Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Next stop, second floor - the crew quarters. A lot of the photos going up here will be unfamiliar as they feature rooms either only glimpsed, or not seen at all in either movie.

Today's post comes from CoastalEddie and CuriousJosh (once again, from Hipgenesis) of flickr:

I apologize for how small Coastal's are, they're great shots but he hasn't uploaded any higher-resolution versions, nor has replied to a PM querying them. CuriousJosh's photos cover the crew room, the crew 'den' which was used as the bunkroom in the movie (painted red in these shots), a large room right at the back of the station, and the connecting corridor which leads to the staircases to the floors below and above (mostly white tile with a streak of green). The shot of the staircase seen at the start of the set is of the staircase leading up to the third floor, the former Captain's Quarters. The fire pole seen in Coastal's photos is the captain's private pole, and is (as far as I'm aware) the last pole left in the station. The room it's in is the 'den', before it was painted red.
Uploads temporarily on hold as I back-up my laptop and five years worth of files.

It's proven to be a solid argument to back-up regularly, the copying has been running constantly since Sunday evening.

Despite this, concotelli of Proptopia has recently made my awesome list, as he's recently visited the station, and taken a bevvy of photographs, some of which are of sections I had very poor reference of, previously:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Mkschroeder/Firehouse23Tour#
wow, it DOES have a lot of history - some good and some not so good
I discovered yesterday that Fire Station 23 has added another adult film to its credits. We all know about "Flashpoint", well there's another movie that came out last year called "Body Heat".... it's basically the same movie but with different chicks (and a subplot about developers wanting to demolish the firehouse for land value).

Check it out, it's not bad. Just tell your wives it's Ghostbusters-related, lol.
That'd rock. Thanks to the recent trip the SoCal Ghostbusters went on, most of the areas are now covered... but if you do manage to get in and get about, the bedroom, elevator and bathroom in the Captain's Quarters at the front of the third floor could be expanded on, as well as where the elevator is accessed from the engine bay. It'd also be nice, but not desperate, to have a look inside the "Keep this door closed" locker that's closest to the front set of doors. Some shots of the ceiling detailing at the very ends of the engine bay could also be useful.

Have fun in LA, don't forget to stop by the Biltmore whilst you're there. :)
I had NO IDEA that the firehouse had seen so much action. With so many people getting to party-down or film television shows or movies in that building it makes me sad that I've never gotten a chance to visit. Getting to walk around inside Engine 23 would be even more exciting to my eventual pilgrimage to Hook & Ladder 8 in lower Tribeca.
Lumokan, before I forget (and before it's too late to try), it's definitely worth seeing if you can get a reply from Daniel Taylor, the station's caretaker, in the hope of getting inside and avoiding disappointment. He seemed happy to conduct tours (especially if a "donation" is made towards the running of the place). You can try reaching him through this email:

chac.la@att.net

If you do have any luck raising him, and if the trip to L.A. is set up to the point where you know the specific dates you'll be there, it may also be of use to give him a particular date.

Just keep in mind the following details about Firestation 23:

*There may only be one working toilet... a functional one wasn't proven, but I doubt Daniel would let his living conditions be that terrible.
*The area the station is in is L.A.'s skid row, so be careful of down-and-outs. Keep any expensive gear concealed until you're inside the Station, if you are able to get inside.
Thanks Kingpin! I'll definitely email Daniel, I had hoped to contact him somehow so that's absolutely fantastic you provided that (I'd be willing to pay him pretty well for the privilege of a tour mind you!)

I'm also in touch with Bryan Fear because I want to see a '59 Caddy Ectomobile on my trip - there aren't any in Australia (to the very best of my knowledge) so that'll be a religious experience for me.
All that on top of my pretty extensive locations list of 22 GB and GBII locations in NY and LA.
This trip is going to be a thing of beauty.
gbuster084 wrote:Another LA 23 spotting. The musician Raphael Saadiq filmed his music video for "Stone Rollin' on the ground floor of the firehouse. Groovy song and video....check it out on youtube.
Creative editing, making it look like the engine bay is some sort of basement area.
RickH wrote:I discovered yesterday that Fire Station 23 has added another adult film to its credits. We all know about "Flashpoint", well there's another movie that came out last year called "Body Heat".... it's basically the same movie but with different chicks (and a subplot about developers wanting to demolish the firehouse for land value).

Check it out, it's not bad. Just tell your wives it's Ghostbusters-related, lol.
Then we'd def have to have a NSFW tag on this thread, lol! I don't think there are ANY screen grabs that would be safe! Apart from maybe the Captain's Quarters.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]