Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
in the hotel sedgewick scene after they blast the maid u can see the LEDs glowing out the side of the power cell on rays pack. Kinda makes it look like gtvg proton pack
shodanmark wrote:
Letmebleed75 wrote:in the hotel sedgewick scene after they blast the maid u can see the LEDs glowing out the side of the power cell on rays pack. Kinda makes it look like gtvg proton pack
:sigh:

????
I meant the pwercell on the game pack
I think what shodanmark meant by his gesture is that the movie packs came before the video game packs. The game packs were modeled by using the movie packs as references...so saying that the movie packs look like the game packs is backwards.
A little sales data is now available for the blu-ray. According to Nielsen VideoScan by way of Home Media Magazine,

The Top 10 Selling Blu-ray Discs for the Week Ended 6/21/09 were:

Gran Torino- Sold 1,441,661 total copies, with 5% Blu and 95% DVD (72,083.05 Blu copies)
Friday the 13th
Ghostbusters- Sold 83.3 copies for every 100 copies of Gran Torino (meaning 60,045.1807 Blu copies were sold)
Transformers
Taken
The Dark Knight
Lost: The Complete First Season
The Boondock Saints
The International
The Terminator

The Top 20 Selling Blu-ray Discs for the Week Ended 6/28/09

Transformers- No solid #'s have been released, but assuming it sold similar numbers to Gran Torino's last week, this would represent roughly 72,083.05 Blu sales, with total sales representing 21% Blu and 79% DVD. This number seems high, but could be possible because of the massive success of the new movie in theaters.

Gran Torino
The Matrix
Inkheart
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Ghostbusters- Sold 42.3 copies for every 100 copies of Transformers (meaning 30,491.1302 Blu copies were sold)
Taken
Friday the 13th
The Code
The Pink Panther 2

Estimated Total Sales for 2 weeks: 90,536.3109 (Note: This number may be too high)

I can't find hard numbers; however, I can attempt to frame these rankings into some sort of meaningful data.

-The Dark Knight is the best selling blu-ray to date at 2 million sales. (Released December 9, 2008)

-Transformers is 20th best selling blu-ray at 298,200 sales. This does not include the estimated sales from 6/28/09 located above.(Released September 2, 2008)

-Blood Diamond is the 50th best selling blu-ray with 110,000 sales. (Released June 5, 2007)
Ya I def know the 1984 movie pack was the basis for the 2009 video game pack. It was the thin part of the power cell for whatever reason on the movie pack glowed like the video game power cell on the pack. I actually was just hinting in the movie pack having a part that wasnt painted right or whatever.
By Shredder565
Finally got around to watching the rest of the movie..

First new thing noticed: A rod of some kind supporting the stay puft model as he walks down the street,when the GB's are looking over the edge at him. I think I might have either noticed this before, or it was discussed here before. Not sure which.

First thing heard: Janine: 'Egon, you're safe!' at the end of the movie. I have NEVER heard that before...but it was clear as a bell here..
I think that "rod" is actually just a series of cables for the controls to Mr. Puft's face.

I always heard Janine say "Egon" but never heard the "you're safe." Gonna have to go back and listen again. Good catch.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]