Charlie Richter wrote:That was at the Perth Supanova,
Its one of my foamcore Packs rushed for Ganthorian to wear to the Expo.
Hi all, I guess I should respond now
Forgive me for the delay, I was hoping to get a better picture my friend took with a much better camera (and a photo of me with her too!).
This is the photo I uploaded onto Flickr on the 29th .. http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N ... 382917508/
I honestly didn't know she was that big a fan until now, and the GB stuff was planned well in advance of Eliza actually being confirmed as a guest (which was barely a month ago). This has just been one of those great serendipitous moments
The way things happened (as I remember it) was that I attended both days at Supanova, with Charles Richter and Davros attending on the Saturday (in which all three of us got swamped for photos). On the Sunday me and my friend wanted to get in and get our signings in early, mainly because the day before it was too packed to get any from anyone. We were waiting in line to get Summer Glau's autograph and as we got close Eliza saw my pack (her line at this point which was longer had diminished because she arrived before Summer) so I got my autographs and hurried to her now empty line. After presenting the tickets and the usual fan outpouring (from me!) she asked if she could wear my pack!!! I didn't even hesitate and helped it on her, making sure she was secure in the frame before taking the gun off for her to hold. I quickly took a photo with my shitty phone and posed for a shot with her and my pack (photo still pending) whilst her boyfriend(?) took some photos as well
It wasn't until after I walked away in an absolute daze that my friend suggested I get her to sign my pack... DOH!!!
I must say that Eliza is as charming as she is beautiful and I would love to see her involved in the next Ghostbusters outing
Details of the pack for those who are curious! ...
- Foam core shell and tubing from Charles Richter, who came through in a bind after not receiving my shell and part from Mike Nelson since May (I haven't posted in that thread because I've been way too busy with this thing and work, but I've opened a PayPal dispute and won't discuss matters further until it's been resolved).
- Gun kit from irricanian, a huge thanks Colin and you've had your wand in a celebrities' hands
- Pack light kit from R2DEVO, a spare one from Charles Richter.
- Split loom tubing, Red Perspex, and some essential pack building knowledge (like using torch reflectors for cyclotron lights) by Davros.
- HGA (not pictured) is Red Virtue's fantastic GB:TVG variant.
- Gun lights were scratch build and a 'Flicking Candle' kit from Jaycar, all hooked up to a 12v battery.
- Assembly, puttying, sanding, dremelling, kicking, screaming, swearing, painting and weathering by Me (with some assistance from my Dad who made the motherboard, and my Mom sewn my badges on my suit).
The only real problems with that pack (for those picky bastards) is that there was no time to fab up a bumper or shock mount, some of the tubing/connectors are missing, the N-Filter is the wrong size/a bit crap (but that's my fault, it was a rush job), wrong sized washers on cyclotron rings, and a couple of tiny things that (like the rest) just couldn't get done due to time, availability, and money restraints.
TL:DR Eliza wore my Pack!
I'll try and put some more photos online as soon as I can (with scans of stuff).
p.s. Huge shout out to Michael Winslow, who I also met and had an absolute blast talking to... and his seminar was brilliant and hilarious and LOUD!!! (he did this skit were he redubbed the sound effects to the scene in Star Wars with the Millennium Falcon taking out the TIE fighters after the escape from the Death Star... bloody hilarous)