Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Some blueprints did actually surface a year or two ago, unfortunately they'd been heavily modified as part of the station's caretaker's plan to convert it into a community centre.

That being said, it had been my intent to use them as a rule of thumb and install what we now know from the wealth of information that has surfaced in the last several years... it's a project I hope to get back to work on in the new year. They'll be a full set of plans in terms of the layout of the rooms, but due to inadequate information concerning the size of the station there won't be any measurements.
Boomerjinks wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:
what is it? considering it's 500+mb, I figure I should ask.
Viruses. Like, a hundred viruses.
I didnt get viruses but when I tried to unzip / unrar the photos from it, my winrar program froze up crashed, so I just deleted it...

I redownloaded it and unzipped it on my work pc, it worked fine this time - the pics are pretty awesome. but I wish we had actual blueprints...
Been really busy, first chance i got to post this!!! I received an email from Mr. Vargas, Downtown Field Deputy for L.A. City. Good news.

FYI, There is no more "caretaker" for the building he was fired several years ago.

"Hello Tim,

I finally have some information for you regarding the Engine #23 Building. The building is owned by the City and it is not for sale. I was informed by our Assets Management Department that this building is a Prop K property that must be improved at a cost in the millions (somewhere around $8,000,000) before it can be used specifically for youth services. Additionally, due to it being in Prop K conditions, future use would be costly and complicated.

As for getting into the building I was told that entry could only be coordinated the next time maintenance is scheduled for the building. The Asset manager did not inform me when that might be but he did say that he would let me know. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let me know if you have any more questions."

If you would like info on Los Angeles cities Prop K here is the Link:
http://eng.lacity.org/projects/prop_k/aboutus.htm

I am still looking into getting access into the building during maintenance, if you are interested in going please let me know. Anyone and everyone is welcome, To the best of my knowledge it seems to be free so far, so stay tuned and I will get back to you all as soon as I know more. :cool:
o0Ecto1A0o wrote: I am still looking into getting access into the building during maintenance, if you are interested in going please let me know. Anyone and everyone is welcome, To the best of my knowledge it seems to be free so far, so stay tuned and I will get back to you all as soon as I know more. :cool:
Great work, thanks for that. I'll be in town from January 2 to January 12, so if there's any chance of getting in then, please let me know. I've always dreamed of getting in that building.
fixer79 wrote:Uh oh... That's not a very good sign... :(
True enough, but since the building can't be knocked down I wouldn't be surprised if the city's just deciding what to do with it. It's a big building as we all know and you could easily convert it into offices, but we also all know that it's in a terrible part of town where you wouldn't want to spend more than a few minutes...
Hey Lumokan
I still have not heard when they will be doing maintenance, as soon as I know, it will get posted. The building is supposed to be converted into a community center. who knows when that will happen.
I was just looking at those pictures. And the fact they have it boarded up reminds me of Egon saying the building should be condemed and the neiborhood is like a de-milliterized zone. Plus some of those pictures in the zip file make some of that building look downright creepy.
Kingpin wrote:Some blueprints did actually surface a year or two ago, unfortunately they'd been heavily modified as part of the station's caretaker's plan to convert it into a community centre.
Uh. Not really. As far as I know the only "modifications" he ever got around to were hanging artwork on the bay walls (and converting one of the upstairs rooms into a sound mixing/recording bay before the roof started leaking). The floorplan shouldn't have changed.
Fifthrider liked this
I'd rather see it boarded up and left alone, rather wasted as a party space for a bunch of west coast junkies in crap costumes.

I really wish we could buy that thing.
Does anyone have any updates on the state of Fire Station 23?

Also, I wonder if Daniel the caretaker (featured in the awesome 2010 So-Cal & Denver Ghostbusters tour video) is still there... If I'm not mistaken he has been caretaker of the firehouse since 1989.

Anyway, I hope the building will get the renovations it deserves and we will be seeing its interior once again on the silver screen soon...
Sorry to dredge this up, but I've always wondered what the "actual" layout of the firestation used in GB was.

The 1st floor is known to almost everyone, but my interest was more with the 2nd floor and up.

There are no 3D models online. We know the GBTVG model is not entirely accurate (for one, the staircase should go up more than 1 floor).

I've done some research and this was the best I could do on the 2nd floor.

Second floor standing by stairs looking towards bunks:

There are three poles visible. One left of the door and two on the right side of the room. The pole closest to the camera on the right is offset further from the wall than the one by the arcade machines.

Same view in reality (hole for the pole on the left has been boarded up):

This is the view looking the other way:

This is that little room behind the glass:

Further back down that corridor facing towards the bunks. I assume the stairs down are to the right of this picture. That's why they use the poles, to walk back down to the stairs is actually a long way.

That's the best I can do. I wish someone knew more or could model the interior.
Sav C liked this
There used to be a great video on YouTube of a meet up a bunch of guys did at the fire house. It was a multi-video tour of the entire fire house. Someone could easily map out the layout from that video. Unfortunately, it’s no longer available.
Coover5 wrote: October 19th, 2018, 10:06 am I'm rather surprised by how small it looks. Going to have to check out the firehouse scenes in both films to see how they made it look so big.
Don't let the photos fool you, the building is cavernous... Rather than option for a standard double-width station, the builders chose to set it up with one engine parked behind the other.
Coover5 wrote: October 19th, 2018, 10:06 am I'm rather surprised by how small it looks. Going to have to check out the firehouse scenes in both films to see how they made it look so big.
I was about to say, the real floors are a lot longer than I imagined. It doesn't end by the stairs but goes on.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]