Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Mr. D.
What is Egon holding? I assume its a tiny calculator? Sine he is showing Ray results from his calculations of interests rates.

By Mr. D.
Coover5 wrote:Almost makes me think of an old wrist calculator with the wrist band removed.

Good call.

By Coover5
I thought it was more square too but watch the way he holds it. In the pictures the angles make it seem smaller than it is.
By Mr. D.
devilmanozzy wrote:Nope, I think it is more square...

Maybe that will help a bit. I want to know too. :cool:

There are different models, shapes, colors, sizes of wrist calculators. The one I posted was just an example.

Here's another.

In the first pic you post, you can see him flipping the switch on the side. Look at th epics I posted you can see similar switches.
By irrelevanttomfoolery
It does look like the Edmund Scientific 1945 model but it would need to be smaller..

I'm thinking it's the Ragen Microelectronic Calculator:

By PinkGloom
What an interesting thread! I love these wrist calculators :) Miss the 80's
By gboy6
I think its a Casio Micro Mini.

ImageImage
It's about the right size.

ImageImageImage
And it does have the black stripe on the side the black circle in the back.

But according to this site http://www.casio-calculator.com/Museum/ByCategory/ByCategoryMicro-mini.html there are several different versions, so I don't know which version to narrow it down to.

Some one help me confirm this.
devilmanozzy, JoeLuna33, Alex Newborn and 1 others liked this
By Alex Newborn
Very cool ID, good eye. I'll have to add that to my list of eBay searches now!

I followed the link and browsed the other styles, this one with a flip-top lid would be pretty cool as well...

In keeping with Egon's description in the original script as a 'New Wave Mr. Spock', the resemblance to a Star Trek communicator is nifty.

Alex
By devilmanozzy
Alex Newborn wrote:Here are some pics of a Casio Micro-Mini M-810, trying to pose them like the film frames seen earlier in this thread.

Alex

Wow, no doubt as far as the back and sides at least. Very cool discovery.
By Alex Newborn
By the way, the Casio Micro-Mini runs off a button-cell battery, the same kind used in the recalled Hardee's Ghost Blasters.

Alex

But when the loop start again automatically, the[…]

Same here. I resisted getting a smartphone for ye[…]

I know it says to use an 8 ohm speaker with the am[…]

2016 reboot pack plans?

Same here. When I built my reboot pack I had to co[…]