Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I was at a halloween event In full gear. I was standing next to and chatting with a police officer when a family came up to us and the father asked his kids if the police officer was real or fake and the kids said he was fake. Then the father asked if I was a real or fake Ghostbuster, and the kids said "REAL!" So yes our gear is pretty convincing!
Smeghead liked this
Visited a friend in the hospital on halloween.....some guy looked at me and said, "smart...getting them at the source".
Smeghead, Matt Campbell, Heroic35 and 6 others liked this
ecto88mph wrote:Visited a friend in the hospital on halloween.....some guy looked at me and said, "smart...getting them at the source".
Bwa ha ha!!
Back in September at the Edmonton Expo aside from compliments about my uniform I got some of the usual shouts of "Who You Gonna Call?" either with or without the "Ghostbusters!!!" follow up, but there was one person that eyeballed me up and down and then with a dissatisfied look commented "Oh, you're one of them!" and proceeded to walk on.
We were at a free come book day event and had our Ecto parked on the sidewalk without a permit. The local parking enforcement rolled up, a 50 something man with a slow walk and grey hair, and started looking over the car. He ran the plates and asked who the owner was. After a brief conversation he started to walk off but stopped. Looks directly at us, pointed to our left and said "Wait a minute. Where do house stairs go?" We all look to the left and had no idea what he was talking about. Them it clicked that we had been had. He chuckled, took a selfie with the car, got in his buggy and drove off.
Heroic35, alphabeta001 liked this
I was doing a parade at a local theme park (Canobie for you new englanders) and one of the places spectral looking actress walked up, looked me up and down, shrieked, and ran.

It was awesome.

At a screening of the movie, a guy from the store next to the theatre wanted to me to investigate his store. Apparently something jingles his keys. I didn't find anything...
portugueseGB liked this
It's quite interesting that our uniforms are convincing enough for people to second guess themselves and wonder if Ghostbusters are a legit operation... ;)
I hear the "are those packs finally licensed?" often... which we usually follow by "Nope!"
portugueseGB liked this
syckotheklown wrote:I constantly get asked by adults and kids.... " whats that yellow tube for" lmao
you know while passing out candy on Halloween a mother pointed to my leg hose and said " is that so u when u pee your pants?"

it was surprising to me that see knew that
My new thing this year was while working a haunted tour attraction called The Field of Screams, I kept being asked by people why I didn't "bust" the ghosts and monsters in the attraction. I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "The pay here isn't that great...."

It seemed to fit Peter Venkman's moniker and people really enjoyed it.
I wore my gear to work as well on Halloween... I work at a Naval training facility where I can't even bring my cellphone in the building... most people there are older people, so are well aware of what the Ghostbusters are and can quote the movie fairly well, but their biggest question was "How on Earth did you get that through security...?!?"
Smeghead, vgirl, Spengler02 and 3 others liked this
^ I bet they've never seen Ghostbusters OR Back To The Future. They've probably just heard of the flux capacitor, and figured that the pack is it . C'mon, one busts ghosts, the other takes you anywhere in time you desire. "Yeah. Big difference."
Considering I'm Janine, I usually don't get many weird remarks. But one time, I went to the mall with a group of Ghostbusters for opening night of the 30th anniversary screenings, and someone said "Oh, hey, it's the Ghostbusters! And they've got the...the woman one!" The woman one? Really? (I wasn't even in a uniform or anything, which was the weirdest part)

And then after the movie was over, we were getting out of our seats and this guy was like "OMG THEY'VE GOT ANNIE POTTS! NO WAY!" Okay, props for remembering the actress' name (still better than "the woman one" though) but we literally just watched the movie and you've already forgotten her character's name?

And once at a con, a guy said to me, "I've never seen anyone cosplay as the Ghostbusters intern before!" I said I was the secretary; the intern is the Rookie from the video game.
I hope i's not a problem that my story isn't about me being in gear, but here goes: My binder for school has pictures of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and the No-Ghost Logo taped to the side and one kid asks, "What are those???" to which another kid replies, "Those are marshmallow men." (to me) "You must really hate marshmallows, huh?" the nosey substitute we had that day in first period was listening to us and said "That's the marshmallow man and that's his minion." :sigh:
My favorite came from a mall security guard as we were gearing up in the parking lot. His exact quote was, "We got a report about suspicious characters. Can I get a picture with you guys??" It's amazing, but the most positive reactions to my gear have come from law enforcement. Cops love the Ghostbusters!
We attended the NJ Gay Pride Festival last year, and were very popular. A common remark to my PKE meter was, "What's that? Your gaydar?" Of course I responded with "Yep. I had to turn it off. It's about to overload." I think we were more loved there than at comic con. Good times.
Kingpin liked this
Pseudolus03 wrote:We attended the NJ Gay Pride Festival last year, and were very popular. A common remark to my PKE meter was, "What's that? Your gaydar?" Of course I responded with "Yep. I had to turn it off. It's about to overload." I think we were more loved there than at comic con. Good times.
I was starting to make my way home from an evening screening of Ghostbusters at a cinema in London (just a stone's throw from SOHO, one of London's main gay nightspots), as I was stepping away from the cinema I crossed pass with three other gay blokes who were on their way to a night out, who proceeded to compliment me on the costume (I only had a replica of the Ghost Sniffer, no Proton Pack at the time) and ask about why I was wearing it. :)
Here's a new one...just did a Memorial Day parade. At the end, a newspaper photographer was shooting us, and started to criticize all of the inaccuracies of our "Borg costumes".
"you don't have the eyepiece, you shouldn't have a beard, you need to wear darker colors..." On and on. Finally, I politely said, "We're the Ghostbusters."
"...Oh...Oh! Ghostbusters! Yeah! Oh, you look great!"
...Really, Dude?
Smeghead, Matt Campbell liked this
How do you confuse Borg with ghostbusters?! Woooow, how old was this reporter?
Smeghead, Matt Campbell liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]