Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I leave Tuesday on a business trip to the Big Apple. While I've been there many times, I've only seen the New York Public Library from the movies.

Well now I have my googlemap all set with the locations of Dayna's Apartment & the famous Firehouse that I'll try to visit while I'm in town. Hopefully I'll have time to visit everywhere.

The good thing is, my hotel is a few blocks from the Firehouse. The bad news, it's pretty far from everything else.
A few years ago my father went to a Jethro Tull concert in NYC (and didn't get me a ticket, ugh!) so I dragged a few other relatives around to see the movie sites (in the pouring rain mind you). The only thing we didn't hit was the library.

To be honest, the H&L 8 really is the best. I mean, turning the corner (from a distance) after exiting the Holland tunnel and seeing that building, it was amazing. Got even cooler when you see the stuff they got inside. Also, the guys inside are great, they seem to like the attention lol.

I actually didn't want to bother them, but they saw me taking pictures outside and one of them came out, "You can come inside and get some shots if you want."

made the whole trip imo.
I agree the firehouse is great. It's such a surreal site, mainly because it looks just like it does in the movies and pictures. I didn't expect it to look any different or anything, but just being in front of something that I've seen my entire life in fiction... I don't know, it was a very cool feeling to me.

Make sure to get a H&L8 shirt too, I think they charge $15 bucks. It's a very cool memento. The only downside is when I wear it sometimes, every once and a while people ask if I'm a NY firefighter (it's the official firehouse shirt), and I say no and feel like a loser for wearing it. But when people see the station logo and know what it is, it's the best. Either way conversation starter lol
Today I went to see Transformers and when we walked to the train station. I noticed I was in Cloumbus Circle. I then walked away a bit into the street and I could just inamgine the Stay Puft Mashmallow Man coming around the corner. Enjoy the sights, it's like magic when your there.
GHOSTBUSTERS # 1FAN wrote:Today I went to see Transformers and when we walked to the train station. I noticed I was in Cloumbus Circle. I then walked away a bit into the street and I could just inamgine the Stay Puft Mashmallow Man coming around the corner. Enjoy the sights, it's like magic when your there.
and if you would have walked a few feet up, youd see the shador building :)
Don't forget about the gb props displayed at the Planet Hollywood.

Be advised: the library does not allow flash photography. I have the bruises to prove it.
Just got back from new york last week.

I went to see:

55 central park west, starting at the Columbus circle.
Lincoln Centre.
Tavern on the Green.
NY Public Library.
And the firehouse, which was open and I got my picture inside with the GB2 sign.
Rustyjeffears wrote:Just got back from new york last week.

I went to see:

55 central park west, starting at the Columbus circle.
Lincoln Centre.
Tavern on the Green.
NY Public Library.
And the firehouse, which was open and I got my picture inside with the GB2 sign.
COOL! Hopefully they'll be open when I stop by. I just looked at googlemaps and my hotel is only 8 mins by foot to the firehouse :D

Usually I stay in TImes Square when I fly in for work, but for this event we're down in SoHo, so it works out for me! :D Now I'll just have to find time to take the subway up to the Library & to Dayna's apt.
I did go to the statue but that wasn't because it was in GB2, but because it is a famous landmark. The inside of the statue was open but we didn't go up there as we didn't think it was worth it.

I was staying on 57th street and it was 20 dollars in a cab from there to ground zero where we did a walk around before finally visiting the firehouse.
Kingpin wrote:
borzou99 wrote:Don't forget about the gb props displayed at the Planet Hollywood.
Those were removed from Planet Hollywood a number of years ago.
Really? Because I was at Planet Hollywood in New York a few weeks ago and some of the props were there.
shifty02 wrote:Fly into Newark NJ...check. Take a cab into NYC....check. Check into hotel....check. Walk 8 mins to the Ghostbusters Firehouse....DOUBLE CHECK!

*dreamful sigh* god, I hope to visit that place & NY someday/century before I die. I haven't been anywhere outside of Colorado since Aug 2001 -- that was just for a family reunion in Chicago.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]