Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By WAGB23
ok i didnt know where to post this but here a question:

ok the ghostbusters game is cannon with the movies, and as we all know is set two years after Ghostbusters II, as the book Ghostbusters: The Return is also set two years after Ghostbusters II, now my question is this, is the book cannon with the movies or should "The Return" just be forgotten?
By Boomerjinks
I think the enormously popular video game that was written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis doesn't count.
By Krenzy
I don't know how the video game is cannon, although Dan and Harold writing it definately lends towards it's credibility. I mean, when GB3 comes out, that'll be cannon. But will the game tie into the movie? If we see pack modifications in GB3 like the stuff used in the video game, then maybe.

I don't know, but I hesitate the call anything cannon besides the movies; otherwise, why don't we include RGB and EGB as cannon as well?
By Ryusui
I wonder...if we get a GB3, are we going to get another Highlander 2 incident?
Will Egon still be the target of Janine's affections, completely ignoring her history with Louis, or will she and the little guy have a little tax man running around?
What about Slimer/Onionhead? Will he look like his GB2 form, or GB1, or completely new? Is he gonna be hanging around the firehouse again?
By Krenzy
As for Slimer, I personally hope he looks most like GB1...and opposite of the Wii Slimer lol. As for hanging around the Firehouse, try this thought on: In GB2, the only person who encounters Slimer is Louis. Maybe the guys have secretly been using him as their "science project" as Egon calls him (in the game), and Louis didn't know it?
By slimer28
I can't find any of the articles at the moment because they are probably links to them around here if you look hard enough, but I read in many of them that it is cannon and theoretically GB III. In various interviews multiple developers and producers of the game all confirmed this even Aykroyd himself said it.

In an even more specific interview one of the producers said that even though the game had some of Aykroyds GB III elements he clearly stressed only some. The reason was because in case GB III did get made there would still be enough of Hell Bent left to incorporate into the new movie.

As for the equipment Dan, Harold, and the game producers all said that it was their intention to incorporate it into a new film if it did get made.

Also remember the office writers are only doing a treatment and a basic plot outline which is already based on ideas that Ramis already had, he has already stated that in more than one interview. At the same time Reitman, Aykroyd, and Ramis have been consulting the entire time and The plan is for Dan and Harold to re work the script and put the Ghostbusters spin on it very similar to what they did with the game.

As for what the good Mr Quick said movies and sometimes games should be together separate from novels and cartoons should be in their own cannon as well.
By Zack
Nothing is cannon. If anything it would be "canon"

yes I came in to be that guy :lol:

this is cannon!
MIN40B_Miniature_Cannon.JPG
I've never had any problem personally thinking of the movies and cartoons as "separate" universes. With the same basic events. Except like some said, RGB plays it as if the movie was made based on their experiences. I think the books and comics are generally accepted for what they are. Not written by the creators. Even though the cartoons weren't, they were widespread and became well known enough.

I've always been of the mindset that the cartoons and movies were separate enough and never really had to all fit in the same reality or whatever.
By Kingpin
Ryusui wrote:Will Egon still be the target of Janine's affections, completely ignoring her history with Louis
Hopefully.
By LordVego
i think the game is definitely in canon with the films, seeing as it connects what happened in the two of them
By Cynn
I would think that due to the fact it was created by the same team, called a true sequel and set as a story enhancer for the movies that it would be canon. There's an interview online where they ask Dan if the new movie would reference the game and he said that could absolutely happen. I have no idea where this article is atm but I'm sure someone else here knows.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]