Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By NR1
For those of you that have a blu-ray player and are eager to snatch up Ghostbusters real cheap on release day, look no further!

Amazon currently lists the blu-ray for $19.99; however, if you enter these two promotional codes at check out, you will get the movie for $9.99.

sonypic5
ghostblu

Each code takes off $5 for a total of $10. I live in Texas, so I don't have to pay sales tax and with my Amazon Prime I pay no shipping costs!

This promotion has become so popular over at Amazon that Ghostbusters has shot up to #1 on the Blu-ray sales charts and #2 on the Movies &TV chart being only outpaced by Gran Torino on DVD.
By Ectoman_913
NR1 wrote:For those of you that have a blu-ray player and are eager to snatch up Ghostbusters real cheap on release day, look no further!

Amazon currently lists the blu-ray for $19.99; however, if you enter these two promotional codes at check out, you will get the movie for $9.99.

sonypic5
ghostblu

Each code takes off $5 for a total of $10. I live in Texas, so I don't have to pay sales tax and with my Amazon Prime I pay no shipping costs!

This promotion has become so popular over at Amazon that Ghostbusters has shot up to #1 on the Blu-ray sales charts and #2 on the Movies &TV chart being only outpaced by Gran Torino on DVD.
Hey awesome! Thanks :cool:

I got mine
By NR1
noslliT wrote:hmm it doesnt seem to take both codes. anyone else having this problem?
It appears that Amazon finally wised up and "fixed" this loophole.

Sorry for everyone that missed out. Though you can no longer use both codes, you can still use on of the codes and get it for $14.99.
By aburns84
The double coupon was stopped. However, if you preorder with both codes (only one will stick) then you can contact their support. Over at a high def. forum, people are e-mailing amazon about how this code worked for other people and they got it for $9.99. Just complain that both codes were supposed to work and that you are a valid customer and this is not acceptable. I am doing it right now. I heard it worked for at least two people by complaining. Amazon kind of has a unspoken protocol where if you are really dissatisfied that they can give you a $5 refund/credit to the order. That is probably what they will do. I did the same thing multiple times for coupon codes that stop working or free movie ticket offers that are offered hours after my product ships.
By aburns84
You can still get it for $9.99. That e-mail I mentioned in the above comment worked. They lowered the price of the movie in my order to $14.99 and let me keep the $5 coupon making it be $9.99. If you tried both coupons and only got $14.99 then it is worth a shot. They let me do it. I kind of feel guilty since GB is in my favorite movie and I am only paying $9.99, but hell, times are tough.
By Doctor Venkman
Well, I gave it a shot. Ordered it for $14.99, and then e-mailed customer service to see if they will apply the other $5 coupon for me. If not, no big deal, its still cheaper than I would pay at Best Buy or anything like that, but here's hoping they give me the extra $5 off.
By Doctor Venkman
Thanks for pointing this out aburns84...

I attempted it, and just received an e-mail saying they apologize for any misunderstanding and that normally only one coupon can be used at a time, but they've waived it as an exception and lowered my price to $9.99 + shipping. Thanks again!
By Ray Stanz GB
dsl135 wrote:Thanks for pointing this out aburns84...

I attempted it, and just received an e-mail saying they apologize for any misunderstanding and that normally only one coupon can be used at a time, but they've waived it as an exception and lowered my price to $9.99 + shipping. Thanks again!
and now they have fixed the problem... :walterpeck: oh well
By Doctor Venkman
Ray Stanz GB wrote:

and now they have fixed the problem... :walterpeck: oh well
The problem had been fixed. I was only allowed to enter one coupon code for the purchase, but immediately after the purchase I e-mailed Customer Service and they adjusted the price on my order after the fact.
By aburns84

No problem. I saw it was happening on another forum and forwarded it on. Since it is a valid reason, we "should" not have to fight too hard to get Amazon to match the deal. We just have to complain.

At the moment, I am trying to get Amazon to match gamestop on their video game. Does not hurt to ask. Amazon has the game for $54 and overnight for $10. Gamestop would cost me $64.50 (no freebies except for movie cash if you order now) and that is $60 + tax + free overnight. If Amazon matches Gamestop then I could get the game for $54 and free overnight. Worth a shot. Too bad my game is already preparing to ship, so I may not get the deal now, but at least I should be playing it tomorrow or Wednesday depending on when they give the package to UPS/FedEx.
By vORTEX
I sent an email and they still turned down both codes :sigh: but at least I got the $5 off :cool:

For sure. I think seeing ordinary guys like the Gh[…]

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]