Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
There's so many great stories in here!
I did a Trunk or Treat event in full gear except for the pack and got the usual "Who ya gonna call" from everyone. Then afterwards went into a grocery store, with just the suit and belt w/ empty holsters, and the check out clerk asks me "Oh, what are you?? A Pilot?" I chuckled and pointed to the arm patch and it took her a few moments but then she got it and we had a couple laughs. I did say how it is a flight suit, so I guess its an easy mistake.....
PssdffJay wrote:
portugueseGB wrote:
Some of these stories should be turned into comic strips.
Seconded! Who can draw?!
We should assemble a "Best Of" list from this thread's stories, attach photos (you'd need a photo of the GB in gear involved in the incident).... it'd be easy to draw from those!
lunchbox739 wrote:Today at the Macon Cherry Blossom Parade my girlfriend was marching with her usual stuffed slimer. A lady on the sidewalk says to her very young child (maybe 3 or 4 years old)...

"Look honey, its a ghost......like your daddy."

We were both a little mortified.....
The only way that could be more awkward is if you pulled out your trap and said "Want to see him again?"

Yes, I know I'm going to Hell. I'm okay with that. :angryvigo:

Seriously though, hopefully the father is an actor playing a ghost or something and not actually dead or that woman is really sick.
Smeghead, Matt Campbell, Vee and 4 others liked this
Was driving to Megacon and I had my pack safely strapped on the passenger seat. Stuck in nasty traffic.
Guy pulls up and asks: "Hey, is that a robot?"
I reply: Nah, its a Proton Pack.
Guy: "Oh, you fly with it, right?"
Me: Ghostbusters...
Guy: "Oh, cool! Where's the rest of ya'll?"
Me: Waiting at the convention center.
Guy: "Cool, don't cross the beams!"
I was also at Megacon this past weekend... if I'd post every moment in this one weekend I'd fill another 3 pages... but mostly it was Q&A stuff such as "where's your glasses??" "Egon didn't have long hair did he?" "you should find the other 2 guys and get a picture!" "You Look nothing like any of them from the movie!" "Hey ain't What's his name dead now??" "Hey did you hear they're making another movie?" "Isn't Eddie Murphy gonna be in the next one??" "What's Bill Murry like??"

Sometimes you wish you had a aluminum thrower and play wackamole...
While doing the annual St. Patrick's Day parade here in Rochester (NY) a week ago Saturday (on the 15th), a pretty cute drunken 20-something chick (walking by the staging area with about 7-8 other equally cute girls) stops, squeees, starts rattling off excitedly "Ghostbusters!!! Ohmigod!!!" , and then... the best part, she asks us, completely serious: "Can I touch your hose??"

Priceless.
EvilToastyBagel liked this
Not a 'gear' story, and not said to me directly, only in my earshot, but I wanted to share this before I forget...

Visited the firehouse in NYC for the first (and second) time today, once during the day when the door was up, and then a second time around midnight when the door was down.

We had a full day-- Statue of Liberty, GB2 Museum, NY Public Library, just to name the big ones-- but as a result, both my camera batteries were completely depleted, with the backup dying on the very last photo I wanted at the Firehouse.

Right as my buddy Adam and I were walking away to find the subway, a quartet of New York girls passed the door of the Firehouse. One commented it was from Ghostbusters, and the loud one yells "NO F***ING WAY!" They started posing for pics with their smartphones, and I could hear her shouting "I ain't fraid of no ghost!" and "Who ya gonna call?" and other lines as we continued down the block.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:Not a 'gear' story, and not said to me directly, only in my earshot, but I wanted to share this before I forget...

Visited the firehouse in NYC for the first (and second) time today, once during the day when the door was up, and then a second time around midnight when the door was down.

We had a full day-- Statue of Liberty, GB2 Museum, NY Public Library, just to name the big ones-- but as a result, both my camera batteries were completely depleted, with the backup dying on the very last photo I wanted at the Firehouse.

Right as my buddy Adam and I were walking away to find the subway, a quartet of New York girls passed the door of the Firehouse. One commented it was from Ghostbusters, and the loud one yells "NO F***ING WAY!" They started posing for pics with their smartphones, and I could hear her shouting "I ain't fraid of no ghost!" and "Who ya gonna call?" and other lines as we continued down the block.

Alex
This is macabre but, I was your 666th +Karma, on this post! :angryvigo:
EJLambert liked this
Sometimes you are caught off guard and can't think of something witty to say.

"Wow! That's a cool costume!"

"Thanks, man!"

"Does it really work?"

"Well...it's a prop."

"That's stupid." *wanders off*
After a recent Con the family and I went to eat at Red Lobster (I was still in my flight suit, but no other gear). I didn't get the odd stares and remarks I was banking on getting, Instead an elderly lady walked up to me and said "honey, I sure hope they don't send you to Syria. " I guess the flight suit and high and tight hair cut threw her off. Lol.
Parflagush wrote:Sometimes you are caught off guard and can't think of something witty to say.

"Wow! That's a cool costume!"

"Thanks, man!"

"Does it really work?"

"Well...it's a prop."

"That's stupid." *wanders off*
This actually happens quite a lot; people are generally disappointed that we don't actually catch ghosts.
Halloween night while my girlfriend's daughter is trick or treating at this old lady's house, the woman looks up (she's gotta be AT LEAST eighty) and says to me, "You've got a baby on your back!"

I blink a few times and say, "Actually it's an unlicensed nuclear accelerator."

"Oh that's nice dear. Take care of that baby." Then she walked back in the house.
A couple of weeks ago some friends and I went to see a 30th anniversary screening of Ghostbusters in downtown Kansas City (Alamo Draft House). I went overboard and dressed the part -everything except the pack (not theater friendly).

Prior to the show we went to a bar and grill for dinner. A couple of families with kids were very excited when they saw me and asked if I'd take a few pictures with them (certainly!).

After the picture-taking was done, one of the Mom's asked me if I'd "just gotten off work?"

I have no idea what she was asking me, but I said "yes".
This thread made me realize something......Where the heck were you other Rochester, NY GB's back in the 90's?
I gave out tons of candy this year in my non geared up uniform.
Out of all the kids I gave candy to, I had one that asked, "Are you a janitor?"
The kid next to him goes,"No, she's a Ghostbuster."
I turned sideways to show him my patch.
Another kid was like, "Hey, it's a Ghostbuster!"
One guy brought his kid to the sidewalk, where I stationed myself, and told his son,"Look, there's a Ghostbuster." Followed by "I liked the movie."
After I told him it was my favorite movie, he said that his son hasn't seen it yet but he will. I wish that kid a happy childhood.
alphabeta001 liked this
KCGhostbuster wrote:I went overboard and dressed the part -everything except the pack (not theater friendly).
You must have a crowded theater... me and my VA buddies went to our local theater in full gear and packs with no problem... they even let us park our Ecto next to the box office...
alphabeta001 liked this
Was in McDonald's recently with Dan AKA and Hijacker (in uniform, of course), and a family walked up to us and asked if we were really Ghostbusters, and if ghosts really existed... I guess our uniforms really are that convincing, huh?
Dan AKA, halliwax, vgirl liked this

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]