, I thought she was just humoring me and I played along and gave her a knowing wink. "I heard they had some spirits here and decided to check them out."

Unfortunately, she didn't realize when I said spirits, I meant drinks. Still, she had a lovely singing voice.
Not really a gear story -

Was in Big Lots last week near the Halloween merchandise in my GB shirt and black and grey camo pants.
A little girl with her mother ran up to me and said "Mommy, it's go busters!"

I then asked her "Who ya' gonna call?"

She replied "Go busters!" and then ran back to her mom. She must have been no more than 5 or 6 years old.
Since my daily driver became an ECTO, I've heard a lot of interesting things. My favorite thus far has been the mom who told me that her son isn't afraid of monsters under his bed anymore because he sees my car driving around.

The other fun thing is when people ask me what's with the car when I'm out of jumpsuit, I simply say with a shrug, "it's a company car."

The baffled look of blurred reality is fun to see.
alphabeta001 liked this
Oh, I love the baffled looks... Our uniforms and equipment are just so authentic, that it goes beyond disbelief from the general public... It's a blast!
The weirdest thing anyone has ever said to me was "yes."
It was my girlfriend turned fiancee when I proposed to her in full gear. She was also in her gear, in front of the Tardis I built, next to my friends Dalek, while surrounded by Mandalorians.
Gotta say it kinda blew my mind.
alphabeta001, Kingpin, below_radar_00 and 4 others liked this
LandoSystem wrote:The weirdest thing anyone has ever said to me was "yes."
It was my girlfriend turned fiancee when I proposed to her in full gear. She was also in her gear, in front of the Tardis I built, next to my friends Dalek, while surrounded by Mandalorians.
Gotta say it kinda blew my mind.

And who says Lando isn't a system...?
These recent replies are great! Keep them coming all the way through the year. :D
As I sit here nursing blisters from these GOD AWFUL boots I bought for my Jedi costume, I had tge privilege to get assaulted by the cutest kid I've ever met at NYCC on Friday. I was talking to my friends when this kid hugs my legs (I almost toppled backwards on the kid). The mom runs over, pulls him off of me and says "Now you know better. Apologize to the space man."

I look at the kid. Kid looks at me. We look at the mom.

"Mom, he's a Ghostbuster!"

I shrug, smile, take a few pictures with him, let him hold my thrower (took him two tries to hold it right, but he got it by himself... hey, I was shocked, it's an odd layout if you think about it).

So, maybe not the STRANGEST thing I've heard, but definitely warmed my heart :D (apparently the dad is a huge Ghosthead like the kid and they watch the movies and the cartoon all the time... should have seen the kid light up when I told him there was a comic book now too)
"And now you catch ghost." The president of my company quoting Walter Peck after seeing me leaving work for a Halloween event last year in costume.
MrMartay wrote:The wierdest? Some guy came up to me and drunkenly said "The A-Team would kick your arse!"

LOL....this is too funny
gbchef wrote:I was at Disney this week and we did the Mickeys not so scary Halloween party..so of course I suited up. A ride attendant said "it's a full torso free floating cosplayer!" I have to say..I am glad to hear something original.
Now that's a good one. :P
A guy this past weekend told me and three of my teammates that he had a ghost in his basement.

We all laughed, thinking he was being funny, but he was serious. Not wanting to end up in a skin-suit we all walked away.
csullivan1980 wrote:A guy this past weekend told me and three of my teammates that he had a ghost in his basement.

We all laughed, thinking he was being funny, but he was serious. Not wanting to end up in a skin-suit we all walked away.

Happens a lot to me too.
Last month at a con with Hoot and Grimmy and a guy yells to us "Hey Ghostbusters! Whatcha gunna do?" No one had an answer.
Have also been asked by a waitress while sitting in a restaurant sans pack, "Where's your vacuum".
And the strangest of all of them, a woman this past weekend stopped my wife and I and complimented us saying how she liked we focused our costumes on both the new and old Star Wars.. I'm really hoping she just screwed up in her delivery of that compliment.
Riggs45 wrote:"Where's your vacuum".
Last weekend at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, they said "jetpack"...
pyhasanon wrote:
Riggs45 wrote:"Where's your vacuum".
Last weekend at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, they said "jetpack"...
That happened to our group in MA. Someone asked if we were getting ready to fly away. Haha!

Can there really be people out there who haven't seen or even heard of ghostbusters?!

I constantly get asked if my thrower really shoots. (I wish)
Not something said per se, but I had an interesting experience a few years ago in Victoria Station, London. I'm going down the escalator in full gear, Thrower in hand, and two armed officers of the Met Police were going up the other escalator with MP5s in hand. As we passed each other, I looked at them and nodded, and they looked at me and nodded back. That was fun :D
Smeghead liked this
Tonight was my first Halloween in full gear pack and all. I mostly got "I love your Ghostbusters outfit" comments and a couple "Who You Gonna Call?" shout outs, but the oddest question came from someone who complemented me on my uniform and followed it up with "So which one are you supposed to be, Peter Ray or Steven?" I've never encountered anyone who knew Ghostbusters but didn't know Egon's name before.
Smeghead liked this
Had a nice moment last night taking the kids (and my wife's grandkids) trick-or-treating.

(These pics were taken afterward, so they don't depict exactly the spontaneous moment I'm describing.)

At one house, there was a guy in a black tee and a clown/skull mask sitting in a chair giving out candy.

All the while, a second masked character would sloooooooowly walk from around the side of the house. Sort of a cross between a zombie and a mummy.

My 13yo was the last one in the candy line, and the only one wearing a GB outfit. I told him to draw his thrower. He dropped his candy bag and snatched it off the V-hook and fired at the mummy thing.

The guy in the costume didn't miss a beat. He immediately fell backward silently like a felled tree.

It was perfect. I wish I'd been filming.

Alex
alphabeta001, Smeghead liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]